• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans are in a tough spot. If they yield, the Dems will take them to the cleaners every time. Even in power with Obama, the Republicans were blamed for the shutdown lol. Dems play this game very well. Republicans are amateurs.

carda114

Oct 28, 2017
Well maybe this isn´t a bad thing. Maybe you guys need to hit rock bottom first to get back on track again.

Sure, people will only die, lose their livelihoods, and see their families torn apart, but I'm sure it will be all worth it when we make the comeback.

It's only minorities, women, the gays, after all. Can't expect white people to face the brunt of it. No sir.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't the next pay for airport staff the 15th? Wouldn't want to fly that day or any day after until they're paid.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to once again thank the electoral college for sticking us with this shitlord. I cannot think of a more necessary component of our election system.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ok trump, you got the record and beat both obama and Clinton, feel free to end it now

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
It is truly baffling to me that the Republican party has managed to be so insanely dysfunctional and incompetent. I knew it would be bad, but the level of self-destruction they're capable of is just fucking ridiculous. It has to stop.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
tenor.gif

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
I just want to say that anarchism has a lot of interpretation and anarcho-capitalism is one of them, that I guess is what Trump wants.
Also is a very complex system that I don't know if, whoever is behind Trump, knows all the pros and cons.

Nov 20, 2017
I just want to say that anarchism has a lot of interpretation and anarcho-capitalism is one of them, that I guess is what Trump wants.
Also is a very complex system that I don't know if, whoever is behind Trump, knows all the pros and cons.

Even anarcho-capitalism features a plan of source.

This is more third reich, competing teams of fuckwits out-sycophating each other like crabs in a bucket

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Even anarcho-capitalism features a plan of source.

This is more third reich, competing teams of fuckwits out-sycophating each other like crabs in a bucket
For me it's hard to understand that some psychopath can be the president of the USA without some very clever people making a plan to do so.
But life always finds a way, that's true.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, people will only die, lose their livelihoods, and see their families torn apart, but I'm sure it will be all worth it when we make the comeback.

It's only minorities, women, the gays, after all. Can't expect white people to face the brunt of it. No sir.

Poor people in this country are predominantly white by sheer number.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the current pace of "negotiations" we could be well into February before Republicans even think about defying McConnell and Trump.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing will happen until there are massive protests in Washington, republicans getting screamed at everywhere, essential workers stop showing up, shutting down airports, etc...

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Really wish that congress didn't get paid during shutdowns. You wouldn't see this buffoonery if they were also not getting them checks

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
No coup yet? I guess the amount of tolerance we have around here for a white dude fucking all kinds of shit up is at least noteworthy. If we gave everyone else this much leeway, we'd be the chillest.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wishes that when the Government shut down EVERYONE would stop getting a paycheck. Not just certain people but everyone in America would do without. Now that would light a fire under people and this shit would be stopped.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I know how this is going to end:
Trump declares a state of emergency, The House declares that there is none. By law the Senate has to vote on that within 18 days, and there will be a court challenge. Trump loses at least one of those , probably both (or McConnell refuses to hold a vote and is sued on that and loses at the SC, then loses the vote).

Government opens in the interim, Trump complains about traitors stopping him from building the wall, his base buys his argument whereas Trump hopes low-information voters forget about this in 18 months time.
This

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Part of me wishes that when the Government shut down EVERYONE would stop getting a paycheck. Not just certain people but everyone in America would do without. Now that would light a fire under people and this shit would be stopped.
Do you want chaos in the streets? Because that's how you get it.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Republicans are in a tough spot. If they yield, the Dems will take them to the cleaners every time. Even in power with Obama, the Republicans were blamed for the shutdown lol. Dems play this game very well. Republicans are amateurs.

A shutdown shouldn't be how you negotiate legislation anyway.

Government workers should work uninterrupted while lawmakers hash out laws. A shutdown holds millions of Americans hostage so one side can get votes they don't want to offer concessions for. It's a breakdown of the democratic process. The equivalent of someone turning off the lights so you can't play the next round of Risk.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A shutdown shouldn't be how you negotiate legislation anyway.

Government workers should work uninterrupted while lawmakers hash out laws. A shutdown holds millions of Americans hostage so one side can get votes they don't want to offer concessions for. It's a breakdown of the democratic process. The equivalent of someone turning off the lights so you can't play the next round of Risk.
Oh I agree. I'm just pointing out how Democrats always have the upper hand and usually get their stuff through.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Do you want chaos in the streets? Because that's how you get it.

Well you damn well better believe chaos in the street would end this pointless shut down very quickly. But actually just the threat that there would be chaos in the street would probably be enough for a shut down like this to never happen in the first place.

Last edited:

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The reason pubs were blamed with Obama in charge was because they honestly had both the house and the Senate and they were using the budget to get things like Obamacare repeal among other things.