• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
The toxic divorce back-and-forth between Hollywood stars Johnny Depp and Amber Heard continues with the latest legal front shifting to Depp's reported lawsuit against his ex, seeking $50 million for allegedly defaming him with "hoax" allegations of domestic abuse.

Heard's lawyer, Eric George of Los Angeles, told USA TODAY he had not yet seen the lawsuit, only the media reports about it. But he issued a statement condemning it as "frivolous" and vowed it would not stop Heard from speaking out further about domestic violence.
"This frivolous action is just the latest of Johnny Depp's repeated efforts to silence Amber Heard," George said in a statement emailed to USA TODAY. "She will not be silenced.
"Mr. Depp's actions prove he is unable to accept the truth of his ongoing abusive behavior. But while he appears hell-bent on achieving self destruction, we will prevail in defeating this groundless lawsuit and ending the continued vile harassment of my client by Mr. Depp and his legal team."

My guess is that Depp has run out of money and is no longer being offered high-profile roles. I checked his IMDB page and he doesnt have anything promising in the near future.

https://www.usatoday.com/amp/3034593002

giphy.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he is probably broke and hollywood probably realized his name isn't worth what it use to be

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
My guess is that Depp has run out of money and is no longer being offered high-profile roles. I checked his IMDB page and he doesnt have anything promising in the near future.

https://www.usatoday.com/amp/3034593002

giphy.gif

He runs out of money ? LOL. Do you have even an idea of the amount of money he made for Pirates movies ?

Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want to be portrayed as someone who was responsible for domestic violence if he never did it.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that time WB made his casting the big twist of their flagship film and then hinged the entire plot of the remainder of their tentpole franchise on his character?

Oops.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He runs out of money ? LOL. Do you have even an idea of the amount of money he made for Pirates movies ?

Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want to be portrayed as someone who was responsible for domestic violence if he never did it.

Seems like you missed the numerous reports regarding how insanely fast he's burning through all his money.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

there was an article a while back that he's pretty much mismanaged his money to the nth degree

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017

Didn't you know? Wife beating Depp is a known idiot with his money

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain

Deleted member 15848

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of these two actually has a history of domestic violence and it ain't Depp. I believe him.

He also says he has receipts that she was cheating with Musk early in their marriage. What a damn mess.

OP
OP
Vonnegut

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
I know for a fact that both of these things aren't true.

His IMDB page lists 4 films that he is set to star in:

1. Snow Moon
2. Hunter's Moon Rising
3. Waiting for the Barbarians
4. Minamata

All 4 of these films appear to be low-budget projects.

And as far as what you know to be facts, I'm doubtful.

The man bought a village in France. He has burned through almost all of his wealth.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't fathom why these people can't be content with simple, uncomplicated lives. No wonder the rich are so out of touch with everyone else. $3.6 million annually for his 40-person staff?? $350,000 a month to maintain his yacht?

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Wouldn't he need to prove her statements about how he treated her are untrue to be defaming?
Hasn't it been established, like, on video he hurt her? What the fuck does he hope to accomplish? If it's just extracting money from her, well, he fucked that up as per her lawyer. he ain't getting shit lol. Anything else is kinda impossible even before the attempt.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His IMDB page lists 4 films that he is set to star in:

1. Snow Moon
2. Hunter's Moon Rising
3. Waiting for the Barbarians
4. Minamata

All 4 of these films appear to be low-budget projects.

And as far as what you know to be facts, I'm doubtful.

The man bought a village in France. He has burned through almost all of his wealth.
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but IMDB Pro clearly shows 2 projects in production and 25 in development (Granted some of those are for sure dev hell). Regardless, IMDB is not a completely reliable source, especially for unannounced projects. I know for a fact of at least one more major one, not listed in any of those at all, that should be announced in the next month or two.
TDLink
T. Depp Link
THE DEPP LINK
Lol, you guys are hilarious. Don't wish that on me. (Of course, I would deny it if i I was in fact Johnny, wouldn't I).

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas

Well thank heavens you're here to defend his honor.

🙄

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
People saying it's messy... huh? It was cut and dry. And she donated all the money received to charity. This is Depp being desperate and people coming up with weird conspiracy theories to defend him.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
How the hell can someone spent 600 millions and be in debt? Give me one mil and I'll be set for the rest of my life. It's pathetic that he wants to make money this way, hell, go Bruce Willis route and start appearing in every trash thriller out there if you need money this much.

OP
OP
Vonnegut

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but IMDB Pro clearly shows 2 projects in production and 25 in development (Granted some of those are for sure dev hell). Regardless, IMDB is not a completely reliable source, especially for unannounced projects. I know for a fact of at least one more major one, not listed in any of those at all, that should be announced in the next month or two.

I do not have IMDB Pro. The basic version only lists those 4 projects.

But I'll concede that point to you. However, it has been publicized that Depp is having money problems. I doubt that you know for a fact that that isn't true.

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not have IMDB Pro. The basic version only losts those 4 projects.

But I'll concede that point to you. However, it has been publicized that Depp is having money problems. I doubt that you know for a fact that that isn't true.
He has money problems in the way that he habitually has a problem spending money. He doesn't have a problem with income. And let's not forget he owns over a dozen different properties that he could liquidate if push really came to shove.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Imagine being an actor and maintaining a 40-person staff for yourself. Does Conan O'Brien even employ that many people to produce his show? $30k on wine a month? Some supplier was spanking that fool with overpriced product and living large because of it. $350k a month to maintain a yacht? Buddy, you can just rent one when you need it. He could literally rent a yacht with a full crew for ten guests one week each month and would have only ran him about $15k/month.

I can't fathom an individual making such gullible and silly money decisions. Maybe he is out of money and getting desperate, and I can't imagine his name is very bankable these days.