• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, she said something insensitive while trying to make another point.

She's going to have this thrown at her the rest of her career.

That's her fault. Victims/survivors/family have every right to trash her on this.

I don't even see it as a lib or conservative thing. Omar could have made her point without belittling 9/11, which she absolutely did. There is no reason to defend her on that. It doesn't make you pro conservative to denounce what she said.

I think Political tribalism has blinded common sense here.
It wasn't insensitive. She has literally zero relation to or culpability for terrorist attacks on 9/11, nor do any other Muslim Americans. Imagine if watchlists and massive surveillance was being conducted of your community, that your rights and the rights of everyone who looks like you were being infringed regularly, just because some people from half way across the world committed a horrible crime. That is a massive injustice, and she was right to call it out that way because the actions of some Muslims somewhere does NOT justify the oppression and hatred of Muslims here.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree.

She screwed up. Period. She handed the right a talking point and people on the left trying to run damage control for her look desperate.

I support her on almost all issues, including the original point she was trying to make, but she chose very bad words to call out Islamaphobia and wound up dismantling her own cause. She could have done better there.

Oh, cool.

We're doing this again.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Honestly, she said something insensitive while trying to make another point.

She's going to have this thrown at her the rest of her career.

That's her fault. Victims/survivors/family have every right to trash her on this.

I don't even see it as a lib or conservative thing. Omar could have made her point without belittling 9/11, which she absolutely did. There is no reason to defend her on that. It doesn't make you pro conservative to denounce what she said.

I think Political tribalism has blinded common sense here.

I disagree.

She screwed up. Period. She handed the right a talking point and people on the left trying to run damage control for her look desperate.

I support her on almost all issues, including the original point she was trying to make, but she chose very bad words to call out Islamaphobia and wound up dismantling her own cause. She could have done better there.

Are you serious? You can't be.

That moron took her statement out of context & tried smearing her with it.

Last edited:

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't insensitive. She has literally zero relation to or culpability for terrorist attacks on 9/11, nor do any other Muslim Americans. Imagine if watchlists and massive surveillance was being conducted of your community, that your rights and the rights of everyone who looks like you were being infringed regularly, just because some people from half way across the world committed a horrible crime. That is a massive injustice, and she was right to call it out that way because the actions of some Muslims somewhere does NOT justify the oppression and hatred of Muslims here.
Well...

It's only "reasonable" for MUSLIMS to have to constantly apologize for a few bad people. Sorry, I meant to say minorities. You know since we are just all just indistinguishable from one another.

So wouldn't it also be reasonable for each single white person to take responsibility for every single thing thing that radicalized mentally ill white person has done?

for those not in the know that was sarcasm