• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Liamario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about PHP, so I think just CSS. That's all I've been doing.
I notice that when I quote you, it changes your colour as well. I just want my posts in different colour and when another user quotes me, i want my quote to be highlighted. Basically I want free web design :)

Liamario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just me, or everyone? If it's just me that's because you still have my name in the CSS. You can delete that part.
ZOX3XER.png

So you see when I quote you, the container comes in green as well. I don't want any styling on when I quote other users.

Liamario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I'm not sure. At a guess it has to do with you using a different color for the quote than the post. I'm not seeing this on my end though. Sorry if that doesn't help.

No problem, you've been very helpful. I think it'll come down to specifying the changes for my username only, if you know what I mean.

Bahlor

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I personally would suggest the following if you have problems. Also note... you should really change the colors :D But this would highlight your own posts in green and quotes of you in red.

Code:
/* your posts */
[data-author="Liamario"] .messageInfo {
    background-color: green;
}

/* quotes of you */
article [data-author="Liamario"] aside .attribution,
article [data-author="Liamario"] aside .quoteContainer {
background-color: transparent;

article [data-author="Liamario"] {
    background-color: red;
}

EDIT: Also be sure to have this after every other declaration of the element. Might be overwritten otherwise. Put it at the bottom, to be sure.

Last edited:

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everyone, this is awesome and you rock. At this point I have all my wishlist features fulfilled.

I use a combination of Gattsu25's and Bahlor's with border-width set to 2px, and the colors adjusted to match the custom dark de-saturated theme.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I must be doing something wrong. I've added it as a new style, ensured I inserted my username, left the quotes in, saved it all, relaunched the browser and refreshed, but my posts are still the same background color.

Dragonfly224

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I must be doing something wrong. I've added it as a new style, ensured I inserted my username, left the quotes in, saved it all, relaunched the browser and refreshed, but my posts are still the same background color.
I had the same issue as you at 1st. My problem was the word code was left in. I removed it and it worked right away after that.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Thanks a lot guys! I hope the staff are adding something like this alongside the official dark theme, would be pretty useful on mobile.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, it wasn't working well for me. My BF (who has coding experience) made these changes, and it works great now without errors:

Code:
li[data-author="Magnus"] {
    border-color: #4A3D66 !important;
    background-color: #4A3D66 !important;
}
.messageUserBlock.online {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}
.messageUserInfo {
}
.avatarHolder {
}
[itemscope="itemscope"] {
}
div[data-author="Magnus"] .quoteContainer {
}
div[data-author="Magnus"] .attribution {
}

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Alright, it wasn't working well for me. My BF (who has coding experience) made these changes, and it works great now without errors:

Code:
}
}
.messageUserInfo {
}
.avatarHolder {
}
}
}
}

This works excellent with the dark theme, thanks!

Oct 27, 2017

Code:
}
}
.messageUserInfo {
}
.avatarHolder {
}
}
}
}

This works fantastic with the dark theme as SJRB said! Thank you! Here's hoping a feature like this gets added to the main ResetERA code.

P.S.: For anyone trying this specific code, don't forget to take out Magnus and add your own username. I felt like a dummy for a second there when it "wasn't working," whoops.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Ever since the update for the site showed up, it has overwritten my original quote color that I made with this add-on... is there a way to get my old one back?

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since the new update to the forum I've been wondering if there is a way to suppress the highlight of the first new unread post made by someone.