• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Sony is the bad guy. They prove it time and time again whenever they deny refunds on games that aren't even released yet or refuse to even consider an update to their currently horrible policy.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they need a better refund policy. Shouldn't charge you until the game is ready for pre-load and they should at least give you a couple hours like Steam to try a game.

I thought they would refund the game if it was broken at least? I got a GTA V PS3 refund, another problem is it's so hit and miss.

Nice of CDPR to pass the buck on that mess

Nov 8, 2017
I still can't get the PSN refund chat bot to do anything useful. People are saying it's slow but it's not even working for me. And yeah curious about how the CDPR email goes.

Oct 25, 2017
It took me two weeks and about a dozen plus of different customer service reps to cancel a damn pre order so...I'm not surprised

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Sony is at fault for granting certification to a clearly fauty game, so even if CDPR hadn't said anything, they are still at fault.
QA is not the platform owner's problem, nor is it their fault when people are moronic consumers.

Again, they should still offer refunds, but y'all need to actually think before pre-ordering things. That or accept you might be throwing your money into a bottomless void, especially with digital.
Nice of CDPR to pass the buck on that mess
That is absolutely the intent. "Hey, look over there instead of looking at us!"

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
And I'm sitting here still waiting almost 4 days later without a single actual response from GOG about my refund. Got the one automated response and that's it. I'm no longer worried though that I'll actually get it, they just must be swamped with them.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That's a really fucking bad policy. We'll take your $60 now but it's not fully playable until two months later. Merry Christmas!!!!

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get how Sony's refund policy is so inconsistent. I bought the wrong game by accident once and was refunded straight away but you're stuck with a broken game?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Super embarrassing there is no easy way of refunding on the PS Store. If they allow broken software on their store, there needs to be an easy way to get your money back – see Steam.

But I'm totally not surprised, they just let the PS4 version pass certification because of the big bucks.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Sony is being bitter about mass refunds since the game probably sold millions already, this isn't even a policy issue.
Quite clearly a decision from above specifically for this game because they're greedy POS. Laughable, I hope they'll change this approach if this gets enough attention on social media.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
If Sony didn't know how unstable the game is they sure as hell should know now via the tons of crash reports they must be getting. At this point Sony should do right by their userbase and make a statement about no questions asked refund.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
LMAO "Let me lose potentially thousands of dollars worth of games because I chose the nuclear option instead of waiting for things to play out"...

It seems really hit-and-miss on who is able to get a refund on this from Sony right now, but there's proof in this very thread that they are processing refunds for at least some people. Hopefully they open up refunds to everyone that wants them instead of it being on a case by case basis like it currently is.

Seems like people ITT are making it clear this is a long persisting problem with Sony. But again, it's a personal choice if you want to stay attached to this type of company or not

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah they said something like using their respective refund policies. What refund policies.

as shitty as Sony's refund policy is, CDPR should have probably cleared with platform holders and retailers before making that statement. I doubt people will be able to casually walk into a retail outlet and return their opened discs either.
Yup, which is working exactly as intended, at least for now as the blame is shifted. This isn't your typical refund scenario and, of course, Sony's lack of a proper refund system in place doesn't help at all.
Seems like people ITT are making it clear this is a long persisting problem with Sony. But again, it's a personal choice if you want to stay attached to this type of company or not
You say that as if people bought games thinking of refunding them 80% of the time. What you're saying doesn't make sense because refunding is a small part of the whole process. Should it be better? Yes, of course. Is it worth it cutting ties with a company? That's for each person to decide and it seems like it's not really worth the nuclear option lol. Why do people feel the need to be hyperbolic?

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
CDPR definitely trying to shift the blame and anger onto others. Hell it's even working in this thread

Blanket statement they released clearly was not cleared with any company as both Sony & Microsoft are refusing refunds and if you open a physical game you can't return it in USA(at best get in store credit sometimes).

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Judging by the OP Microsoft is returning digital copies with no issues?
Yeah, the Microsoft Store has the same refund policy as Steam (ie no quibble refunds within 14 days of purchase [or release in the case of pre-orders] so long as you haven't played the game for more than two hours). In this case, I would expect the two hour playtime limit to be waived.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
My crash reports crashed twice.

I caught two L's this gen. One was buying the digital ps5.

Second was buying this absolute piece of shit game.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Sony's refund policy appears to be absolutely woeful.

I'm lucky I haven't needed to use it yet. Whenever I've needed to get a refund on Steam or Xbox, I've had no issues. Sony needs to learn lessons from how Valve and MS handle refunds.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
QA is not the platform owner's problem, nor is it their fault when people are moronic consumers.

Again, they should still offer refunds, but y'all need to actually think before pre-ordering things. That or accept you might be throwing your money into a bottomless void, especially with digital.
Agreed about QA, but it seems like the game was clearly not in a good state for the base console so it's still Sony's fault imo.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
That bad? I really only heard the major issues being the older systems. But I honestly never got hyped for or cared too much about the game.

It is buggy af, even on PC...and the elements like AI, driving, combat, systems are undercooked and just dated. there isn´t even a good reason that this game is "open world" because as soon as you mess around with the OW it falls apart like a house of cards.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft and the Xbox allow refunds on all purchases already.

It's just that between Xbox, PC and PS4 that only the ps4 doesn't have an option for refunds at all, this was a special case to allow ANY refunds because cyberpunk is special broken.

Sony does have a refund policy. They enacted it a couple of years ago. I think it's for preorders only or something like that. Like you can't download the game to your console.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I wonder how broken or buggy a game has to be before they'll refund it?

Seems like Sony will certify anything as long as it boots, but you could literally buy a game that is just random 1s and 0s and they still wouldn't refund it.

US will let this slide, of course, but EU should get on Sony's ass.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Nah, man, it's not exactly warring. Certain fanboys do need to be put in their place. And I was agreeing with both on whom I quoted.
Well, not everybody is going to agree with your points or be in the hive mind with era. That don't make em fanboys. I get it, sometimes people are mad at the store they bought the shit from. All's I'm seeing is CDPR getting away Scot free for some stuff they sold you...

If y'all gon keep the pressure up do it for all fronts that sell the game. That's the only way to really bring it to CDPR.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Stay attached? It's not a relationship, there's no attachment beyond a company providing a product and me choosing if/when to purchase.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what CDPR's internal solution is if you get denied by Sony/MS/retailers. Are they gonna be like "Sorry here's $50 in credit for when the MP launches"?

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
PlayStation's refund policy is almost at the "no refunds" level. I mean, "no download, 14 days". Who the hell thought this was a good proposal for a policy? Their only exception being if the game being faulty. This is one of those rare times and they're not even honoring it. Arrogant/Archaic Sony at best.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Sony does have a refund policy. They enacted it a couple of years ago. I think it's for preorders only or something like that. Like you can't download the game to your console.

That's just a cancellation of payment for a product you haven't received. The competing cyberpunk platforms allow refunds after playing and Sony allowing you to maybe cancel a preorder is not at all comparable.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Sony's outsourced support is shit. Got the same answer. I've been disconnected on by reps and "supervisors.'

Until Sony get's enough bad press from this, we're screwed.

Nov 27, 2017
California
For the players

never
pre
order
especially for a digital version for a game

to be fair every customer service agent is told no exceptions for refunds if it's been refunded so they are just trying to do their job, but still it's on CDPR for releasing a broken product

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
This is fuckin bullshit. They shouldn't have certified it then. Give the people their refund. Even CDPR admits the game is not at a state that's acceptable.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Meanwhihle CDPR after seeing all the hate being pushed on Sony instead of them now:

200.gif

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Yup, which is working exactly as intended, at least for now as the blame is shifted. This isn't your typical refund scenario and, of course, Sony's lack of a proper refund system in place doesn't help at all.

You say that as if people bought games thinking of refunding them 80% of the time. What you're saying doesn't make sense because refunding is a small part of the whole process. Should it be better? Yes, of course. Is it worth it cutting ties with a company? That's for each person to decide and it seems like it's not really worth the nuclear option lol. Why do people feel the need to be hyperbolic?

I literally said it's a personal opinion lol