• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostwalker

Oct 30, 2017
The hate for competition in PC gaming is unreal.

So can you show me all the hate that is for any other competing stores with the exception EGS. Some of them catch some flack but no more than Steam catches. Show me this this unreal hate for GoG or Humble, show me that unreal hate for GMG or Origin. Show he the Unreal hate for battle.net ect

Its only Epic, and if they are the only competition getting the unreal hate then is for another reason than them being the competition.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I wish a bigger deal was being made about how bad the Epic store currently is, but any kind of valid criticism seems to always get caught up in the same wave as the dumb conspiracy stuff. Things like this are what keep me from using it, nothing more.

D3VaoUGWwAAcHaC

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of complaints I've seen come from people who are concerned with the lacking feature set or tracking of EGS; any calls to "fake news" seem to be very much secondary. Congrats, you personally don't care about some features. Heck, I don't either. The only "counter argument" is always "Well *I* don't care about those things therefore other people can't and shouldn't". Stop being so self centered and realize it's not about you or any one person and what they deem to be "worthwhile", it's about the sum of the audience and the fact that EGS adds absolutely nothing positive and a whole lot of negatives.

What is it with people and aggressively trying to misrepresent very tangible, very obviously anti-consumer concerns?

EGS is offering me cross-play on Borderlands 3 with my friends on XBox. That alone is a huge positive for me personally, and an improvement over Borderlands 2. This is something I was hoping Microsoft would have blazed the trail for, but they've been a bit slow to expand it beyond their own first party games.

My argument was not "I don't care about those things, therefore other people can't and shouldn't" - I stated that I understand why certain features missing from EGS are big deals for others. My only point was that my opinion is as valid as those of people who feel impacted by not having certain features. These are video games. They're a hobby for personal enjoyment. Everybody should engage with them in a way that works for them.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
EGS is offering me cross-play on Borderlands 3 with my friends on XBox. That alone is a huge positive for me personally, and an improvement over Borderlands 2. This is something I was hoping Microsoft would have blazed the trail for, but they've been a bit slow to expand it beyond their own first party games.

My argument was not "I don't care about those things, therefore other people can't and shouldn't" - I stated that I understand why certain features missing from EGS are big deals for others. My only point was that my opinion is as valid as those of people who feel impacted by not having certain features. These are video games. They're a hobby for personal enjoyment. Everybody should engage with them in a way that works for them.
Is Steam offering that cross-play? Is that a benefit which Epic adds themselves, or something which is baked into the process from Take2?

I mean, no, it's not valid to say "my opinion matters just as much", because it's not about any other persons opinion vs anothers at all. Epic is forcing people to use a less feature rich program for people to play a game. That's not a matter of opinion, that's a fact. If any one person doesn't value some features therein, that doesn't matter. What matters is the affect to everyone, as a whole, which is not an opinion.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Steam offering that cross-play? Is that a benefit which Epic adds themselves, or something which is baked into the process from Take2?

I mean, no, it's not valid to say "my opinion matters just as much", because it's not about any other persons opinion vs anothers at all. Epic is forcing people to use a less feature rich program for people to play a game. That's not a matter of opinion, that's a fact. If someone doesn't value some features therein, that doesn't matter. What matters is the affect to everyone, as a whole, which is not an opinion.

I'll admit we don't know if the functionality extends to the Steam version, but it was a priority on Epic's 2019 roadmap and Randy Pitchford alluded to them being drivers for cross-platform play.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

You understand that crossplay will be there likely for the steam release right? Plenty of games have cross play. If I missed a point by not reading more posts back I apologize.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
While the claims of spying are ridiculous, I remember reading that it was proven that EGS gathers data without consent that it does not need. That's more than enough.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't that a feature of the engine and not the storefront though? Still good on Epic either way, but technically not making the exclusivity necessary.
Yeah I think it is part of UE4 so any game using UE4 can actually use it. They are just integrating their x-play tech from Fortnite in the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.