• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Learning that you can speed up unlocking the moments by scrolling as far right versus unlocking each one manually was such a time saver. And I did not realize that completing a song once on one difficulty allows you to auto play it on all four.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Learning that you can speed up unlocking the moments by scrolling as far right versus unlocking each one manually was such a time saver. And I did not realize that completing a song once on one difficulty allows you to auto play it on all four.
Yeah it's really convenient and I wish KLab would implement it in some of their other games.
I was shocked when i saw that you can auto the songs, I've never seen that in other rhythm games and I didn't even notice the feature when I played the JP version of UtaPri.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's amazing, I haven't gotten any special gem drops from these event songs :(

Oct 25, 2017
awesome, I dont need to do anymore of the valentine's day shots. I got Otoya today in the 11 shot (and another Ai Mikaze)

Otoya's is the best sidew story ever. !!!!
DVRcDwRVMAUfHD5.jpg:small
DVRcDwEVAAEHG6N.jpg:small

DVRcDwIVMAIIceE.jpg:small
DVRcDwHV4AEAN_o.jpg:small

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Wow Otoya is so happy, and Ranmaru says Otoya doesn't know what personal space is.

The present for 14 day login is a roulette
nDZFxPl.png

Oct 25, 2017
Darn I didnt realize I was one day behind people.

Im in the top 10% for the event, I assume more players participated since my rank has stayed in the same 1800-2100 range but the ranking tier changed since yesterday and this morning.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
The game released at night so I'm pretty sure that's where the extra login is from

I'm in the 10% as well, got the SR Natsuki from points recently, just glad I haven't had to use prisms for LP to keep up.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this game and placed top 10% in the first global event but it took way to much time to do that. With two other gacha games I'm playing right now it was just too much of a time investment for me to play it how I would have liked. :/

Oct 25, 2017
Darn I only got 30 for my Day 14 bonus.

But I can do another 11 shot once the event reward comes, at 150 prisms now.

Also screw Dream More Than Love, I get a full combo on hard and it doesnt even get me an S...yet for every other song in the playlist I can get an S even if I dont get a full combo weird.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Some stuff from KLab Games Station

0eZbQ6M.png

Selected Photo Shoot coming with increased rate on Tokiya, Ren, Syo, and Cecil

JC39Ikn.png

Details on the Valentine's event, think they said the presents only work on Valentine's Day on Japan Time so take note of that. Sad that LP Boosts don't have an effect :(.

cI6fhx4.png

Valentine's Login Bonus

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Special Dream Gem to drop and it was on the last event song so I had X3 Booster on. Got the Special Shot for Force Live Ranmaru!

7YWhcD0.png

Oct 25, 2017
Well Im sitting at 296 prisms...I dont know if I should just go ahead and do an 11 shot on the current Ranmaru banner or actually wait for it to refresh in 4 or so days, decisions.

--

Got him!
DVihVvEU0AAetFk.jpg:small

Last edited:
OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
WOW congrats on getting him, he's amazing!

The new event started, you get Stickers for giving idols presents and there's an SR Photo Ticket in exchange for 5 presents. Rewards for the last event have been sent to the present box as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Got my ur from the even. Had to use 20 prisms as I kept getting close to falling out of the 10% tier.

Bought the beginners 3.99 pack and 99 cent 30 prisms pack. Seemed like good deals.

Has anyone got a present to drop?

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was pretty crazy during the last few hours of the event, everyone kept ranking up and I got lower.

I haven't gotten a present to drop, only the mission present :(

Ren is the UR for the 2nd half of the Valentine's set. Masato, Tokiya, Reiji, and Ranmaru are the SRs.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
This event was bonkers. Even going hard the last night I couldn't get enough points for the reward UR like I did with Ren. I did at least place into the 10% tier. Was gonna try to scramble up to 5% but the Olympics skating event distracted me.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Got my UR Masato from the event. What a relief. Thought for sure I'd get bumped out of my ranking.

Also did a photoshoot last night trying to get that UR Valentine Natsuki. Got really excited when I saw that little rainbow star. Then even more excited when I saw it was Natsuki.
It was his Shining Super Star UR. Not that I'm complaining.

Oct 25, 2017
I do like that its still possible to get s rank even if you arent just using urs. I can use my hottest otoya syo and ranmarus and still s in hard.

Though using a team just of 3 urs and random srs with score notes and score bonuses is funny at the half way mark of a song and already being s rank.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
It's so great people are getting URs! Congrats!

I have proof that present drops do exist, I got this from playing NorthWind and SunShine on Pro.
9B2PFNM.png

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
So I'm currently unemployed and got sucked into this because I was bored. Gosh darn. Love Life already consumed my life for nearly a year, looks like I am in for a ride.

Immediately decided I like Natsuki, and got his Valentine's Ultra Rare with my second 11-pull (did 4 so far, half on the Valentine's, half on the Video Shoot banner, but he's my only Ultra Rare + the UR Natsuki from the free ticket).
Nice!

I have loads of questions:

1) When do I get login rewards? I thought they reset the same time as the weekly missions / daily songs?

2) Any tips on where to get the Premium materials? (I mean the gems.)

3) Should I focus on keeping a unit of the same type for the songs for attribute bonus, or focus on level / rarity / skill / something else?

4) There seems to be a small bonus for using the singers of the song for the song - how relevant is that? Seems super small, and my only URs are Natsuki...

5) Overall, what's the deal with those "Campaign" songs? There seem to be daily songs for gems - however, yesterday there were 3 songs (1 for each type), today it's only one. Is that a weekend thing?

6) Is there a bonus to leveling photos to max? (Love Life had that.)

7) Duplicate Rs -> merge or sell for medals? If I get a fully merges R (+4), can I merge another identical R when I get another and get the bonus gems again?

Any other tips for someone who played Love Life before appreciated! (As mentioned before, I don't have any money to spend on this. I usually always save for 11 pulls, but except from the lucky Natsuki UR, I only sit at 5 SR for now.)

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm currently unemployed and got sucked into this because I was bored. Gosh darn. Love Life already consumed my life for nearly a year, looks like I am in for a ride.

Immediately decided I like Natsuki, and got his Valentine's Ultra Rare with my second 11-pull (did 4 so far, half on the Valentine's, half on the Video Shoot banner, but he's my only Ultra Rare + the UR Natsuki from the free ticket).
Nice!

I have loads of questions:

1) When do I get login rewards? I thought they reset the same time as the weekly missions / daily songs?

2) Any tips on where to get the Premium materials? (I mean the gems.)

3) Should I focus on keeping a unit of the same type for the songs for attribute bonus, or focus on level / rarity / skill / something else?

4) There seems to be a small bonus for using the singers of the song for the song - how relevant is that? Seems super small, and my only URs are Natsuki...

5) Overall, what's the deal with those "Campaign" songs? There seem to be daily songs for gems - however, yesterday there were 3 songs (1 for each type), today it's only one. Is that a weekend thing?

6) Is there a bonus to leveling photos to max? (Love Life had that.)

7) Duplicate Rs -> merge or sell for medals? If I get a fully merges R (+4), can I merge another identical R when I get another and get the bonus gems again?

Any other tips for someone who played Love Life before appreciated! (As mentioned before, I don't have any money to spend on this. I usually always save for 11 pulls, but except from the lucky Natsuki UR, I only sit at 5 SR for now.)

Congrats on your Valentine's Natsuki!

1) Login resets at 11am PST daily

2) Premium is more likely to drop from harder difficulty songs, but still quite rare honestly :( You can also get them from the Medal Exchange but I wouldn't recommend that.

3) This game actually has multiple attributes that I actually haven't figured out how it works, I just depend on the bar to tell me what rank I can at least get. I'd definitely be in favor of higher rarity cards and score up skills like Cut In Bonus, Perfect Score, and I think the most effective Score Notes +.

4) It shouldn't matter too much right now when you don't have a lot of cards, URs are always helpful so I'd keep the Natsukis on all your teams.

5) They're updated every day so you might not see the same ones all the time.

6) You get 20 prisms for leveling a card to max. More difficult for higher rarity than N cards because you have to get them to Rank 4 to max their levels. They get higher stats.

7) Pretty sure you can only do it once.

Skill activation is actually a lot different than Love Live. Easy to Hard songs a random idol activates a skill each 40 combo while in Pro it is 50 combo. This game is also generous with its LP, it recharges every 3 minutes and you get a lot more than Love Live, can also refill it through LP login rewards/ad rewards rather than just spending Prisms. URs are actually tier rewards in events rather than just an SR so it's a lot better to play in events. Prism rewards are extremely generous I got 200 prisms from tiering in the last event, top 5% though I guess Love Live does have those Scouting Ticket rewards. Try to tap your idol every hour to get some bond experience.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I got a present drop in Hard on a random song, nice. I wanted at least one drop so I could get the SR ticket.

How often do events happen?

School event had its moments (I especially liked their names).. Kind of nice playing a mobile game with a not serious story and fun events, some other games are always on the teenagers save the world everything is going bad, so its different.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks a bunch for the replys!
Sad I am late on the Valentine's event, I guess Natsuki gets his present and I get a sticker out of it at least.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what happened to that Photo Shoot with increased rates on Tokiya, Ren, Syo, and Cecil

Apparently events are usually 2 times a month. It was odd that the last 2 events were so close to each other.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got another present drop, that's 3 from drops so far. Got another set of Special Red Gems and did the special shoot for the Shining Super Star Ai.

I think I'll just do 1 pull in the next set since Ranmaru is in it.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Did 1 11 shot on the Ren banner and got 1 SR, it was the Summer Natsuki. Tempted to do more just to get a rate up card.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I did another pull on that Music Video photo shoot, and didn't really see the star colours - was pretty surprised to find I got an UR (no SR), and first I thought it's Ranmaru from the banner, but it was his Shining Live UR.
My yellow team is looking great with two UR now, just need to level them up, ouf. Still only get to B-Rank on hard for yellow.

In other news, I had one present drop on a song in easy mode of all things. Will there still be quests today, or is that over? So annoying, I sit at 4 presents now, kinda wanna get the SR pull, kinda wanna get a Natsuki sticker. If another present drops and I sit at 5, I will despair over that decision.

Also, I started watching the Anime, and it's amazing. Holy Cow, so much fun. Natsuki is both the comic relief and the deeply psychotic tragic figure here. Plot is just bonkers, I really want to play the original game now.

Edit: Ah, actually, what is a rate up card?

Oct 25, 2017
I did another pull on that Music Video photo shoot, and didn't really see the star colours - was pretty surprised to find I got an UR (no SR), and first I thought it's Ranmaru from the banner, but it was his Shining Live UR.
My yellow team is looking great with two UR now, just need to level them up, ouf. Still only get to B-Rank on hard for yellow.

In other news, I had one present drop on a song in easy mode of all things. Will there still be quests today, or is that over? So annoying, I sit at 4 presents now, kinda wanna get the SR pull, kinda wanna get a Natsuki sticker. If another present drops and I sit at 5, I will despair over that decision.

Also, I started watching the Anime, and it's amazing. Holy Cow, so much fun. Natsuki is both the comic relief and the deeply psychotic tragic figure here. Plot is just bonkers, I really want to play the original game now.

Edit: Ah, actually, what is a rate up card?
There should still be a present today.

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The event timer tab where the present reward is shows 24 minutes till it resets for me.
I have heard from people that have played the main games that the anime plot is different from what the anime's plot is, and the main games are otome based with a defined heroine versus what Shining Live does.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017

The anime is really fun! I used to watch it a lot back when I originally got into it around 2013. I even own the Blurays of the first two seasons. I found it to be much more entertaining than other otome game adaptations. I got the original game remake for PSP back in the day and tried to slog through Natsuki's route with my basic Japanese. Tempted to find some of the Vita rereleases of the sequels so I can see more Camus.

Did some pulls this morning. First pull was a joke for all my hubris. Gd it Reiji....

EwwLbS5.jpg

Third pull and I was saved!! And I got a rare Camus SR I didn't already own yet (my true best guy). Now to save my remaining 350 gems for the next event.

mRNEm3A.jpg

Back when I used to watch the anime with friends we would call Ren "Saxual Harassment" and "Orange Manpain." Now he's my fav Starish member~ Being voiced by Suwabe helps.

2mUf3eM.jpg

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Yes, I was going to ask about that! Who's considered most popular, is it Ren?

I like his voice and his songs, but I'm no too hot on saxophone, so that's tough. I really like Natsuki's voice, especially when he sings with others in harmony.
I also really like Tokiya singing and his songs, he's definitely a good singer.
Masato as well.

Cecil, Otoya and Ranmaru, and to some extent Camus I can't really enjoy singing. Are people into that? Especially Cecil, jeez.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Haha, wow! My Haikyuu shrine pales in comparison.

He is a cutie pie, I just don't enjoy him as a singer.

Oct 25, 2017
Cecil, Otoya and Ranmaru, and to some extent Camus I can't really enjoy singing. Are people into that? Especially Cecil, jeez.

I used to feel the same way about Cecil until Code TVU finally came and I was like, omg Cecil sounds really good with Syo and Ren.

My favorite singing voices are Otoya, Tokiya, Ai, and Syo. (Tokiya = Mamoru Miyano and he does some my of favorite songs in other things too, Break It is still his best song ever, theres also Tokiya Ichinose's Independence which is another of my favorite songs by him hopefully it comes in the game sometime). Otoya (Takuma Terushima) also has some of my fav songs in other things too.

Ai Mikaze I also love because I love Aoi Shouta, such a good voice in his characters songs. Syo (Hiro Shimono) I also love his character voices in numerous anime, I will say I can see how people wouldnt like his voices in somethings, theres one UtaPri song from Syo that took a many many listens for it to finally grow on me, I cant his shouting sometimes.

I think all the random combos for UtaPri can help make even the less pleasing vocals for people turn out to be really enjoyable when their paired with others. (Syo and Ai are always a good combo, Ren to me, never has a bad combo). Ranmaru makes anyone hes with become really fun and enjoyable to listen to IMO.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I liked Otoya originally when I first saw the anime but then I heard all the shit his voice actor pulled and it made it really hard for me to like the characters he plays anymore. It's a bummer that I can't disassociate it.

Cecil is so funny. I love his other roles where Torumi is in growly bad man ASMR mode (like Zenos from FFXIV Stormblood) but I can't deal with his squeaky pitch for this character. I like Syo as a character but he is very not good at singing compared to a lot of the other guys. I think it's hilarious that Yuki Kaji voices his twin brother, who does not sing at all.