• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
201801231118_1.png

Price: F2P w/in-app purchases
Genre: Rhythm Game
Languages: English and Traditional Chinese
Developer: KLab Games
Official Site
App Store
Google Play

Tokyo, Japan – January 24, 2018 – KLab Inc., a leader in online mobile games, together with BROCCOLI Co., Ltd., released the smartphone rhythm game Utano☆Princesama Shining Live worldwide on Wednesday, January 24 (UTC+9). The game is now available for download in the App Store® and Google Play™ in over 136 countries and regions around the globe.* The global version of the game has been fully localized into English and Traditional Chinese
KLab PR

Launch Trailer

201801231118_2.png

201801231118_3.png

201801231118_4.png

ST☆RISH
Otoya Ittoki (Voice: Takuma Terashima)
Masato Hijirikawa (Voice: Kenichi Suzumura)
Natsuki Shinomiya (Voice: Kisho Taniyama)
Tokiya Ichinose (Voice: Mamoru Miyano)
Ren Jinguji (Voice: Junichi Suwabe)
Syo Kurusu (Voice: Hiro Shimono)
Cecil Aijima (Voice: Kohsuke Toriumi)

QUARTET NIGHT
Reiji Kotobuki (Voice: Showtaro Morikubo)
Ranmaru Kurosaki (Voice: Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
Ai Mikaze (Voice: Shouta Aoi)
Camus (Voice: Tomoaki Maeno)

Launch Campaign
UR Ticket for 1 Idol
300 Prism from pre registration campaign (enough for an 11 photo shoot)
300 bonus Prism from the Beginner Missions
15 Prism a day for 14 days

What's interesting about this game is that the gacha/event schedule is following the same schedule as the Japanese version of the game so you can't get past event cards but KLab have said they are considering a way

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I checked how many points it takes to get to the event UR and wow that's a long grind, guess a free UR should take some effort though

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Had to give up on a event mission because I couldn't beat the Pro version of a song. (Netsujou Serenade)
Guess I'll stick to Hard mode.

When does the game do the reset for logins?

Last edited:

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
When does the game do the reset for logins?[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering that also. I thought it would be at midnight but I guess not.

SoldnerKei

Oct 26, 2017
ii ne!

seriously I need to learn how to max my score, game is fun so far, but damn that storage size was something I didn't expect lol

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I've been wondering that also. I thought it would be at midnight but I guess not.
It just seems to give me another login after I turn it back on in a while.

ii ne!

seriously I need to learn how to max my score, game is fun so far, but damn that storage size was something I didn't expect lol
I'm still getting D rank at most on Hard songs.
Yeah I had to make room for the game and I'm doing the light download

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of getting a dupe UR already? was hoping for the Shining Super Star Ranmaru when I pulled this dupe :(
ynlvBU2.png

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
My only hope for the Ren UR is tiering (luckily the player pool is pretty small right now so I'm holding it up at 5% doing Normal auto plays while I'm working). It feels cheap but even my team can't get Ss consistently on Hard yet and it's been a busy weekend with Monster Hunter out.

This game is reviving my years old love of UtaPri. I should continue watching the anime where I left off (early season 3). It would be nice if someone brought the Vita version of the otome game out here too!

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
My only hope for the Ren UR is tiering (luckily the player pool is pretty small right now so I'm holding it up at 5% doing Normal auto plays while I'm working). It feels cheap but even my team can't get Ss consistently on Hard yet and it's been a busy weekend with Monster Hunter out.

This game is reviving my years old love of UtaPri. I should continue watching the anime where I left off (early season 3). It would be nice if someone brought the Vita version of the otome game out here too!
wow top 5%, how many event points do you have?
I'm at 21,146 points and rank 4806. I'm trying to see if I can make it to a UR tier with the LP saved in my present box.
I usually get C rank in the Hard mode songs.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
wow top 5%, how many event points do you have?
I'm at 21,146 points and rank 4806. I'm trying to see if I can make it to a UR tier with the LP saved in my present box.
I usually get C rank in the Hard mode songs.

I have clawed my way up to Top 4% now with 146320 points, and that was after an evening of 3 rounds playing on Hard (I am able to finally S rank the Hard songs if I get good combos).

I've been pretty liberal with using my gems for LP when I need it, and taking advantage of level ups and starter bonuses along with ad watches to power through on Normal songs. All day yesterday while I was playing Monster Hunter I also had my iPad next to me doing Normal tracks on auto (I play single bonus until the last song and then bump it to 3X, rinse repeat). It feels silly but at this point it's more about resource management (do I have enough gems to keep afloat or do I want to succumb to another pull?). I've been keeping up with the story quests as I get tickets so that's gotten me more gems to use on LP refills. I've also been blessed with a decent amount of SR pulls to help me along.

This event feels really weird in that busting my ass I am nowhere near the number of points needed to get the UR prize, so I need to tier. But even at my point level I'm listed as one of the top 600 players in the game. I hope with later events it'll even out a bit as we have stronger teams and more time to actually do some other things. I feel bad missing out on some of that daily exp songs, and I need some of those rare drop gems to evolve the art on a couple of my cards (the UR given requires 5 of the big ones, ouch).

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I have clawed my way up to Top 4% now with 146320 points, and that was after an evening of 3 rounds playing on Hard (I am able to finally S rank the Hard songs if I get good combos).

I've been pretty liberal with using my gems for LP when I need it, and taking advantage of level ups and starter bonuses along with ad watches to power through on Normal songs. All day yesterday while I was playing Monster Hunter I also had my iPad next to me doing Normal tracks on auto (I play single bonus until the last song and then bump it to 3X, rinse repeat). It feels silly but at this point it's more about resource management (do I have enough gems to keep afloat or do I want to succumb to another pull?). I've been keeping up with the story quests as I get tickets so that's gotten me more gems to use on LP refills. I've also been blessed with a decent amount of SR pulls to help me along.

This event feels really weird in that busting my ass I am nowhere near the number of points needed to get the UR prize, so I need to tier. But even at my point level I'm listed as one of the top 600 players in the game. I hope with later events it'll even out a bit as we have stronger teams and more time to actually do some other things. I feel bad missing out on some of that daily exp songs, and I need some of those rare drop gems to evolve the art on a couple of my cards (the UR given requires 5 of the big ones, ouch).
Whoa that's a lot more points than me, think I'm just going to give up on getting the UR.
Congrats on staying in the UR tier! Even better that you were able to maintain it without playing the game too much.
Yeah it's insane how many points you actually need to get a UR through just the event rewards, weird that it's just easier to get one through ranking.

Can't wait for the event to be over so I can focus on the rare drop gems, my Ranmaru UR is stuck at 50% because I ran out of the rare gems. :(

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
Whoa that's a lot more points than me, think I'm just going to give up on getting the UR.
Congrats on staying in the UR tier! Even better that you were able to maintain it without playing the game too much.
Yeah it's insane how many points you actually need to get a UR through just the event rewards, weird that it's just easier to get one through ranking.

Can't wait for the event to be over so I can focus on the rare drop gems, my Ranmaru UR is stuck at 50% because I ran out of the rare gems. :(

Yeah those rare gems are hard to get! I see them drop sometimes from the event but it's super rare. And never the ones I need (need 4 more moons to uncap my Camus UR).

I normally wouldn't go too hard for events but I do like this game and I do really like Ren, and I was in a position to get started on it early since I got the game right when it came out. Using Auto mode would be a lot more prohibitive if we weren't getting so many level up bonus LP from the early levels and the player pool competing was any bigger.

I also used to never use resources to fill energy but my last few months of playing Love Nikki taught me that it's necessary for limited events (you have to think about it like do I want to spend these 300 gems on a randomized pull or do I want to put it towards something I can control a bit better?).

Esfolia

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Was going to download this, thanks for the reminder op
Never played or watched utapri. That blond boy in pink is so cute.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
1JBzNbh.png

Valentine's Photo Shoot announced with Natsuki as the UR for the first half
SRs are Otoya, Syo, Cecil, Ai, and Camus

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been playing this all the time, so close to ranking to get the SR Syo. But I can only play on Normal, hard is so hard (though I need to play around with the speed settings, maybe its easier if its slower or faster than default)?

Still dont know if Normal is the most efficient (with the x3 boost?).

Mad, Tokiya is supposed to be Otoya's bf, stop cheating with Shinomiya!
DUtZe63U0AAz5du.jpg

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The feeling I get when I full combo a song on the first try is so dang good. Though I am still on easy mode.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Made it to the top 15% or so, I just wanted the Syo Kurusu. Now to hold this position.

Glad I could get this far just with doing normal alone, next event, Id definitely start a bit earlier and play more often to get the SRs and URs based on points potentially.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
The feeling I get when I full combo a song on the first try is so dang good. Though I am still on easy mode.
And then you find out there are Ultimate Combos in this game, getting a Good just got worse.

Made it to the top 15% or so, I just wanted the Syo Kurusu. Now to hold this position.

Glad I could get this far just with doing normal alone, next event, Id definitely start a bit earlier and play more often to get the SRs and URs based on points potentially.
Wow congrats on making it to the SR tier, I'm just under it but I'm going to save my LP in case the next event interests me more.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I should be able to maintain my position in these three hours, Im struggling to not use a single prism for LP!!!!

Its my first game of this type, are we supposed to use prisms for LP. I just thought I should be saving it for doing another multi shot draw.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I think I should be able to maintain my position in these three hours, Im struggling to not use a single prism for LP!!!!

Its my first game of this type, are we supposed to use prisms for LP. I just thought I should be saving it for doing another multi shot draw.
I'm pretty sure people use their prism equivalent for LP in other games of this type to tier in events.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017

Love Nikki taught me quickly that gems usually used for store purchases and gacha pulls are absolutely necessary for certain events, especially to make up for times when you can't play. A lot of other games have separate energy items they reward (Fate/Grand Order has apples that a lot of people horde until a big payout event comes along, Granblue Fantasy is very liberal with their elixirs I could never run out of the amount I've accumulated) but some games rely solely on resource management, one of those resources being shared with your gacha pulls.

If you think of it this way, is the amount of gems I need to spend worth getting this guaranteed UR, versus a chance at one in the gacha? I was very liberal with mine at the end because I was close to reaching the goal, had some free time, knew I would be getting a payout back at the end to make up for some of it, and already had some good pulls prior meaning I needed to pull less (4 SRs in one pull was insanely lucky). I had also bought one of the starter packs because I'm a mobile game developer and I have lost any inhibitions about spending money on games I enjoy from doing it a lot these past two years, so that was an extra boost to my pool of resources.

I managed to hold steady at 3% after rallying for a few hours last night on Hard mode to earn the 220000 points to get the non-tiered UR card reward as well. I was getting so sloppy and eyestrainy by the end. The next event starts on 2/2 and I want to die already. Misato isn't my absolute fav but I do have a soft spot for him.... SR Shinomiya, definitely getting him.

Oh I do need some stronger friends for my list, anyone want to pair up??

9A0t2EP.png

Last edited:

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
Anyone get any good Valentine's pulls? Valentine's Camus came home, bless him. And in my second pull I had a UR but it was a surprise Cecil in that brown uniform. Dammit Cecil!

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually saving my prisms since Ranmaru is probably in the 2nd half and I need more cards of him or Ai will take over as my most used performer.

Congrats on your pulls!

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I'm actually saving my prisms since Ranmaru is probably in the 2nd half and I need more cards of him or Ai will take over as my most used performer.

Congrats on your pulls!

Thank you! And good luck on your Ranmaru. I saw that he is apparently going to be featured as a UR next as well for a "Photoshoot" banner: https://twitter.com/shininglivenews/status/958656189759393792 Ranmaru has been growing on me as well. I like how he gives Camus shit constantly. Good boy.

I've always been lukewarm on Ai but dang some of his cards are really cute. I think his vibrant hair works well in the Live2D art.

Since I got Camus I'm just going to do one more pull tomorrow for my studio demonstration (at our weekly team meetings people get up and demonstrate other games their playing—I've shown off Granblue Fantasy and Love Nikki in the past) I'll just save any more for future banners that appeal to me and have a nice horde for events.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! And good luck on your Ranmaru. I saw that he is apparently going to be featured as a UR next as well for a "Photoshoot" banner: https://twitter.com/shininglivenews/status/958656189759393792 Ranmaru has been growing on me as well. I like how he gives Camus shit constantly. Good boy.

I've always been lukewarm on Ai but dang some of his cards are really cute. I think his vibrant hair works well in the Live2D art.

Since I got Camus I'm just going to do one more pull tomorrow for my studio demonstration (at our weekly team meetings people get up and demonstrate other games their playing—I've shown off Granblue Fantasy and Love Nikki in the past) I'll just save any more for future banners that appeal to me and have a nice horde for events.
Ahhhh! If I don't get him I'll seriously consider rerolling if the 300 prism thing is still going on
Thank you for letting me know

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
V2gzDQd.png

vqBe1oz.png

Only had to do 1 multi, I'm so happy I don't have to reroll my account now. :D

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
Ohhhhh ya boi! He came!! That's so nice. I just did his Shining Kingdom story and it's so cute Ranmaru is such a dork. And he gives Camus so much shit, he's delightful.

So I got the UR ticket and it gave me a duplicate of the Shining Super Star Cecil I already pulled from the Valentine's banner a day prior..... My hubris lays me low. But at least Special Lessoning him gave me enough of those rare gems to evolve him easily. All most my other URs and SRs are stalled till I get more of the moon ones in particular....

I did two pulls on the new banner and got the the new Otoya and Ai! Also a UR showed up!!! It was Shining Super Star Otoya. I'm gonna keep getting lucky with URs but it'll never be the actual banner focus ones lol.

Now I'm going to save my prisms for getting the event UR and hopefully a future Camus banner.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finally pulled an UR apart from the free one we all got. It was the Valentines Natsuki!

Now to try to tier at ~10%. I can get S scores on hard now at least so that makes it easier.

Oct 25, 2017
i was going to try to step up to do Hard for this event, but the songs in the play list...uhm they are kind of fast paced and filled with so many notes on normal.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I tried the first song of this set list on Pro. That was a big mistake. Way too many notes for me to keep up right now at my skill level. It's weird though, I'm getting full combos almost every time on Hard, but Pro seems like a big step up.

Oh well, I can't get S ranks on Pro score wise anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Im finally able to do Hard, but I keep getting B's and some A's, feels like my score/rank does better on this rank than normal, though I hate waiting for stamina to refill as it feels like it takes so long to get 60 (but it did feel the same length for normal too even if its 45). Pretty solid in the Top 20% rank, hopefully i can get to the next tier and stay there so I can at least get one more UR.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just sticking to Hard because I can consistently get S score on it and I sometimes struggle to complete the full combo mission because of 1 Bad :(

3 of my cards are stuck at 84% in Moments because of the Special Gems, they're so rare!
Feel free to add me as friends if you want, here's my ID: 283 075 370

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just sticking to Hard because I can consistently get S score on it and I sometimes struggle to complete the full combo mission because of 1 Bad :(

3 of my cards are stuck at 84% in Moments because of the Special Gems, they're so rare!
Yeah, where do we get those Super Special Gems from?!

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Check if you have any photos with the skill that converts "Bad" to "Good"! I have a summer Camus (<3) with that skill and it's amazing. You won't get the ultimate combo or whatever it is, but you get the full combo for the mission.

My friend code is 832 567 022 for anyone needing friends.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, where do we get those Super Special Gems from?!
The Help section just says to play songs that is the same attribute of the gems and that playing on harder difficulties makes them more likely to drop.
Also mentions that the Special Gems can also be gotten from special lessoning URs and the Medal Shop. They even have packs to buy with real money so I guess they're difficult to get on purpose. I did see a Blue Special Gem as a point reward in the event right now as well.
Check if you have any photos with the skill that converts "Bad" to "Good"! I have a summer Camus (<3) with that skill and it's amazing. You won't get the ultimate combo or whatever it is, but you get the full combo for the mission.

My friend code is 832 567 022 for anyone needing friends.
I only have R cards with that skill unfortunately :(
I'll just have to play better or hope that the game doesn't give me the Full Combo missions, I wonder if Giving Up on the first song if it does give me the mission does anything to my event points.
Added you!