• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
jeez those graphics are good for the type of game this is

shame about Agony, i remember thinking it looked good but then stopped following it's development

May 17, 2019
When the gaming audience is so starved for good horror games that they bought Agony (I will always love you Pathologic 2). Seriously though, were there any good horror games in recent years, lets say 2015-2018 (don't you dare say Resident Evil 2).

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
What's happening with Paranoid?
When the gaming audience is so starved for good horror games that they bought Agony (I will always love you Pathologic 2). Seriously though, were there any good horror games in recent years, lets say 2015-2018 (don't you dare say Resident Evil 2).
Lots. Including:
Anatomy
Detention
Devotion
Paratopic
Stories Untold
Observation
Outlast 2

And if we stretch into action turf:
Doom '16
Dusk
Devil Daggers
Hellblade

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Evil Within 2

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Evil Within 2 is easily in my top favorite gaming experiences ever

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Resident Evil 2.

It's LEAGUES better then Euro Jank 101. Which is a pretty good horror game.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyway, alot of people brought Agony for the fact the earlier gameplay trailers looked very good. And the Christian Hell is an utterly fascinating concept to explore in a horror game as a setting.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I wish agony was actually good. a good game about surviving a hell would have been cool.

edit: wtf is up with those animations though

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, what makes Agony so bad? I don't know anything about it, but I see it brought up a lot.
The animations are awful, there's no cogent narrative tying anything together leading to everything just being "weird generic monster chases you down a red hallway", the gameplay itself is terrible stilted and janky. They made a horror game literally set in hell and nothing about it makes use of that setting, it could be any other generic "horror" setting and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The lack of story just punctuates how much of an afterthought the actual setting was. And just dozens of technical problems.

Also it's INCREDIBLY sexist.

The opening cinematic is the only decent part about the game:

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, were there any good horror games in recent years, lets say 2015-2018 (don't you dare say Resident Evil 2).

You want horror suggestions... but you don't want people to suggest one of the best horror games ever made? Strange...

So, beyond Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 7 was also excellent (especially the first half if you are a horror fan). In VR it is among one of the most effective horror games I have ever played. The Evil Within games are also both really good. The first is divisive, and I can see why, but I personally loved how focused on destabilizing the player it was. It felt ambitious and experimental.For the schlocky horror fan, Until Dawn is an absolute fucking banger. It is also a great party game (if you have other friends who love schlocky horror, at least). Beyond that, as janky and broken as it often was (not to mention ugly), Friday the 13th is actually a pretty fantastic experience. It is genuinely exhilarating. Bloodborne also has some heavy, heavy horror themeing. Not to mention the fact that it plays on that sensation of helplessness that is so strongly tethered to the horror genre. Lastly, Layers of Fear, while short, is a great horror experience (and does a lot of fun things with destabilizing the player).

Honestly, I think this may be one of the best generations for horror fans.

Last edited:

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Observer, Soma, Outlast 2, Layers of Fear, Little Nightmares, Detention, and a few more. This gen is pretty great for indie horror games.