• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Sony use this as the final design?

• Yes, it is amazing

Votes: 125 8.3%
  • Absolutely, what a masterpiece

Votes: 213 14.1%
  • Needs more Cerny

Votes: 535 35.5%
  • RIP PS5

Votes: 633 42.0%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
https://nl.letsgodigital.org/uploads/2019/08/sony-interactive-entertainment.pdf

nieuwe-console.jpg

Is it time for the OG Xbox to be unseated? Sure, this is likely the design for the dev kit, but doesn't gaming deserve a great design like this in the final product?

Is it practical? Will it fit in your media center? How big will it be? Who cares.

Feel free to post about how great this design is.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
That's a very interesting cooling architecture. Most likely not indicative of the final design, but it looks like they're putting an emphasis on airflow and cooling

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The only way it makes sense to me aesthetically is if its upside down in the picture.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a projector. Arent dev kits usually super plain? Maybe you are referring to prototypes?

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Can we get a poll that makes sense?

There's no way that's the final design but the final box will need some water cooling solution to stop it from combusting

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
That looks like something alienware shit out. That's def not anywhere near the final design. Cerny wouldn't resort to that after the beauty we know as the PS4

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
It looks like the love child of an air conditioner and a motorcycle engine.

Danlord

Oct 29, 2017
The amount of LEDs on the front panel and the amount of USB's also makes me believe it's the devkit, especially in that 2nd picture that the Tweet has a few posts above me..

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to have good airflow and the overall layout is cool, but the actual design... Eurgh...