• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Depends on what you like. I'm sure I'd love parts of Hawaii away from the tourists and beaches. I absolutely loved New Zealand when my wife and I did a three week road trip across the country for our honeymoon, especially the south island. The swiss alps were also very beautiful.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
If you enjoy Hawaii you might also like the Yaeyama islands in Okinawa. Particularly, Ishigaki, Taketomi, Iriomote all have some stunning places.

You can fly direct to Ishigaki from Tokyo in just around 3 hours, and hotels are very reasonable compared to Hawaii.
images

image.jpg
images

I went twice in the last two years.
If you're in Europe then I'd recommend combining it with a trip to mainland Japan.

Last edited:

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora are nicer if only because they're more private.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I went to Bermuda last year. The water was clear and warm. It has pink sand beaches. We went cliff jumping and spent hours in the water every day. It's the first time I actually swam out far off a beach because my brother in law assured me the Northside of the island didn't have sharks. Also it's much closer than Hawaii.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
I suppose it depends on what you are looking for, but my top 3 (granted, I've mostly travelled in Europe) are clearly Norway, Scotland and Corsica.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Part of Hawai'i being so gorgeous is that you don't generally get to see massive lava fields and beautiful tropics and above-clouds massive mountains with perfect night skies all in one relatively small island.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
South east Asia has a lot of pretty islands. I liked them much better than Hawaii too. Honolulu just felt like any other US city with nice beaches.

South East islands felt a lot more laid back and 'tropical' by comparison

chaostrophy

Oct 27, 2017
Isle Royale National Park:

Isle+Royale+National+Park+-+010.jpg

It's not easy to get to but once you're there it's wonderful. Beautiful and peaceful.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
Keeping an eye on this thread because my fiancee and I are planning to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon. The islands look beautiful, but also seems to be very expensive (food, accommodation, etc.).

Depending when you're coming from and how long you're planning on staying it's really not too terrible! We love Kauai and have gone probably 3 or 4 times, most of those trips we stayed well under $3k for everything. Still a lot of money, but not as high as people think.

I live in California and hate being stuck on a plane, so Hawaii is really the easiest destination.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Waimea Canyon and the Nā Pali Coast on Kauai are both ridiculously gorgeous. The aerial shots of Jurassic Park were done there.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Hawaii is good as long as you do your homework. They've been hosting tourists for many decades, so if a resort hasn't been doing regular renovations it can be a real dump.