• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Keyart_16x9_with_logo.jpg

Developed by Soleil Ltd., VALKYRIE ELYSIUM draws on the richness of Norse mythology to present an original story set in a world on the brink of destruction, full of danger and fast-paced action combat.
VALKYRIE ELYSIUM calls on its roots with music from series regular Motoi Sakuraba while driving the series forward in a fresh, new direction with classic combat mechanics, such as finishing moves and combo systems, reimagined for an action-RPG. The game also features character designs by Yuya Nagai of CyDesignation, Inc.
VELYSIUM_SS03-9zas0dgov.jpeg

VELYSIUM_SS02-6n9jrjs9x.jpeg

VELYSIUM_SS05-hpqavnjzg.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
IT'S REALLLLLLLLLLLLL
So glad this isn't a gacha like we thought 😭

Seems really rough around the edges but an actual new installment in the series is wild, cautiously optimistic

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This looks shit in so many fucking ways. Thanks for murdering Valkyrie Profile again, Square.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i'm like, happy that the franchise isn't dead but this looks dreadful

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The combat looks stale and button mashy, but I will remain optimistic. Is this by Tri-Ace?

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Would be more excited if it said 2023 tbh, feels like it should be a year off and could turn into a pretty good game

I'm expecting a delay

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks bad,

VP is know for it's combat and this is just.

Oct 31, 2017
Character models seemed great but the gameplay looked pretty generic. If there ends up being party members, though, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Mar 11, 2020
I was so damn excited until i saw combat. I dont know how i feel. I mean yay for more in this world but its not what i wanted...

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Valkyrie Profile with mediocre graphics and a more generic combat system?

Idk...

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They turned VP into a 3rd person action slasher?? Doesn't look great either...

double_heist

Nov 19, 2019
Don't care you haters, I'm excited to see Valkyrie Elysium. Can't believe we're getting a Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile game this year.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I like the look they are going for, at least. The gameplay seemed a bit simple and rough... it reminds me of the original Nier.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Goddamnit, a new Valkyrie game and it looks like they turned it into another samey-looking action RPG. Part of what made the VP series so good was its interesting 2D environmental navigation/platforming, and its uniquie turn-based/timing-based battle system.