• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
LogoVersion_Beta_Key_Art_VALORANT.0.jpg

What is Valorant?

Valorant is a 5v5 character-based tactical shooter from Riot Games, the developers behind League of Legends. Those who have played Counter-Strike will be intimately familiar with the gunplay and style of this game. Matches are round based with everyone only having one life per round. Between rounds you will be able to buy weapons, armor, and abilities with money you've earned from kills and objective play.

Each Agent will have 4 abilities with two of them needing to be bought. Unlike other character shooters, gunplay is at the heart of this game. Abilities take time to cast and with the fast TTK, misplays will cost you. You need to be smart when using your abilities.

How much does Valorant cost?

Valorant will be completely free to play at release. There will be microtransactions where players can buy Valorant points to purchase cosmetic items.

Valorant points will be available to purchase during this closed beta. You will get all these points back come launch with a bonus 20% as a thank you. So if you purchase 10,000 points during this beta, you'll get an extra 2000 at release.

What are the technical features?

Riot is putting a lot of work into the technical side of the game. This includes having 128 tick servers, at least 30 FPS on even decade old hardware, a robust netcode, and global datacenters aimed at giving players in major cities under 35ms latency.

Riot has also committed to an aggressive anti-cheat system. The game will have an in-engine "fog of war" to prevent wallhacks, server-side game settings so players cannot enable things like speed hacks client side, and two types of cheater detection. Matches where a cheater is detected will automatically end with no penalty to the other players.

What specs do I need to run Valorant?

Minimum Spec- 30 FPS

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
  • GPU: Intel HD 3000
Recommended Spec- 60 FPS
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-4150
  • CPU: Geforce GT 730
High-end Spec- 144+ FPS
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
  • GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
When is the closed beta?

The closed beta starts April 7 on PC at 2pm CET/6am PST.

What are the supported regions?

The closed beta will support US, Canada, Europe, Turkey, Russia, and CIS countries.

How do I get into the closed beta?

To get into the closed beta, follow these steps:

1. Register for a Riot account
  2. Link your Riot account to a Twitch account (you can get one here)
  3. When closed beta activates in your region (EU and NA for now), watch specific VALORANT closed beta streams highlighted on Twitch.
Drops will be available April 3 and then again beginning April 7. There will be no drops April 4-6.

List of streamers who will have drops enabled on Friday. Streams start at 10 am PST. These will be prerecorded streams.

You can also register for beta access here, and hopefully be selected to participate. Riot has said they want to get in as many people as the servers will allow.

How long will the closed beta last?

Riot has not given a specific date on when the closed beta will end but they have said they want to keep it short.

Will consoles get a closed beta?

Riot has not said what their beta plans are for consoles. It is also currently unknown if Valorant will launch on consoles.

Agents and abilities

ESxBDKhWsAUnIkN.jpg

SAGE

Sage creates safety for herself and her team wherever she goes. Able to revive fallen friends and stave off forceful assaults, she provides a calm center to a hellish battlefield.

Slow Orb - Cast out a radianite orb that breaks into a slowing field upon impact with the ground. All caught in the field are slowed, grounded, and make noise when moving.

Barrier Orb - Conjure a large, solid wall. Right-click to rotate the wall before casting.

Signature Ability: Healing Orb - Heal an ally or yourself to full health over a few seconds.

Ultimate: Resurrection- Target a friendly corpse. After a short delay, revive them with full health.

SOVA

Sova tracks, finds, and eliminates enemies with ruthless efficiency and precision. His custom bow and incredible scouting abilities ensure that even if you run, you cannot hide.

Shock Bolt - Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy upon impact.

Owl Drone - Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will Reveal enemies who are hit.

Signature Ability: Recon Bolt - Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.

Ultimate: Hunter's Fury - Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked.

PHOENIX

Phoenix's star power shines through in his fighting style, igniting the battlefield with flash and flare. Whether he's got backup or not, he's rushing in to fight on his own terms.

Hot Hands - Throw a fireball that explodes after a delay or upon impact with the ground. The fire zone damages enemies and heals you.

Blaze - Cast out a flame wall that blocks vision and damages anyone passing through it. You can bend the wall when casting by turning while holding left click.

Signature Ability: Curveball- Cast a curving flare that bursts into brilliant light after a brief delay, temporarily blinding all looking at it. Left click curves it left, right click curves it right.

Ultimate Ability: Run it Back - Mark your current location. If you die during this ability's duration, or when this ability's duration expires, you'll be reborn at the marked location with full health.

JETT

Jett's agile and evasive fighting style lets her take risks no one else can. She runs circles around every skirmish, cutting enemies up before they even know what hit them.

Cloudburst - Throw out a cloud of fog that obscures vision on impact. Hold down the ability button to bend the cloud's in-flight trajectory.

Updraft - After a brief wind up, propel yourself upwards.

Signature Ability: Tailwind - Immediately dash a short distance in the direction you're moving.

Ultimate: Blade Storm - Arm yourself with several deadly throwing knives that deal moderate damage and kill on headshots. Scoring a kill restores all daggers. Left click throws a single dagger. Right click throws all remaining daggers in a short-ranged burst.

VIPER

Viper deploys an array of poisonous chemical devices to control the battlefield and cripple the enemy's vision. If the toxins don't kill her prey, her mind games surely will.

Snakebite - Fire a projectile that explodes into a pool of damaging acid.

Poison Cloud - Throw a gas emitter that you can reactivate to create a poisonous smoke cloud at the cost of fuel. The emitter can be picked up and thrown again after a short cooldown.

Signature Ability: Toxic Screen - Deploy a long line of gas emitters that you can reactivate to create a tall wall of toxic gas at the cost of fuel.

Ultimate: Viper's Pit - Emit a massive toxic cloud in a large area that lasts as long as Viper stays inside the cloud. Enemies inside the cloud are highlighted to Viper.

CYPHER

Cypher is a one-man surveillance network who keeps tabs on the enemy's every move. No secret is safe. No maneuver goes unseen. Cypher is always watching.

Trapwire - Place a stealthed tripwire between two walls. Triggering enemies are restrained and revealed for a short time. If the trap is not destroyed, it activates to daze the trapped victim. Can be picked up.

Cyber Cage - Toss out a remote activation trap. Reactivate to create a cage that slows enemies who pass through it. Look at a trap and press USE to detonate it, or hold ACTIVATE to detonate all.

Signature Ability: Spycam - Place a remote camera. After placing, reactivate to view the video feed. Left click while in camera to fire a tracking dart. Recharges when picked up or killed.

Ultimate: Neural Theft- Extract information from the corpse of an enemy, revealing the location of their living allies.

BRIMSTONE

Brimstone's orbital arsenal ensures his squad always has the advantage. His ability to deliver utility precisely and safely make him the unmatched boots-on-the-ground commander.

Incindiary - Launch an incendiary grenade that deploys a damaging field of fire.

Stim Beacon - Target a nearby location to call in a Stim Beacon, giving all players near it Rapidfire.

Signature Ability: Sky Smoke - Use your map to call in orbital deployment smokescreens that obscure vision. Click to set the locations, and confirm to launch.

Ultimate: Orbital Strike - Use your map to target a location, launching a devastating orbital strike that pulses for high damage over several seconds.

OMEN

Omen hunts in the shadows. He renders enemies blind, teleports across the field, then lets paranoia take hold as foes scramble to uncover where it might strike next.

Paranoia - Send out an Ethereal shadow in a straight line, Nearsighting anyone it touches.

Shadow Walk - After a delay, dematerialize and teleport a short distance.

Signature Ability: Dark Cover - Cast out a stealthed ethereal orb that bursts into an obscuring sphere of shadow at its final location. Can be charged to increase distance.

Ultimate: From the Shadows - Select anywhere on the map to teleport and reform. When arriving, appear as a Shade, that will go back to your original location if killed. Once the teleport is complete, become Incorporeal for a short time.

Images
MsHTeL6UUzcmmvFDuDSRwC.jpg

valorant-gameplay.jpg

valoriantscrtr.69685134624.original.jpg

valorant_buy.jpg

Discord
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to watch some esports for this game down the road.

For playing it, I'm mixed. I prefer to watch CS:GO than play it, but I still occasionally mess with Overwatch. I'll give it a try to see how it feels.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Really excited to play this, everything is looking great! A great dev like Riot doing their version of CSGO with heroes and abilities is just awesome on so many levels!

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
Theres a Twitch Rivals event happening tonight too for those interested. A lot of the higher up Twitch streams right now weren't even in the alpha boot camp and won't have drops enabled. A good reliable source of info is 'ONSCREEN'. I'll be using watching him for a drop (hopefully ;) ).

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
So how do game drops work on twitch? It's my first time trying to do something like this and I have no idea what to expect

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Would it make a difference to have a bunch of streams open at once? Or does the window have to be in focus?

Rumble

Oct 25, 2017
Hamilton, Ontario
Can't wait for this. Even if I don't get in the beta, there's about to be a whole ton of content dropped to watch today. Although obviously I really hope I get beta access :)

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Interested to watch it that's for sure.
Certainly not playing it unfortunately for me

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Era's lack of interest bodes well for the game's quality 🤭

Not long now. I think it will be almost impossible to get a drop today but I'm still excited for all the hours of pre-recorded footage from streamers that will come out.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really wanting to give this a spin and desperately hoping it eventually makes its way to consoles eventually.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been this excited for a game in a while.

Been waiting for a new shooter IP to be my main until OW2 comes out

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Will give it shot once released. Don't have a 144hz monitor at the moment so not in a rush for closed beta

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have to watch streamers from your specific region or does that not matter at all?

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Not long now. I think it will be almost impossible to get a drop today but I'm still excited for all the hours of pre-recorded footage from streamers that will come out.

So few people on this site like or play CS :( Not sure why.. I think it maybe comes off as unapproachable. Hopefully this game brings more fans to the genre.

Oct 25, 2017

Era has a strong bias towards single-player console games. Anything e-sports related gets ignored here big time aside from maybe Overwatch.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really interested to see these streams. This game has the potential to be huge being as CS doesn't really have much competition and with Riot behind it. They really need to get all of their games behind one, unified launcher. I'm sure more LoL people would try the game if it was just sitting there ready to install.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Era has a strong bias towards single-player console games. Anything e-sports related gets ignored here big time aside from maybe Overwatch.
Although Overwatch isn't single player, it is also on consoles so that could be why. I play regularly on my PS4 Pro and post on the threads.

I do intend to check the streams out but I just can't play shooters on PC because I suck at KB + M. I can't see this game ever coming to consoles either tbh so... Yeah.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Although Overwatch isn't single player, it is also on consoles so that could be why. I play regularly on my PS4 Pro and post on the threads.

I do intend to check the streams out but I just can't play shooters on PC because I suck at KB + M. I can't see this game ever coming to consoles either tbh so... Yeah.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't make its way to console. Riot seems like they're starting to branch out from PC more, League of Legends: Wild Rift is gonna be on consoles iirc.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely interested in trying this game out. Having Volcano with the map design makes this extremely interesting as well as how technical Riot's been about netcode and anticheat.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
Breach
Aftershock – Equip a fusion charge. FIRE the charge to set a slow-acting burst through the wall. The burst does heavy damage to anyone caught in this area

Flashpoint – Equip a blinding charge. Fire the charge to set a fast-acting burst through the wall. The charge detonates to blind all players looking at it

Fault Line – Equip a seismic blast. HOLD FIRE to increase the distance. RELEASE to set off the quake, dazing all players in this zone and in a line up to the zone.

Rolling Thunder – EQUIP a Seismic Charge. FIRE to send a cascading quake through all terrain in a large cone. The quake dazes and knocks up anyone caught in it.
From a video that was put up early

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So how do game drops work on twitch? It's my first time trying to do something like this and I have no idea what to expect
You link your Twitch account with your Riot account and then watch the streams. You will a message in Twitch if you receive a drop.
Thanks for the OT! :) Is watching streams for beta-access already live?
Nope. 10 am PST is when everyone drops their pre-recorded streams.
Do you have to watch streamers from your specific region or does that not matter at all?
I don't believe it matters but I don't know for sure.
do drops work on console? iOS?
They should work. Only your Twitch account matters, not the device it's on.
Do you have an official source? I was planning on watching on both mobile and the PC to increas chances.
I don't have an official source for this game but that's how it's worked for other drop events like Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Elder Scrolls Online.

Oct 25, 2017
How did drops work before with Riot games?

Is it better to watch a streamer with less viewers or are the drops twitch wide and it doesn't really matter which streamer you watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.