• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Tried mine out today, works much better than I expected, I can see myself using this.
Not like it works that great for a every genre, but I didn't expect the Touchpad to work so great.
Love the Trackball mode and haptic feedback, and that gyro actiavtion when you put you thumb on the touchpad that many profiles use.

Oct 26, 2017
I got it today. It's kinda fancy but kinda weird. It will take some time to get used to. I agree with the person who said they should have made official configs for games. I just grab a random community config and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Was worried about my order, showed up today however! Liking what I'm seeing thus far.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I may never actually use this for games but as it stands right now it's pretty good at controlling my pc when i wanna sit on the couch and stream a movie to my tv lol

Dec 12, 2019
Hello! I am able to post finally after registering just for this thread a friend linked me so I could share my experience.

I ordered on November 27th x1 Steam Controller since I have always wanted one but never bought it. I managed to get one shipped and due to the holidays I thought it would take a long time to arrive, but Fedex said it was delivered on December 3rd, but I hadn't looked or found out about my tracker until December 8th. I called Fedex and asked my landlord and posted notes for my neighbors asking if anyone had seen a package on Tuesday Dec 3rd and no one had seen anything. It was delivered at 10:00am in the morning too, which is strange, so at first I thought it was delivered to the wrong address.

I'm now thinking that it was stolen by a local thief hearing about other people missing packages in the neighborhood using the Ring app.

I'm currently in communications with Steam Support to see what can be done. Best case scenario they send me another controller or I can buy one at the same discounted price + shipping to replace my stolen package, but that's just wishful thinking. I'm assuming they'll just give me a refund (which sucks because I've always wanted one of these controllers and when I finally have a chance to order one for cheap, it's stolen!).

I'm hoping maybe a friend or someone who bought a $5 steam controller that won't really use it might sell me theirs for a little extra money or someone who bought a spare but so far I've had no luck.

Thank you for letting me join the forum!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Hello! I am able to post finally after registering just for this thread a friend linked me so I could share my experience.

I ordered on November 27th x1 Steam Controller since I have always wanted one but never bought it. I managed to get one shipped and due to the holidays I thought it would take a long time to arrive, but Fedex said it was delivered on December 3rd, but I hadn't looked or found out about my tracker until December 8th. I called Fedex and asked my landlord and posted notes for my neighbors asking if anyone had seen a package on Tuesday Dec 3rd and no one had seen anything. It was delivered at 10:00am in the morning too, which is strange, so at first I thought it was delivered to the wrong address.

I'm now thinking that it was stolen by a local thief hearing about other people missing packages in the neighborhood using the Ring app.

I'm currently in communications with Steam Support to see what can be done. Best case scenario they send me another controller or I can buy one at the same discounted price + shipping to replace my stolen package, but that's just wishful thinking. I'm assuming they'll just give me a refund (which sucks because I've always wanted one of these controllers and when I finally have a chance to order one for cheap, it's stolen!).

I'm hoping maybe a friend or someone who bought a $5 steam controller that won't really use it might sell me theirs for a little extra money or someone who bought a spare but so far I've had no luck.

Thank you for letting me join the forum!
Welcome to ERA!

That totally sucks you got jacked by a porch thief. I just saw some video on CNN about it yesterday and everytime I'm reminded of it, it just makes me so angry.

Hope you find one, but I imagine at this point whoever ordered one really wanted it like you did. I guess someone who got one might end up really not liking it (I don't think that's too uncommon of a reaction). Either way, I hope good fortune finds you and you're able to get one.

Dec 12, 2019
Welcome to ERA!

That totally sucks you got jacked by a porch thief. I just saw some video on CNN about it yesterday and everytime I'm reminded of it, it just makes me so angry.

Hope you find one, but I imagine at this point whoever ordered one really wanted it like you did. I guess someone who got one might end up really not liking it (I don't think that's too uncommon of a reaction). Either way, I hope good fortune finds you and you're able to get one.

Thank you for your kind words! Yeah, it makes me pretty upset seeing video of people stealing packages, though the recent Mark Rober YT video of Glitter Bomb 2.0 was pretty great. Seeing people actually return missing packages or helping to hide them was reassuring to see that not everyone out there is trying to steal someone else's property.

I'm hoping maybe I can convince someone who isn't interested in theirs to sell it but actually having someone take the time to ship something is a little more tricky.\

Who knows, maybe I will get lucky and Valve will help me out *laughs* Mehhh here's hoping. It's even worse when you have absolutely no proof that something was stolen.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I'm so glad I jumped on this when I had the chance. Been waiting to buy a controller before I went back and completed Darksiders (controls like ass with mouse and keyboard), and the trackpad owns the shit out of traditional dual analog.

Valve better be working on a new version, as that patent that people found way back in inferring. This technology may be divisive, but it's too damn good to just leave in the dustbin of history, like Valve does with so much of their shit.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so glad I jumped on this when I had the chance. Been waiting to buy a controller before I went back and completed Darksiders (controls like ass with mouse and keyboard), and the trackpad owns the shit out of traditional dual analog.

Valve better be working on a new version, as that patent that people found way back in inferring. This technology may be divisive, but it's too damn good to just leave in the dustbin of history, like Valve does with so much of their shit.
I love the controller with 3rd person titles. Dark Souls, the Mafia series, even 3rd person platformers feel great.