• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
jRqlus8.png

DrTIImT.png

These pictures are not mine especially the above thankfully. I'm still in processing and I'm keeping my hopes of it going through very low :(. I ordered mine on the 26th at 4pm cst. Here's hoping I get lucky. They seem to be canceling from the latest order to the earliest.

MatteAce said:
I paid 28,26 for the controller and three stickers.
22,80 were refunded.
so apparently they let me pay 5,80€ for three stickers and shipping.

wq6hii84aa241.png

Good luck everyone that ordered. What a disappointing time.

Last edited:

WeAreVenumb

Oct 27, 2017
Did they discontinue it or something? If so I'm glad I have one, although now I wish I had a spare just in case.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
My package arrives today. I placed the order at 13:00 CST on the 26th.

I picked up another controller, carrying case, and the battery door.

Good luck to everyone else.

Best controller. ;)

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Dang, that sucks to hear.

I've got my primary and a boxed backup so I'm safe for now. Hope Valve drop the V2 soon.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Well, ordered on the 26th and it's still processing. They state "delays in delivery are to be expected due to high volume of orders". Hope I'll still get it !

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
I'm so confused. I didn't get any email or refund as far as I can see... I also bought it with some games.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Just checked, and looks like mine did ship. Ordered on 27th. I guess this means it's sold out and it's never coming back then.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty fucked up. They should cancel everything in those cases or at least give you the option to choose.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Got a shipping mail earlier, so *hugs second Steam Controller soon*

Ended up ordering on the 27th at 5am here in EU land, after having doubts and wanting to wait till the end of the sales week, but said screw it and hit that button anyway before going to work.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Managed to get mine on Wednesday. What some good games to try out it unique functions?

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
I bought mine like a week before that promotion lol, I love the near infinite use cases for that controller (the back pedals are something that should be on all controllers period), anyway I finished Disco Elysium from my bed with it and I loved that I now have this option. Can't wait to master that controller for other types of games also.

Since I got mine on second hand (still brand new) I bought a second one with that promo just to show my support, but it didn"t get cancelled, I'll receive it next week.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sucks. I got refunded earlier today. I already have one, I just wanted another in case something happened to mine (I didn't get around to ordering one until yesterday though).

I ordered a case for it instead.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Got an email that mine is preparing to ship, sweet, would have kicked myself if i missed this.

JoseJX

Oct 26, 2017
I ordered mine on the 27th at 2am EST. My order has moved to shipping and I have a shipping number.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
cFZbzsO.jpg

I'll always love these things.
Do you have the other version? I'm curious how they differ with those center-placed buttons and no joystick. I never use my left TouchPad since I have a joystick. Curious about your use case with these and in comparison with "standard" released steam controller.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
In the arrrrrrrrms of an angel...

I have two of them already. Underrated controller. Here's hoping we'll see a ver. 2.x at some point down the road.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Mine got a shipping number. Phew. Orderd a couple just to have them around. They're great.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have the other version? I'm curious how they differ with those center-placed buttons and no joystick. I never use my left TouchPad since I have a joystick. Curious about your use case with these and in comparison with "standard" released steam controller.

By other version, do you mean the final version? I have 4 of the final steam controllers, and ordered 4 more. I love them all. The prototypes are a lot cheaper, obviously. The gyroscopes on them is also disabled -- they were originally going to enable them with an update but never did. The buttons in the middle are essentially the 4 corners of the analog stick -- between the prototype above and the final steam controller, they moved the 4 buttons in the middle to a diamond cluster formation where the stick was as a d-pad, then replaced them with a stick.

The final controller is in every way better. But one thing I really liked about the prototypes -- they would be recognized as a keyboard and mouse on anything. Here's the streams crossing: