• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Its been a quick one year since the release of Valve Index, the highest end VR and Valve's latest hardware initiative.

Now in its first anniversary, the Valve Index is still seeing supply shortage with no ready stocks at hand for shipping

Here's hoping Valve will be able to supply more stocks to players faster considering the high demand for VR now.

4jaU37WGmpHgMbtwjyzUhc-480-80.jpg

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
It's been more than 8 weeks now since I put a reservation in to buy it on Steam. In that 8 weeks I've been giving too much time to reflect on my impulse purchasing decision so I think I might cancel.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that the base stations are $150 each and cannot even be ordered anymore is crazy. One of the main selling points for the 2.0 version was that it was supposed to be cheaper and easier to manufacture.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I literally just got mine delivered yesterday after ordering the Full Kit on April 15th. I am lOVING it though. Such a huge upgrade over my friend's Vive that I tried a year ago at his place.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that the base stations are $150 each and cannot even be ordered anymore is crazy. One of the main selling points for the 2.0 version was that it was supposed to be cheaper and easier to manufacture.

It's also a joke they don't sell the cables for it.

Mine arrived Friday and the cable on the HMD is defective.

This things been out one year and you can't buy a cable (you have to rely on Valve servicing this for you). Earlier this year some people on Reddit were waiting a couple months for a replacement cable. Nearly bankrupt HTC was selling replacement cables for 39.99 for the Vive. Everywhere. Amazon. Newegg. You name it. Valve can't even be assed to sell them on their own website. And the defect in the design means you bend them when you adjust the tilt. Completely inexcusable. Valve needs to get their shit together. And this isn't a Covid-19 thing. Because they had major issues even before then. Then sell the least amount of HMDs (according to the SteamVR surveys), yet theirs is the only sub-reddit flooded with quality control problems.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
I bought knuckles on launch and held off on the headset as I had a wireless VIVE setup. I decided to to finally get the headset many months ago and the headset arrived on Friday. Haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. I do wish we had a wireless solution, I loved that about my VIVE setup.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I have full index set. Haven't touched it since I finished Alyx. I should try workshop stuff but it's so damn hot that I don't want to play VR.