• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think?

• Possible?

Votes: 486 38.1%
  • Fake?

Votes: 208 16.3%
  • it doesn't matter, I want it!

Votes: 519 40.7%
  • Never!

Votes: 63 4.9%

• Total voters

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
GOD yes. If we don't have to go through Windows Store? That's the main reason I don't do Game Pass, Windows Store games are always flaky as hell on my PC.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
should prob put 'rumor' somewhere in the title, or that rumor tag thingy

edit: ayyy

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Not having to deal with the mess that the MS Store is would be incredible.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
im sure ea play wasnt a one off thing, they built it so more subscription services could eventually be on there

when ubisoft gets back theyll jump on it too

but its integration does need some work, ive already heard of way too many goofy things with ea play on steam

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That would be amazing, and great for both Microsoft and Valve.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Now THAT would be something. I want to try Grounded before buying but not on their client.

Oct 28, 2017
Would explain his random love for Xbox
NLZ4Km.gif

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see them seeking it out. Feels like having it directly on steam / without the hassle of Win 10 apps would undercut a decent amount of titles

I also imagine some dev / pubs would not be super happy with it.

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Wouldnt make any sense at all for MS to put it on Steam.

They would would want it on their own client. Why would they just put it on Steam and give a 30% cut to Valve.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
This would mean less sales of games on Steam (at least those published by Microsoft on the platform). Bad move.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
While I think this would be great news, what would that mean for titles that were EGS-exclusives but also launching on Game Pass? Although I'm not sure how many of those even exist outside of The Outer Worlds.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
There should be an option for: Probably happening
imo.

Tyler's been known to dig into valve stuff and even leaked the Half Life VR game later known to be Half Life Alyx. So yeah while i do find him credible. Gamepass and STEAM seemed like a natural combo.

For the people who might think that why would MS give valve that 30% of share? Well on PC the paid gamer population is the most on STEAM and also the windows store doesn't seem to be getting fixed in the near future.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wouldnt make any sense at all for MS to put it on Steam.

They would would want it on their own client. Why would they just put it on Steam and give a 30% cut to Valve.

They gain access to Steam's Very Sizeable Userbase who might not be Gamepass subscribers nor want to be. I'm sure if it happens Valve and MS would negotiate terms and that 30% figure isn't set in stone (Big Publishers are already catered to on Steam with a lower cut after your game sells so many copies).

As one of those Steam Users who's tried Gamepass in the past but didn't really care for it, I'd stay subbed forever if it did make its way to the platform.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Big if true. Being able to use Game Pass without interfacing with a barely functioning download client that shoves your games into the Windows 10 ether and likes to forget to properly uninstall them at times would be great.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This would make Game Pass PC a lot more attractive. Not having to use the Microsoft store would be so good.

Oct 27, 2017
Stop making threads about this guy's rumours. I'm going to pull my hair out.

Also, I thought he "retired" from covering Valve? Did the clicks dry up?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they try to get Game Pass instead of just launching their own competing service?