• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Seems like maybe it'll be their handheld device.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
"And a message from Valve regarding Steam"

Could literally be announcing a sale, talks about the UI refresh or something.. but i'd LOVE if they where going to do some form of tease for that handheld that's been rumored.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping for something VR hardware related, even just a hint at an index 2 since HTCs Pro 2 is still just another sidegrade and Oculus is dead to me.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
The handheld reveal seems likely.

Would love to see a Citadel reveal too, but I feel like they'll do that in 2022 or later.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping for something VR hardware related, even just a hint at an index 2 since HTCs Pro 2 is still just another sidegrade and Oculus is dead to me.

I'm kind of hoping not because I really want to buy index controllers, but I don't want to buy it and then immediately an index 2 comes out haha.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of hoping not because I really want to buy index controllers, but I don't want to buy it and then immediately an index 2 comes out haha.
I am only guessing but development on the knuckles controllers was so widely known and we haven't heard a single peep on the knuckles 2, but we've seen some generic patents and rumors of the next HMD so we may not be getting controller upgrades this round.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curiously about SteamPal performance. 8 CU RDNA 2 should be decent. Hopefully they don't overboard and go for 1080p+ resolutions. There's also the fact they will need to do some work to make Linux more palatable for gaming.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Probably a nod to next fest, Steam updates and perhaps tease of upcoming hardware/when that might happen.

On the other hand I'm happy to celebrate the rusty next gen PC 2 finally making an appearance, in dev since 1990

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Will they finally announce the most requested Steam feature ever?
- - > Letting us create custom sorting names in the libary...

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is buying Valve and bringing steam to XBox platforms. Half-Life 3 to be announced as part of the acquisition.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like valve will be announcing steam as an EGS exclusive from now on
Funny thing: Epic isn't sponsoring this year's show, which is the first time since the EGS launched that they haven't done that. That doesn't mean that there won't be exclusives (Chivalry 2 is already listed, and I'm curious why Project Warlock 2 hasn't got a Steam page yet).

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even Gabe "these things take time" Newell can attend E3.

Damn.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And yeah, I would put my chips on this being a Steampal reveal. Ars Technica reported on it, so might as well acknowledge it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Probably either that handheld thing or maybe that console version of Steam that Gabe alluded to a little while back.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
"And a message from Valve regarding Steam"

Could literally be announcing a sale, talks about the UI refresh or something.. but i'd LOVE if they where going to do some form of tease for that handheld that's been rumored.

Could be a boast about how large Steam has grown and how they're committed to making it even better in 2021 by adding X, Y, and Z.

A message regarding Steam doesn't sound like a hardware unveil to me. But who knows. It's Valve. Underselling and overdelivering is a company credo, so anything is possible.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curiously about SteamPal performance. 8 CU RDNA 2 should be decent. Hopefully they don't overboard and go for 1080p+ resolutions. There's also the fact they will need to do some work to make Linux more palatable for gaming.

1080p? I'd honestly think I'd be happy with a 720p OLED that's rumored to be in Switch Pro. The battery is still the limiting factor in these things and pushing pixels that have insane amounts of diminishing returns on small screens is a waste IMO.

Gaben: 'PC Gaming is not in a dark age'

This is the point I made in that thread. Even if discrete GPUs have lost the plot, there's a ripe opening for APUs to finally become an important part of PC gaming. High quality APUs (portable and console sized boxes) would more than make up for the fact that discrete GPUs are losing the plot. AMD should be going in on this hard. Because they'll never beat Nvidia in a traditional fight.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Could be a boast about how large Steam has grown and how they're committed to making it even better in 2021 by adding X, Y, and Z.

A message regarding Steam doesn't sound like a hardware unveil to me. But who knows. It's Valve. Underselling and overdelivering is a company credo, so anything is possible.

They could say Steam is coming to a new handheld device and give details on it or a date for a unveiling.

Honestly it's pretty vague.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No matter what it'll be in the end, I'm happy to see them communicating with the fan base at all.