• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
i am unsure why you put "new HL:A news in TGA" when that has been 100% confimed by both Keylight and Valve.

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
Is Valve determined to alienate the majority of their player-base across PC and console through the continuation of VR only for their fan favourite franchises?

Seems so.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Well, according to leaks (datamines) by the same person, L4D3 was originally going to be both VR and non-VR until it was shelved. It supposedly is being rebooted as a VR only game.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
Co-op Zombie shooters are not necessarily what I would say VR needs more of, but I'll never count out Valve.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want a non-VR Left 4 Dead game. This is such a shame.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Sad if true.

maxresdefault.jpg

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine turning a corner in VR and staring at the witch

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
L4D2 felt very iterative, so this is a welcome change in my eyes. It's going to need completely different pacing and balancing, VR players aren't the same kind of murder machines that M/Kb players are.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Don't mind VR as a system, problem is for me the price point is too expensive to get the ideal experience and it makes me dizzy.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't end the decade in a more disappointing and monkey paw way than Valve going VR only for the games you've spent a decade waiting for.

I guess I should prepare myself for the inevitability of Portal 3 being wasted on VR.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Well I, for one, am excited that we finally get a first-person VR zombie shooting game.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Does free movement VR work without making people sick? Left 4 Dead where you move from set point to set point by teleporting sounds odd. I know HL:A has the option. But wasn't sure if it would work for everyone.

Mar 23, 2018
Why? I don't really see it.
I imagine playing a L4D game in coop with my friends, watching as a wave of zombies come at us and we begin to shoot at them in terror/laugh. I am reminded of the adrenaline of maps like the mall and the music concert stage from L4D2(?) and all of the zombies coming from down and upstairs, having to run but then stop, turn and shoot, which is something that would be much more natural on a VR version. Or perhaps even healing a player who is down while still shooting with the other hand at the zombies coming at us. Throwing ammo at a player or these kind of actions...

Perhaps they'd have to tone down the speed and overall quickness of the zombies for a VR version(or lower difficulties) because that could send someone to a hospital and my guess is Valve wouldn't want that, hahahaha.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Does free movement VR work without making people sick? Left 4 Dead where you move from set point to set point by teleporting sounds odd. I know HL:A has the option. But wasn't sure if it would work for everyone.
free locomotion is pretty much the only way people accept movement these days when it comes to VR games. Only people that are brand new to VR or can very easily get motion sick ever even try the other option tbh