• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I just don't why things are secretive about the new team handling the game. Everything prior, sure, no need to poison the well in a tight industry and at least give the next hands a chance to get their vision out there and regarded by its own merits than to be running interference in the public eye.

But there's nothing advantageous or worthwhile, as far as I can determine, to keeping the studio identity under wraps.

They just had a massive marketing campaign complete with pre-order DLC, statues, collector's editions, and big event with Mitsoda being pranced around in the arena, only for the whole project to completely blow up as this massive failure the same year it was supposed to be released.

It's understandable that they're going back to the drawing board and figuring out how to re-brand and re-introduce the product again. Paradox has been burned badly from this endeavor.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
More than anything, I'm shocked by the lack of leaks regarding this mess. There are potentially well over one hundred former employees and an unknown number of current developers on top of past and present personnel on the publisher's side and we haven't heard a fucking peep about what went down.

Does make you wonder if there's more to the story than the easy assumption of Hardsuit botching development and Paradox giving them the flick. The situation might be more complicated or difficult for parties to talk about without making it obvious. Plus they might be worried about burning bridges. Hardsuit isn't exactly know for big AAA games. They're a small dev and this was their next big thing. If shit immediately started leaking out right after the collapse of a major project I can imagine Paradox would bring the hammer down hard.

I just don't why things are secretive about the new team handling the game. Everything prior, sure, no need to poison the well in a tight industry and at least give the next hands a chance to get their vision out there and regarded by its own merits than to be running interference in the public eye.

But there's nothing advantageous or worthwhile, as far as I can determine, to keeping the studio identity under wraps.

Honestly? My guess is that Paradox aren't even sure if they wan't to continue it, and are probably seriously considering of Bloodlines 2 is a sunk cost, alongside all the logistics of handling pre-orders and whatnot. They'd be asking themselves three things;

1) Do we continue Bloodlines 2 at a new developer, or do we assess it as a sunk cost and move on?
2) How do we ensure the new developer is able to complete the project?
3) How much of Bloodlines 2 do we preserve, or do we reboot the entire thing?

The last thing Paradox would want to do coming off bad press for Bloodlines 2 is announce a new game that gets shitcanned again, a new studio that is swapped out again, and keep showing existing content for a game that ends up entirely rebooted.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of the thing though. If Paradox is still determining if they want to continue putting money into this endeavor and don't want to set any expectations following the indefinite hold announcement, why mention a new team in the first place?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
While everyone's in torpor for Bloodlines 2, get hype for the best part of the new edition of Vampire: The Masquerade.

Oct 31, 2017
No personal disrespect intended but is there a reason people seem to be taking what Tuco said as a given?
None whatsoever. And I don't know a single thing more than what I shared, myself.

That's just second hand information I got from a friend in the gaming press with a direct contact at Paradox.
I'm obviously not going to mention the magazine/site.

Feel free to believe whatever the hell you want, frankly. Time will tell.