• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Don't know where this is from, but it was posted in the Paradox forum thread:

VTMB2%20-%20young%20vampire.jpg

From the v5 book.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Annabelle's unique ability will be crying on command.

I don't like a lot of the art in V5, but it has some good stuff.

1dwkux.jpg

2k1jtb.jpg

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I have to say, I hope they have somebody competent heading the art direction. Good as the game was, Bloodlines had some pretty sorry visuals, and not just because it wasn't technically competent.

Somebody close to Brom's style (or even something more punk-goth) could be awesome.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to say, I hope they have somebody competent heading the art direction. Good as the game was, Bloodlines had some pretty sorry visuals, and not just because it wasn't technically competent.

Back in 2004?

It was the first released game on valves source engine. It had(has stil) big problems but for the time the visuals were fantastic. Especially the faces.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Back in 2004?

It was the first released game on valves source engine. It had(has stil) big problems but for the time the visuals were fantastic. Especially the faces.
I have to disagree.

I mean, HL2 set that bar really high, but Bloodlines looked pretty rough at times. It feels as if it made a lot of old school choices in terms of design at a time when games were moving towards today's understanding of graphics and art direction, not unlike many other "in-between" launches.

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't necessarily agree. Some stuff looks rough, and there's technical blemishes, but I thought the overall art direction was sublime. Evocative of brooding, gothic architecture and tones.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted up the Clan 'looks' from the main V5 rulebook earlier in the thread. I've bought the Camarilla and Anarch supplement PDFs, so I'll post up the additional images from there too for people to check out (Source images were black & white).

Ventrue

R54egsY.png

Toreador

9iSyXUb.png

Tremere

CW73sLZ.png

Malkavian

8Oeg7uE.png

Nosferatu

FdVYLCs.png

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Well it's pretty much a remix, and Ventrue, Toreador and Tremere still look the best.

By the way, the Trust No More site updated, with some relevant lore. I guess they are going to include it in the game. Maybe we will meet some characters from the ARG.

Mar 30, 2019
  • Can repair masquerade violations through specific tasks, like joining a clean-up crew to clear up masquerade violations from other vampires
    Clean-up crew run by a weird, desensitized guy named Bart, used an example of the black humor in the game. One clean-up crew mission has you clearing the mess left behind by a vampire + human romantic encounter; "if someone had exploded in a small hotel room, that's what that would look like. You're there to just pick up the pieces. Literally, pick up the pieces, and Bart just comments on whatever's there while eating his noodle soup"

Love it. This reminds me on a German comedy television show called 'Der Tatortreiniger' (Crime Scene Cleaner) which is about a crime scene cleaner who is very cynical. He sounds exactly like this guy. He even eats at the crime scenes too sometimes if I remember correctly. And he meet strange people at his job. The people are weird but it's funny. Good show you should give it a try I think it's avaible with English subs.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Almost all the designs are vastly out of place, in my opinion, save for a few. It's all about context and they're well out; very theatrical, and not at all something a person would wear on a casual or even professional basis.

And for me in something like World of Darkness, where grounding and a sense of cohesion between myth and reality, monsters trying to blend into the world as normal people (aka, the masquerade), these outfits have no place on most of the cast. They're fun and crazy but incredibly unrealistic.

I prefer these outfits reserved for characters that thematically don't care if they make a scene or have outrageous presence.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Almost all the designs are vastly out of place, in my opinion, save for a few. It's all about context and they're well out; very theatrical, and not at all something a person would wear on a casual or even professional basis.

And for me in something like World of Darkness, where grounding and a sense of cohesion between myth and reality, monsters trying to blend into the world as normal people (aka, the masquerade), these outfits have no place on most of the cast. They're fun and crazy but incredibly unrealistic.

I prefer these outfits reserved for characters that thematically don't care if they make a scene or have outrageous presence.

The book has a big thing about fashion for some reason. Perhaps these outfits are meant more for a big vampire gathering /party or something and not so much every day wear?

Ive wondered if perhaps it's designs left over from the cancelled MMO,.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017

I understand that. I wish they give us both options. To wear more flamboyant costumes or your run of the mill everyday clothing so players can role play whatever type of vampire they want.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that. I wish they give us both options. To wear more flamboyant costumes or your run of the mill everyday clothing so players can role play whatever type of vampire they want.
I too, would like to roleplay as a vampire being permanently blood hunted because I'm putting in zero effort to blend in human society.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping there is a mixture of stylish, over-the-top stuff, as well as grounded, everyday modern clothing.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

Oh that I don't mind. Even if it's super unrealistic and never acknowledged, I've got no problem with the player avatar having an assortment of unusual outfits. Bloodlines was like that.

I should have clarified, I'm more bothered when it pertains to the supporting cast. And I just find, like Pilgrimzero noted, it weird that there's an entire section of V5 dedicated to "Kindred Fashion". To me this is a weird artistic expression contextually out of order with World of Darkness. But whatevs. Screenshots of Bloodlines so far show NPCs in grounded attire, and that's all that matters to me.

Zeb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want this game to come out tomorrow, I have been ready to play it for 10 years or so

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Oh that I don't mind. Even if it's super unrealistic and never acknowledged, I've got no problem with the player avatar having an assortment of unusual outfits. Bloodlines was like that.

I should have clarified, I'm more bothered when it pertains to the supporting cast. And I just find, like Pilgrimzero noted, it weird that there's an entire section of V5 dedicated to "Kindred Fashion". To me this is a weird artistic expression contextually out of order with World of Darkness. But whatevs. Screenshots of Bloodlines so far show NPCs in grounded attire, and that's all that matters to me.
They do it because IRL people like to dress up like fancy vampires at the LARP Vampire events...and those players are the most vocal supporters of the game.

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the world of darkness documentary last night. It was pretty good. Covers a lot from the beginnings of white wolf to the cancelled mmo. Even interviews some people that larp and they explain what the franchise means to them. It's free if you have Amazon prime.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone play the old Hunter the Reckoning games?

Love them, though Waywards mission structure was kind of a mess. IE the garage level. Beat it. Next mission, back to the garage level.

First game was definitely the best. Redeemer was fun as well. Liked the ending and how it tied to the first game.

Last edited:

Maternal Heart

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Modding support on day one means that it'll be possible to implement some form of third person camera, probably. Here's hoping that the character model isn't all janky and half-finished.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone play the old Hunter the Reckoning games?

Love them, though Waywards mission structure was kind of mass. IE the garage level. Beat it. Next mission, back to the garage level.

First game was definitely the best. Redeemer was fun as well. Liked the ending and how it tied to the first game.
Didn't play the sequel, but the first game was amazing and one of my favourite Xbox games. A pretty sweet 3D Gauntlet.

And while it had nothing to do with World of Darkness, The Suffering games were also pretty damn cool.

I kind of miss those gnarly horror films and games from the early 00's. They really had their own aesthetic.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

The monsters don't just blend in, they also manipulate and usurp great swaths of mortal life. So in some interpretations of the World of Darkness, you could argue that the Toreador have put such a big stamp on the fashion world, all the big designers have incorporated their twisted notions and made them mainstream.

I always ran games with more lowkey vampires but I think the setting leaves plenty of room for a very heightened gothic-punk aesthetic that wouldn't fly in the real world. It's a valid choice for the game.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
An artist that worked on the trailer posted some stuff on his Artstation page and then promptly deleted it not long after. But nothing is lost if it gets released into the wild. So if you want to know how the mystery narrator-lady from the trailer looks - be my guest.

uXHmonN.jpg
FwEhrip.jpg

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Interesting fascinator. That sort of hat went out of fashion in the 1930's, which matches the rest of the outfit, which I reckon is 1930's-40's evening wear.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
An artist that worked on the trailer posted some stuff on his Artstation page and then promptly deleted it not long after. But nothing is lost if it gets released into the wild. So if you want to know how the mystery narrator-lady from the trailer looks - be my guest.

uXHmonN.jpg
FwEhrip.jpg

Bah gawd, it's WWE's Lacey Evans.

Maternal Heart

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 3, 2019
How do people think this game will handle its depiction of sexuality? Bloodlines was very explicit in its (straight) sexual themes, obviously linked with the Vampire genre and its sexual undertones. But Bloodlines was also very much also a product of its time with what some might consider to be straightforward tittilation (cleavage everywhere). With people being older now, society being more aware of sexual politics, and so forth, I wonder how the game will move ahead with sexuality. What do you think ?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How do people think this game will handle its depiction of sexuality? Bloodlines was very explicit in its (straight) sexual themes, obviously linked with the Vampire genre and its sexual undertones. But Bloodlines was also very much also a product of its time with what some might consider to be straightforward tittilation (cleavage everywhere). With people being older now, society being more aware of sexual politics, and so forth, I wonder how the game will move ahead with sexuality. What do you think ?

Paradox seem pretty keen on improving on that front. There was a thread about it not long after the initial announcement.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...-rights-mental-illness-representation.106919/

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Seeing recent interviews with the devs about inclusion, having gender pronouns as options in game and about certain problematic aspects of the previous game, I feel that there isn't much to worry about, I trust them to not mess it up.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
In addition to the above answers, I think it's safe to say that the game will be much less captive to the male gaze as well. Expecting sexy dudes, male love interests (if love interests are indeed there), and less of a lecherous approach to costumes and the like.

Deleted member 8117

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One of the biggest VtM Bloodlines fans made a point and click game based on the Santa Monica part

Check it out: https://outstar.itch.io/santa-monica-by-night

That was super neat. Felt like an introduction of the current state of the WoD, with Thinbloods going around breaking the masquerade, the Second Inquisition operating in the city, and even the last choice of staying a Thinblood / becoming a full fledged vampire / return to being human, which I suspect will be similar to what we're getting in Bloodlines 2.

Maternal Heart

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Paradox seem pretty keen on improving on that front. There was a thread about it not long after the initial announcement.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...-rights-mental-illness-representation.106919/
Seeing recent interviews with the devs about inclusion, having gender pronouns as options in game and about certain problematic aspects of the previous game, I feel that there isn't much to worry about, I trust them to not mess it up.
In addition to the above answers, I think it's safe to say that the game will be much less captive to the male gaze as well. Expecting sexy dudes, male love interests (if love interests are indeed there), and less of a lecherous approach to costumes and the like.

Thanks everyone. I wasn't thinking there would be a problem, I was actually mostly just curious and somewhat excited about the possibilities of whatever direction they're taking the sequel's sexual politics. I really appreciate the answers and sources!