• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

To all fans of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

For the last three and a half years, we've worked hard to bring you a worthy successor to Bloodlines 1. To us, that meant not only making good on the ambitions of this remarkable game, but also a duty to ensure we would not repeat its mistakes. Today, we have to tell you that we need some more time to get you the game you've been waiting for. Although Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will still launch in 2020, we have decided to value quality over making the Q1 launch window.
There are some things we wanted to hit under all circumstances when we set out to follow in Bloodlines' footsteps: A deep, branching storyline; fascinating and amazingly acted characters; the rich universe of the World of Darkness. We firmly believe that we're on the right track to get you all of this.
On the flip side, there's the responsibility to avoid some of the issues that plagued the first game, which was famously launched too early. Over the last few months, it became clear that to stick to our original date would risk repeating that mistake. We won't do that. In the end, everyone working on this game wants to offer you the best Bloodlines 2 we can.
This hasn't been an easy- nor our first choice. Throughout 2019 we have been improving our processes and growing our teams, however it soon became clear that this alone won't allow us to deliver the quality we want at the date we promised.
Your feedback was invaluable in this. It helped us give the proper weight to what we saw, as well. We'd like to thank you, and hope you'll support us in the decision that came from it.
Many of us from Hardsuit Labs will be in Berlin for PDXCON. For those of you going, we look forward to seeing you there! We will be sharing insights into the development of Bloodlines 2 along with other steps we've taken to strengthen our development team to realize our ambitions for Bloodlines 2.
For those of you who won't be there, we will be sharing more about this during the PDXCON Announcement stream on Saturday the 21st. We are also opening up a Reddit thread to answer any of your questions in the Bloodlines stream on the following Sunday.

Thanks,

Andy Kipling and Brian Mitsoda, on behalf of the team at Hardsuit Labs

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Better than getting involved in the Q1 blood bath and it gets more time for polish. Still fully hyped

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Take your time to make sure the game is perfect. I've waited God knows how long I can wait more if it means a better game.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's fine. It'll give them more time for polish and it's not like I'm stuck for things to play in early 2020.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Good, as long as it doesn't hurt the team. If it avoids them having to do horrific crunch, all the better.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
This is smart and something I was honestly hoping would happen. Early 2020 always seemed too early to me, and with how loaded the release lineup is shaping up to be during the Feb-April time frame, this game would not have fared well. I'm hoping for a summer release date.

Oct 26, 2017
Good. Both for the game itself (Bloodlines I was rough on release, this type of games always need more time devs think at first), and because the competition around q1.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Take your time and make it shine.

Maybe launch it with the new consoles.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this from a mile away. Time will speak as far as the product is concerned. I would rather it release right.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
GOOD CALL. The game looked awful and was not going to survive that release date. March is now a AAA minefield. Take as much as you need!

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. I was worried it would die trying to release in the crowded Q1 slot.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Having looked at the demo they showed I was expecting this and think it's only a good thing...

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Foundations and art design already look incredibly amazing, but the game really needs polish, especially animations. I hope they take their time to do this and also make the city even more dense.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
It's a win-win, game releases in a better state and likely in a window where there's less competition. ANY other window is better than launching in the middle of TLOU2, FF7R and CP77.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
good decision, i want this game to be good and it has a lot of potential but combat in the last demo looked very unfinished

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Definitely the right choice. The first game was rough because of how it got rushed out. My selfish self of ocurse also hopes for a cross-gen release.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Good. Releasing the same time as Half Life 2 (and maybe some other factors...) killed the first one. Find a nice spot all to yourself guys. We're happy to wait a little longer.