• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning, @everyone

As you have noticed, we've been keeping pretty quiet for a while. With this in mind, the first piece of news we have for you is to confirm that Bloodlines 2 is still in development.

Secondly, we have made the hard decision that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2 - which also means that we will not be releasing in 2021 as previously planned. Since we cannot at this time communicate a new release date, we've also decided to stop accepting pre-orders for the time being.

This game is very important to us and it has been an ambitious project from the very start. In order to meet our goals for it, we've come to the conclusion that a change is needed and, as a result, more development time is required.

We'd like to take this opportunity to honor Hardsuit Labs for their efforts and thank them for their hard work on the project. The studio has done a tremendous job in laying the foundations for the game and we hope that you, the community, will also appreciate their contribution to Bloodlines 2.

We're thankful for your continuous support throughout the game's development. We understand how important this is to you, and we'd love to share more with you. As soon as we can, we'll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like.

This was just shared on the VtM Bloodlines 2 Discord server. This game is cursed, will we ever see it?

At least the announcement of this got me to play the original last year.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Jesus christ man
tenor.gif

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Just WTF is Paradox expecting this game to be?

And who the hell is gonna develop it, given Paradox isn't exactly stacked with devs that make 1st person imsims.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Shit. Though, at this point I'm almost glad Hardsuit is not doing it anymore.

Maybe some of the creatives who left will be back now? Who knows. Some of the initial previews were glowing and the devs were saying all the right things, shame it came to this.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's a cancellation in all but name. Good luck having an entirely new team continue from where the old one left off....they'd almost have to start again in many areas.

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
Comically cursed at this point.

Was looking forward to it, but don't have high hopes it comes out, or if it does come out, if it will be any good.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
Yeaaaaah this is really starting to smell like something that's never coming out. I'd pre-ordered with a sweet deal, but it's time to start requesting my money back.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
What the actual... What? Replacing the studio? Man I would like to read a report about what the hell was happening there.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
To think that I pre-ordered this game back in 2019, thinking that it'll be released in 2020 lol.

Thankfully it's so easy to get a refund on Steam.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
The people attached to this game that made it exciting are gone and now the entire dev team is being replaced.

This game sure will be interesting if it ever comes out.

So they have found a replacement studio but haven't named them?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
This game is not coming out. Or when it is coming out, it's gonna be bad. Like not buggy bad, but bad bad. It was too good to be true.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
We just got the official PR as well, nested within a year-end report. Worded pretty much the same:
www.paradoxinteractive.com

Year-end Report 2020 - Paradox Interactive

Paradox Interactive is a world leading PC games publisher known for games such as Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.

Paradox Interactive Year-end Report 2020 said:
At the same time as we have had a record year, the ongoing corona pandemic has, as mentioned before, had a mixed effect on our business. The inflow of new players was during the beginning of the pandemic high, which initially had a positive impact on our sales, but the increased player base also creates a long-term remaining value. At the same time, our studio organization in particular has found it difficult to maintain the usual production pace. We have therefore chosen to postpone several planned but not communicated releases to ensure the right quality, which postpones the release dates during 2021. For us, it is crucial that our games are well received by the players, so we always choose, if possible, to give our development studios the time required to achieve our quality goals.

This also affects the development of Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, where we communicated a delay during the third quarter of 2020. We have now chosen to postpone the release of the game further, and we will not be launching the game in 2021. We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game. This has been a difficult decision, but we are convinced that it is the right way forward to do the game justice.

Last edited:

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The story around the game will end up being more interesting than the game itself.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Well then, I guess we can start taking bets about weather or not this or Elder Scrolls 6 will release first.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't it supposed to come out pretty soon? To replace your entire dev team is starting from scratch. Looking forward to more info leaking on what's going on.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
It was a very innovative idea for a RPG, shame that development has not gone well. The game is all but canceled.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I really want the story behind this games development. Wonder what the issues were that led to THIS, was it Paradox asking too much or Hardsuits not delivering?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that is dire.

I wonder what Paradox are thinking here and who they have working on this now..

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wooooof, this Game Must either be a disaster or Paradox has had weird expectations. Either way Vampire is clearly cursed.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
It's kind of insane how long this game has been available for pre-order even though it was clear how different the actual development status is. There's even pre-order bonuses on the Steam page, like wtf

first_blood_relaunch.jpg

Edit: and this chart

comparison-chart-steam.png

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017