• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone with 5th edition able to comment if the characterization of Malkavians changed at all?

Here's the quote from the Wiki

In V5, a Malkavian's Bane is that afflicted by their lineage, they are cursed with at least one type of mental derangement. Depending on their history and the state of their mind at death, they may experience delusions, visions of terrible clarity, or something entirely different. Malkavians also have the Compulsion: their extrasensory gifts running wild, the vampire experiences what might be truths or portents, but what others call figments of imagination, dredged up by Hunger. While still functional, the vampire's mind and perceptions are skewed. They receive a two-dice penalty to rolls involving Dexterity, Manipulation, Composure, and Wits as well as on rolls to resist terror frenzy, for one scene.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Someone made a thread about SJW in VtM:Bl2 Paradox forum, it got closed with this message:

unknown.png
Finally a dev said it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any word of non-masculine or -feminine pronouns being usable in the game? They/them, etc.?

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting this. Really glad to see Mitsoda, Ellison and the rest of the creative crew doubling down on this especially considering many developers in the biz have turned a blind eye to this kind of thing.

Bloodlines 2 is going to be something special.

Yo what Cara Ellison is on this?

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
I love Paradox. Not only do they pump out some of the best PC games around, it's nice to see they don't cater to bullshit. This and the Stellaris review fiasco really cement that.

<3 Paradox

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any word of non-masculine or -feminine pronouns being usable in the game? They/them, etc.?
I am wondering this as well. It sounds like it's just she/her/hers and he/him/his, regardless of appearance, but that might just be my takeaway. Even that would be a good first step, but it would be awesome to have a they/them/theirs option.

The things they are saying about developing this game has made it my #1 most-anticipated game ever. Holy shit. Representation and sexy vampire intrigue in a sequel to one of the best RPGs of all time? Hell yeah.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. She's a writer, along with Mitsoda (who's lead) and Avellone.

I don't think they've said. Pronouns will be selectable independent of body type, but they've not said what the choices will be.

Huh. That makes this whole thing way more interesting now.