• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
This comes from Focus Home Interactive's first half revenue report here

In Q3, the Group will continue to maximise the potential of the Vampyr licence. After the game's impressive success on PC, Xbox One and PS4, it will be Nintendo Switch's turn to welcome the DontNod title to reach an even wider audience.

I couldn't find any threads about this.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hm didn't know dontNod made this.

It's also suprising that they never brought over Life is strange games

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
That's a good fit, especially with their patch to allow playthroughs with much less of a focus on combat.

Zippro

May 20, 2018
Didn't this game bomb? I've heard nothing about it other than it's mediocre and never lives up to its potential.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Game is pretty good, with nice story and very cool atmosphere, highly recommend it!

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
I give the game a thumbs up on my platinum playthrough on the ps4. It has its problems, but atmosphere it has in buckets...solid 7.5-8 out of 10 game.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's certainly rough around the edges but I still loved it. The music, setting, and character writing are fantastic. I'd recommend it to anyone who is curious and has an appetite for something that's decidedly different but not highly polished.

It's my personal Alpha Protocol-calibre experience of this console generation, it that helps anyone else make a decision on trying it.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Life is Strange would be cool and probably less technically demanding but I guess that's where Square decides

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Crazy!

I had a good time with it this summer, it's a solid 7. Should have spent another year in the oven with some more budget but still satisfied nevertheless. Hope we'll get a sequel eventually.

Also, i don't remember the game running well on PS4, so i wonder what the performance on the Switch will end up be...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I just started playing this on PS4 and it's fantastic but there are a whole heap of technical problems and it's not exactly a looker even on the Pro. I'm really curious how the technical aspects of the port will shake out, maybe they will get someone like Panic Button on board to work their magic.

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for Life is Strange on Switch. They even remade the game with Unreal Engine 4 for the mobile Ports (UE3 on consoles).

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't really get into this game when I tried it on PS4, but maybe Switch will get me a little more hooked.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
but people told me 30 fps ps4 games cannot run on switch

anyway publishers need to start releasing these type of multiplatform games at the same time, otherwise they will bomb.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but people told me 30 fps ps4 games cannot run on switch

anyway publishers need to start releasing these type of multiplatform games at the same time, otherwise they will bomb.

If anything, it's probably better for a game like this to release a bit later on Switch, so it can be properly optimized for the platform (hopefully).

Plum

May 31, 2018
Damn, if you asked me what games I thought would get a Switch port in the future this wouldn't have even crossed my mind. I've already bought the game on Xbox One in a recent sale so I won't be getting this but I'm definitely interested to see how it's ported over. Definitely paves the way for LiS ports which I'd be much more interested in imo.

Yes, plenty of 30FPS PS4 games still won't work on switch.

Of course but, ignoring the snark of the guy you replied to, people did use a PS4 game being 30fps as some indicator that it can't possibly come to Switch when, in reality, it's something that is purely on a case-by-case or potentially anengine-by-engine basis.

Plum

May 31, 2018

Square's shown great support for the Switch so far, it's not like the series is published by EA or something. This just means that DontNod will have some experience with UE4 on the platform and, as such, could potentially bring their other UE4 games over as well.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square's shown great support for the Switch so far, it's not like the series is published by EA or something. This just means that DontNod will have some experience with UE4 on the platform and, as such, could potentially bring their other UE4 games over as well.
LiS is UE3. Though as big as DN is, that may not be a problem. I'm not optimistic on seeing a port anytime soon with LiS2 ongoing (and that might come before 1)