• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Looking great!
It seems that using powers is quite important. But then I wonder how viable it is to spare too many people.

Lux86

Oct 27, 2017
So that wasn't a werewolf?

f120f07d0f40431e7af71c86ec9b347e.gif

Btw the game looks good.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if they've polished it up. The previews from before were dire. It looks great here but I'm wary.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looking great!
It seems that using powers is quite important. But then I wonder how viable it is to spare too many people.

i've heard you can have a full pacifist run, and yet at the same time i heard in preview events that combat was nigh on impossible because you can't upgrade you characters combat abilities without feeding on the innocent. some clarification on this would be good. was it just a case of the journalists playing being shit at the preview event? i mean it wouldn't be the first time. lol

Iyagovos

Verified
Jan 18, 2018
i've heard you can have a full pacifist run, and yet at the same time i heard in preview events that combat was nigh on impossible because you can't upgrade you characters combat abilities without feeding on the innocent. some clarification on this would be good. was it just a case of the journalists playing being shit at the preview event? i mean it wouldn't be the first time. lol

It's definitely very tough to play through as a pacifist, as the way you gain exp is by feeding on people. I wouldn't say it's nigh-impossible, though

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
That actually looks really good. Except for the enemies health bars, they need to go or be more discret. Definitely keeping an eye on it now.

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
Decades of gaming and i am still in shock we're getting a spoonful of lovecraftian and vampire games this year. I'm astonished. I'm buying 3/4 or Focus Home games on day 1.

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
It's definitely very tough to play through as a pacifist, as the way you gain exp is by feeding on people. I wouldn't say it's nigh-impossible, though

Tell us more about the vampires. There is a difference between feeding on people's blood and sucking people dry, killing them. Do you actually gain a significant amount of XP just when people die as opposed to the amount of blood you're sucking from a number of them?

I'm wondering if by pacifist it's meant to kill or to hurt (feeding)

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Pumped for this. June is a pretty good release window. I wish the game finds success.

I see that there are still complaints about HUD/health bars. It was way worse originally, it's been improved now. But I guess it's still not good enough.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
There has been 0 information as to PS4 Pro or One X enhancements, so anything on that front would be welcomed.

When you dont mention HDR or anything these day so close to release its because there probably isn't any...combat looks a little janky but hey I liked Remember Me so I will definetly keep an eye on this and wait for impressions and reviews though...read it's quite hard also.

Iyagovos

Verified
Jan 18, 2018
Tell us more about the vampires. There is a difference between feeding on people's blood and sucking people dry, killing them. Do you actually gain a significant amount of XP when people die as opposed the amount of blood you're sucking from many of them?

I'm wondering if by pacifist it's meant to kill or to hurt (feeding)

You can suck small amounts of blood from enemies in combat, which will re-charge your blood level to use abilities. When you kill people by feeding on them, you will gain a very significant amount of XP. You get near-negligible amounts of XP from killing people in combat.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
You can suck small amounts of blood from enemies in combat, which will re-charge your blood level to use abilities. When you kill people by feeding on them, you will gain a very significant amount of XP. You get near-negligible amounts of XP from killing people in combat.

A very ambitious mechanic, I hope it is indeed implemented much better than Bioshock's Little Sisters and gives us some really tough choices to make.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's REALLY hard to play without upgrading. I want to feel forced to make that hard decision on my first playthrough.

Are there difficulty levels at all? I might play on the hardest one if so.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This trailer sucks
Nah but seriously this looks pretty good. Wasn't really on my radar before but the trailer was cool and the gameplay sounds interesting. Love the idea of choosing who to drain to get stronger and it having an impact on the world around, hope it's done well and not as shoddily as the way Dishonoured did it

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Question: I heard there's multiple endings. Can I achieve the best ending even if I kill some people here and there? I assume there'll be a bad guys where my morale shouldn't be really affected by killing them?

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely giving Bloodborne vibes in terms of aesthetics.

Game looks like it improved since the last trailer I saw. Looks cool. I also like the idea of the moral choice of choosing whether to feed on people or not.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the Rpg elements aren't light and are deeper than what most expect.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Yes, yes! I am absolutely looking forward to this game. The setting, the themes, all wrapped up in a sweet third person RPG wrapper. The more I see, the more interested I become.

Very much looking forward to giving this a whirl. I've wanted a new vampire RPG since Bloodlines, and this seems like it'll scratch a lot of that itch.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easily one of the rare games I am truly stoked to review. I love the idea of this and each little video or tidbit makes it really appear like it will be something special

Coolade

Oct 27, 2017
I've been excited for this game for awhile. And the fact that being a "good" vampire means not leveling up is kind of crazy. I figured you'd have the option of only killing "bad" people in the game but if you're forced to make moral choices woo. That's going to be tough.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
When we say pacifist run, we mean without feeding on named characters.

We haven't announced anything about Xbox One X and PS4 Pro settings yet.
I see. What would you say is the split between combat and exploration/choices/narrative?

Also do skills you unlock for combat have uses outside of combat? Like that bat dodge getting you more mobility to explore, stuff like that?

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
This has been on my radar and is looking really good now. I'm taking the LSAT on June 11 so this will be a good respite once I'm done. By that time I'll know whether to get it on PC or PS4 Pro.

Iyagovos

Verified
Jan 18, 2018
I see. What would you say is the split between combat and exploration/choices/narrative?

Also do skills you unlock for combat have uses outside of combat? Like that bat dodge getting you more mobility to explore, stuff like that?

I'd say the split between combat and exploration/narrative is maybe 33/66, it's more of a means to an end.

There aren't really any Metroidvania-style exploration options like that, though, no.

This has been on my radar and is looking really good now. I'm taking the LSAT on June 11 so this will be a good respite once I'm done. By that time I'll know whether to get it on PC or PS4 Pro.

Best of luck on your LSAT!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This trailer sucks
Nah but seriously this looks pretty good. Wasn't really on my radar before but the trailer was cool and the gameplay sounds interesting. Love the idea of choosing who to drain to get stronger and it having an impact on the world around, hope it's done well and not as shoddily as the way Dishonoured did it

i hope both forms of play are at least equally viable as dishonored was. i never felt like i was at a disadvantage playing dishonored without upgrades because the design was such that it let you avoid most of the reasons you would ever need upgrades in the first place. if you have no cool combat powers...just sneak around. easy.

with vampyr seemingly focused on combat it seems to me that sort of freedom of choice doesn't even factor into the equation.

basically sucking all the blood = easy mode and sucking no blood = hard mode.

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia

So basically, combat aside, it's not about the amount of blood we drink it's about the lives we end. We can't just drink a bit from a guy here and a bit from a gal there without killing anybody until a bar is filled and we get stronger... we have to chose which life to end eventually.

Interesting. I initially thought what gave us XP was succeeding in stealthily grabbing and biting a victim, or that a quest would be solved regardless of violence used, not the lives we end

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

Will we as the player get penalized for chomping on humans in order to level up? I really hope this isn't one of those games where good ending is locked behind being a pacifist.

Really hated that concept in Dishonored games where you have all those cool powers and are getting constantly penalized for using them.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Game looks awesome and I'm not ashamed to say a huge reason I'm interested is how sexy the protagonist is. Wondering if there's any romance subplot/sidequest stuff?

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I'm a little confused as to why someone wouldn't be 'at liberty to discuss' the HUD elements of the game

When people use that phrasing it gives me the impression that the answer is a protected secret. The HUD elements? Really?

Is it a secret, are you not at liberty to discuss cause you know we're not gonna like the answer, or do you just not know?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so this is a full fledged $60 game? I was under the impression that it was a budget $20-$40 title

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Will we as the player get penalized for chomping on humans in order to level up? I really hope this isn't one of those games where good ending is locked behind being a pacifist.

Really hated that concept in Dishonored games where you have all those cool powers and are getting constantly penalized for using them.
It's like Dishonored, the more you kill the worse off districts are.

Oct 25, 2017
But the endings reflect your actions, it's not about good ending vs bad ending. It would make no sense to feed on everyone and get an ending that references the fact that you didn't feed on anyone.

Of course it depends on execution and how much nuance they can get across so the endings where you do feed don't all feel like they're lecturing you about how you shouldn't have done that, but conceptually it's very interesting.