• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just downloaded it.
Runs silky smooth now on ps5 👌
Was not really enjoyable to play at 30fps.

20211020-220419.jpg

Get your freak on
funny-vampire.gif

Last edited:

pegaso

Oct 28, 2017
Oh this is... completely unexpected for me but very good news. Despite liking it a lot I kind of abandoned Vampyr because I was too busy back then and never found the right moment to go back to it. 60 fps is the right excuse to start it again.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I wish they made a sequel already, and went more crazy with vampire powers while they're at it. :<

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
This game is on PlayStation Now, so since it's just a patch, the downloaded game will run 60FPS on PS5.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I checked to see if this ran at 60 on ps5 a couple of days ago and was disappointed to see it didn't, so this is a very lovely surprise! Love updates like this

ket

Jul 27, 2018
this game was so flawed that it needs a sequel to hammer out those issues.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I love Vampyr and started a new playthrough a while ago. Seems to be the right time to continue since the upgrade and Halloween being almost here already.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I've had it laying around for a good while, but never got round to playing it. Might be time to jump in now.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I started playing last week on PS5 and hopped right off, the performance was so terrible. I mean goddamn. It's not a huge download but talk about timing.

Sep 23, 2018
This is one of my favourite games of the last generation, and made it onto my "of all time" list after completing it.
I goddamm love the game; it's soundtrack and world is dripping in atmosphere.
I wonder if the new patch will do anything for the PS4 (pro) performance?
Oh I've just seen, 1440p support , yehaw.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Message to any Dontnod employees lurking this thread to see if there's interest in a sequel: YES please do it I'm there day one.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Vampyr was fantastic mostly due to its incredible atmosphere. It got a bit repetetive in the end but I looooved the world and the idea. That patch gives me another excuse to complete it a second time. Good to know!

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
Fuckin loved this game. Such an amazing story and writing AND voice acting. Sequel please.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm assuming 1440p on PS5 is upscaled due to it [still] not supporting that native resolution. Unless Sony put out a stealth update I'm not aware of.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Game is a mess, but a compelling mess. I want to see them make another stab at the concept/setting/formula with more refined gameplay.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Oh awesome! The reason why I didn't continue with the game after it became a PS+ freebie was because how kinda bad it ran. Will eventually revisit this game because I did see a fun game in it.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow outta no where. I may fire this up again for the achievements this time.

Last edited:

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I'm assuming 1440p on PS5 is upscaled due to it [still] not supporting that native resolution. Unless Sony put out a stealth update I'm not aware of.

It's just the internal resolution the game is rendering at. The actual signal being outputted by the PS5 will still be 4K (or 1080p if not on a 4K TV). Plenty of games run at 1440p on PS4 Pro and PS5, as well as other arbitrary resolutions.

But yes, we can only hope that one day Sony does actually update the PS5 to natively support 1440p displays like Xbox.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Stopped at a hard combat part,which wasnt that great in this game,probably because I didnt kill enough people but overall I enjoyed it,it was one of the first nice Auto HDR game as well on XBox but I deleted it a few weeks ago after all this time because I needed space...might redownload to check it out,its not that big of a game and I have space now.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game gets a patch and we're still waiting for big games like Overwatch, Witcher, Cyberpunk to get PS5 updates?