• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MongeSemNome

Banned
Jan 29, 2018
I obviously can't write a review until 5th, but I think that I can answer some question to those interested in the game.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Even on the Xbox One/X box it say's that it has Xbox One X support. It's probably the same for PS4 Pro.

DdenkXtVwAEXBSm.jpg:large

Edit:

PS4 Pro support also confirmed:

Why does he whish it was a PS4 exclusive...? so less people could play it... ? ;)

Impressions are good so far but waiting for a few patches before buying.

Last edited:

MongeSemNome

Banned
Jan 29, 2018
My main problem so far is the number of crashes that the game had since I've got it. So far I had 5 crashes that I had to close the application and start it over on Pro.

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Really interested in the game, I just wonder if it's worth the 80$. One one hand, Life is Strange was a seriously great game and it's from the same devs, but n the other hand, it's a entire different game and priced way higher than LiS was too. The vampire skills in combat looks good, but I really don't like the look of the sword and gun combat.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
At least they're open with the fact that 'The Hunters Heirlooms DLC will also be made available for purchase after the release of the game.' (from Steam page), so basically no pressure to rush in on account of that pre-order DLC.
(legit wondering) has there ever been a game, or let's say recent game (last 5 years-ish), where such preorder DLC was not made available later and stayed preorder-only?

When does this unlock on Steam?
  • 15:01 PDT, 4 June
  • 18:01 EDT, 4 June
  • 22:01 UTC, 4 June
  • 23:01 BST, 4 June
  • 00:01 CEST, 5 June
  • 01:01 MSK, 5 June
  • 08:01 AEST, 5 June
might be worth putting in the OP, More_Badass

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Why does he whish it was a PS4 exclusive...? so less people could play it... ? ;)

Impressions are good so far but waiting for a few patches before buying.

Honestly i don't even know who that person is, and i was skipping through the video just to see the back of the box. That's all, lol.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely gonna get this, but wondering if its open world? Can you walk around London anywhere at any time?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Can you play the game by using mostly speaking and avoiding combat like in older RPGs?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
They need to fix the bug where you want to talk with someone but nothing happens, you get into the talk camera but no options appear and you have to go back to the main menu, had that 2 times already.

MongeSemNome

Banned
Jan 29, 2018
They need to fix the bug where you want to talk with someone but nothing happens, you get into the talk camera but no options appear and you have to go back to the main menu, had that 2 times already.
Which platform? Didn't have that one yet.

BUT there's a guy lying in a bed outside of the hospital that I'm not able to talk to, even though he has the "profile" pop-up.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Also, an advice. The game does not tell you when you have to make decisions which may affect the relationship between you and NPC's. You can see these dialogues, when there's a "Y" in the middle.
Example (Haven't founbd one with the "Y"):
TmJ41lb.png

If you see a "Y" in the middle of the circle, this means, this is an important decision which may affect your relationship to the NPC.

Noire

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, if not for this thread I wouldn't know this game is coming this week or even any time soon, and I was looking forward to it too. Hope it won't be dead on arrival.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I don't know why people saying this game would be buggy. In my ~14 hours playtime I have not seen a single bug. The game just crashed once, thats it (PS4 Pro).

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I don't know why people saying this game would be buggy. In my ~14 hours playtime I have not seen a single bug. The game just crashed once, thats it (PS4 Pro).

same here, i had one crash in combat with 5 enemies, around 10hours played now and i had no(!) bugs so far...and i don´t see much of the jank people describe, in 30 years i played far far jankier games than this here...it fits the AA moniker. Hell there are far jankier AAA games out there than this game. For such a small team it is great what they have accomplished imo.

Only thing i would say : on PS4Pro is the performance is not consistent, there are framerate skips in Whitechapel more than in the Docks and when turning the cam it is not smooth. When running through an suburb sometimes it hitches a little. Also, the fog is popping in sometimes, you see no fog and suddenly it pops in. but after playing an hour you don´t recognize this too much. Maybe they can iron out these issues because the PC version seems really supersmooth to me (from videos) so i think it is not really greatly optimized for PS4Pro.

Maybe there is also a Day One Patch pending, but as i said there was already an 7GB patch

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
(legit wondering) has there ever been a game, or let's say recent game (last 5 years-ish), where such preorder DLC was not made available later and stayed preorder-only?More_Badass

I don't have a super-good example, but I'm pretty sure the pre-order item+pet for Pillars of Eternity is one, unless it's bundled into the "Royal Edition" and I'm missing it. That game even has a backer-only achievement, which IMO is crazy.

Given the volume of games that come out I'm sure it happens a lot, I just wouldn't notice it normally.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just took the plunge and bought the game on Steam based on the comments and discussion by people who played the game. It sounds cool. I really like the idea of the dialogue and the interconnected nature of the NPCs.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Well I dunno if I did something bad or not but things have all gone wrong!

I just finished the mission where I had to find out if the Hamilton chap killed someone in the hospital. Did all the sewer bit, finished the mission and let him live. Then I went to a hideout to upgrade and sleep.

Tried going back to see him after that but the front is blocked. So I go in and the place has been taken over by high level enemies and he himself is hostile and feral now. And some npcs in the whole area have also turned and are high levelled hostile enemies now too.

I only went to sleep!

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
at this point i'm wondering if it runs at 60 fps with a 1050 ti so me and my ps4 buddies can play it on my laptop and cut the cost greatly.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
so, i found out how to heal people, which is not explained in the game anywhere, i was wondering what i was missing but here you go:
when you open the conversation window, push R2 and THEN R1...that isn´t even prompted on screen which is a glaring omission, because on the mesmerise side it says "L2, then L1" but on the heal side its only R2 and then nothing which indicates how you really heal .-)

so i could heal people only now in Chapter 3...should be patched to give the R1 prompt on screen because i think many people will be confused as i was

This is wrong.

It is explained, exactly at that point where you can heal someone for the first time, right before chapter 3.
They don't need a button prompt up to this point because you don't even have the ingredients to even build a medicine until here.
And when you have, they explain it with a big prompt right at the screen.

Oh and it's just R1/RB, not R2/RT and then R1/RB.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

I just finished the mission where I had to find out if the Hamilton chap killed someone in the hospital. Did all the sewer bit, finished the mission and let him live. Then I went to a hideout to upgrade and sleep.

Tried going back to see him after that but the front is blocked. So I go in and the place has been taken over by high level enemies and he himself is hostile and feral now. And some npcs in the whole area have also turned and are high levelled hostile enemies now too.

I only went to sleep!

Damn that's awesome.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Might check this out after it comes out and see some more overall impressions. One of my co-workers has been raving about this game since the first teaser trailer came out lol. He seems to think its heavily inspired by the old Vampire The Masquerade, which I always wanted to play but never got around to it.

Dontnod dont seem to have the best trackrecord though so im abit cautious with this one. Is this done by the Styx devs, or the guys that did their other games?

Monarch1501

Designer @ Dontnod
Verified
Nov 2, 2017

I only went to sleep!

Lol.
You put too much faith in him bro. Did you have the third option unlocked the moment you had to choose what to do with him ?

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Lol.
You put too much faith in him bro. Did you have the third option unlocked the moment you had to choose what to do with him ?

I didn't, I just had the two.

I'm trying to play it as being nice and not killing anyone unless I have to.

It'll be a while before I go back there though, one of the Paxtons is now a scary high level monster and she's scared me off!

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Might check this out after it comes out and see some more overall impressions. One of my co-workers has been raving about this game since the first teaser trailer came out lol. He seems to think its heavily inspired by the old Vampire The Masquerade, which I always wanted to play but never got around to it.

Dontnod dont seem to have the best trackrecord though so im abit cautious with this one. Is this done by the Styx devs, or the guys that did their other games?
Dontnod has nothing to do with Styx. Their games are Remember Me, Life Is Strange, and now Vampyr