• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOL easily the PC.

through out my journey in life i discovered there's people who don't bind keys to their liking in KB&M so if the base bindings are shit the whole thing is bad
though gotta say mouse movement is janky.

The performance thread it seems like a lack of patches and not very optimized, so just thought I'd ask, especially if it's likely to get better console patch support. Also with hdr on my OLED I may end up going for it on the X.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on Xbox one x vs an 8700k 1070 PC for this?
cmon dude

easily the pc

The performance thread it seems like a lack of patches and not very optimized, so just thought I'd ask, especially if it's likely to get better console patch support. Also with hdr on my OLED I may end up going for it on the X.
Really? Runs amazing on my rig, you can unlock the framerate btw, check pcgamingwiki mate

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I made it to West End and the enemies here are quite challenging. Though, i see myself being OP again after my next level up. Found the daughter of a certain someone who wants to become a vampire. I almost drank from her, just to see how her mother would react. But nah, i'm a good vampire, for this playthrough at least :P

The boss fight at the cemetery
I killed the civillian by accident. I didn't know if this would have inluenced the ending i might get, so i let Mary kill me. Next try i let her kill him. That prolonged the battle somewhat, but better safe than sorry.

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed this for a reasonable price and having a good time with it so far. I like the social element and I'm trying to not eat people.

Game direly needs a fast travel system though. Kinda getting tired of running between districts already.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed this for a reasonable price and having a good time with it so far. I like the social element and I'm trying to not eat people.

Game direly needs a fast travel system though. Kinda getting tired of running between districts already.
yep game would be much improved with fast travel

PC is pretty bad, too. Even when locking it to 30 you get awful stuttering when it's loading in new areas. This reminds me of rime all over again. Support is absolute shit on pc, the devs have gone silent.
can I ask your specs?

I'm all maxed out 1080p and getting 90s with a GTX 970

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
PC is pretty bad, too. Even when locking it to 30 you get awful stuttering when it's loading in new areas. This reminds me of rime all over again. Support is absolute shit on pc, the devs have gone silent.
This is a bit hyperbolic--stutters are one thing, and it is unfortunate, but I am getting often 60fps at 1080p on a gtx 1050. It's not "shit", though it could be better.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
This is a bit hyperbolic--stutters are one thing, and it is unfortunate, but I am getting often 60fps at 1080p on a gtx 1050. It's not "shit", though it could be better.

I'm telling you my experience with the game. Your game running fine is good and all and I'm glad you aren't having major problems with it. On my end it is as I said, shit.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
A lot of the characters are sick and I'm in the West End doing story missions and don't feel like going back to nurse them lol

Can they die if I don't heal them soon?

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
A lot of the characters are sick and I'm in the West End doing story missions and don't feel like going back to nurse them lol

Can they die if I don't heal them soon?

Don't take my word for it because I healed everyone I could, but I did have a handful of people with level three diseases I didn't find cures for and they never died. I only slept three or four times.

I also noticed the map has a legend for "Character in Critical Condition," or something to that effect. I never actually saw it pop up on my map but I assume it shows you characters who will die the next day if they aren't healed.

Either way I'm pretty sure the game doesn't forcibly make time pass at any point once you're at West End, so you could just do story missions for awhile and take your time visiting districts to pass out meds.

Oct 25, 2017
Noir York City
Man. In Whitechapel at the end of Chapter 2, the

Charm option for Nurse Crane really fucked me. I didn't think it'd make her just vanish and fuck up the whole district.

Very grouchy at that.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yes

You guys need to sleep less. Sleep only when you feel you absolutely have to level up otherwise you will keep dying.

I figured that out pretty quickly.

I don't know if this affects things or not, but does sleeping in a given district only allow for the possibility of people in that district to get sick while you're sleeping? Or can people from other districts become ill as well? It seemed like if I slept in Pembrooke Hospital district, then it was only those citizens that could possibly become ill overnight.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured that out pretty quickly.

I don't know if this affects things or not, but does sleeping in a given district only allow for the possibility of people in that district to get sick while you're sleeping? Or can people from other districts become ill as well? It seemed like if I slept in Pembrooke Hospital district, then it was only those citizens that could possibly become ill overnight.

It seemed that everyone got sick at the same rate for me.
I usually guaranteed that before I went to sleep, everyone was Healing from their previous problems. Also, if seems that if you don't discover some citizens, they have their "health state" frozen.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It seemed that everyone got sick at the same rate for me.
I usually guaranteed that before I went to sleep, everyone was Healing from their previous problems. Also, if seems that if you don't discover some citizens, they have their "health state" frozen.

The worst one I ever saw was one time when I woke up, suddenly about nine or ten new people came down with something. Mostly fatigue, but a few colds too. It was the docks, too. One of those areas with a huge population.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
There were hints that Charm could have sideeffects :)

I haven't reached this choice yet, but am happy to have been spoiled for it because...

I don't think that note is super clear about it affecting a choice, but I also don't think it's a problem cause it's a case of lore being taken more seriously than you expect. Even having read it, I might have made the assumption it'd be ok but I also don't exactly know the context of the choice just yet. But I don't like making such disastrous decisions without knowing it, so I'm glad people pointed it out in this case, since I probably would have done it and greatly regretted it in an unfun way.

Personally I haven't killed anyone yet but assume I'll fuck up some later thing anyway so I'm not really saying I'm defintely going no killing, cause if I expect that it'll just annoy me much more when I fuck up. But since I'd still like that chance for now... it's nice to be able to avoid it while I'm still figuring stuff out.

Oct 27, 2017
Yooooo, I decided to mix things up a bit in Chapter 5 and I'm fucking loving it.

Finally embraced my first victim...Aloysius Dawson. The game made it abundantly clear that he was deserving of such a fate. Returned to the hospital, had my battle with McCullum, and decided I was going to turn him into a vampire. Not sure how much this will affect the ending I get, but diverting from my goody two shoes run has made the game more enjoyable.

Currently sitting on a mountain of XP but I don't want to sleep until I've cured the districts of their various illnesses. I've only tended to the hospital so far, and need to find resources to make more cures.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There were hints that Charm could have sideeffects :)

Not really, it was a horribly telegraphed choice.

The spare choice seemed like more hot air considering the whole prior conversation had you telling her to stop doing that and her repeatedly saying that she wouldn't. The conversation 100% telegraphed that talking to her was not an option that would lead to anything meaningful. Meanwhile the charm option (which required effort to even have unlocked) insinuated you would make her forget the information used for blackmail instead leading to her becoming an invalid that forgot everything.

It was a case of horrible design that isn't even sold as Reid thinking he would do one thing but then not understanding his power

It's made me lose interest in the game, got halfway through chapter 3 and stopped just because I feel like a game so focused on choice and consequence failed to really deliver on that. It was a case of the issue this game has had of the "mass effect issue" where dialogue options on the wheel are not really at all matched with the actual dialogue thrown out but with the worse concession of this one leading to an irreversible consequence.

Shibi

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if I have a glitch or just completely missed something.
I'm at the beginning of Chapter 5 when you are trying to get into Dawson's mansion, the quest marker is at the entrance to the sewers, but I have already been through the sewers to Temple church (Including defeating the boss and saving Louise) So I don't know if I just missed something down there or if the quest is borked.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I can't tell if I have a glitch or just completely missed something.
I'm at the beginning of Chapter 5 when you are trying to get into Dawson's mansion, the quest marker is at the entrance to the sewers, but I have already been through the sewers to Temple church (Including defeating the boss and saving Louise) So I don't know if I just missed something down there or if the quest is borked.

Did you make it Dawson's house? You have to use the sewers to bypass a quarantine barrier that prevents you from getting there from West End.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glitched in chapter 3, can't enter the sewer lol

When I click to open the gate, I'm took to a loading screen then loaded back into a hideout, and I need to do everything again like speak to Sean and the two sisters?

Neku

Nov 1, 2017
I've been apparently glitched since the beginning of the game but didn't realize it till I got very close to the end of the game. Needed the morgue basement key which I guess you get relatively early on but I got bugged out.

Can't finish the game at all, have to reset/delete my save

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Guess I'll do some actual doctor work and go nurse the townspeople all over again tonight...or I could feast also.

I've only killed one person the entire game
Sean Hampton.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I got fed up and just decided to kill people killed
the first dude after first saving him and nurse craine

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, the opening hours of this game are incredibly rough. Aside from the performance being absolutely atrocious on PS4, some of the design decisions are just completely baffling to me. Currently in Chapter 2, combat feels stale to a point of being an annoyance, mostly because the enemies' grapples for blood sometimes connect even if I very clearly dodged them. The sequence in the morgue was also completely inexplicable.

I beat the boss and completed the main quest, and then I returned outside, only to return back immediately because of an Investigation I forgot to do while inside. The game clearly didn't count with this option since all the enemies were suddenly 3-4 levels above me and in huge numbers. So I managed to sneak past them, complete the objective and then I accidentally triggered one enemy. This resulted in me having seven enemies on my ass and being locked in the fucking basement. Why can't you run from indoor encounters? I thought combat was pretty secondary to this game and they even promoted a "no kill" run. My best chance right then was to die and spawn again at the staircase with the side quest already completed. What kind of bullshit is that? Seriously, if this weren't a Dontnod game, I would consider dropping it, because everything I've witnessed so far (aside from the story and dialogue) has been ranging from spotty to garbage.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished chapter 3, with that graveyard fight

Y2eG.gif

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, the opening hours of this game are incredibly rough. Aside from the performance being absolutely atrocious on PS4, some of the design decisions are just completely baffling to me. Currently in Chapter 2, combat feels stale to a point of being an annoyance, mostly because the enemies' grapples for blood sometimes connect even if I very clearly dodged them. The sequence in the morgue was also completely inexplicable.

I beat the boss and completed the main quest, and then I returned outside, only to return back immediately because of an Investigation I forgot to do while inside. The game clearly didn't count with this option since all the enemies were suddenly 3-4 levels above me and in huge numbers. So I managed to sneak past them, complete the objective and then I accidentally triggered one enemy. This resulted in me having seven enemies on my ass and being locked in the fucking basement. Why can't you run from indoor encounters? I thought combat was pretty secondary to this game and they even promoted a "no kill" run. My best chance right then was to die and spawn again at the staircase with the side quest already completed. What kind of bullshit is that? Seriously, if this weren't a Dontnod game, I would consider dropping it, because everything I've witnessed so far (aside from the story and dialogue) has been ranging from spotty to garbage.
You can kill every enemy in the game even if they're 10 or more levels above you, no need to avoid combat encounters. Learn to lock on, dodge and attack (Shadow Mist is also useful when going against larger groups, level 1 will be enough), upgrade your favorite weapon regularly (for levels 2 and 3 you should get the crafting materials from exploration, for levels 4 and 5 it's best to save money to purchase them from merchants instead of waiting for high lvl enemies to drop them), keep investing xp in raising health and endurance and don't waste xp on having all active skills (actually I'd only recommend Autophagy upgrade and Blood Barrier and then wait until you're allowed to purchase Abyss).

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the game yesterday and did all the side quests except one (because I didn't know I was approaching the point of no return and game wouldn't allow me back), I didn't feed on anyone. I liked the game, the atmosphere and everything but I have two huge issues with the game. First is that the combat needs some refinement to really make it feel good and not clunky due to the fact that you are fighting in corridors and confined spaces so many times. Quite a lot of time your dodge will become useless because of the corridor nature of the arena as you won't be able to evenly circle around due to the shape. I think letting Jonathan pass through objects when he dodged in mist form would've been better and prevent getting stuck mid combat.

The other issue, and this is the big one, I have is the ending. Everything about it is just so disappointing and also it all boils down to whether you killed or not rather than who you killed/fed on. The epilogue is badly done as well. A lot of it also doesn't make sense from writing point of view and causes a ludonarrative dissonance.

Up until the ending this was a solid game for me with some flaws but imo the ending of Vampyr kind of....sucks (lol)

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017

You won't want enemies at or level or even 1-2 levels above you in this game since they go down in 1-2 hits. That's part of why feeding on citizens makes this game ridiculously easy and not feeding makes it somewhat challenging. But even then enemies being 3-4 levels above you is nothing, it's only when they are 8-10 levels above you when they pose a challenge and even then you can just steamroll past them after a certain point in the game due to your abilities and equipments.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Just finished the game. Really, really liked it. How this game has a metascore of only 74% is beyond me. I mean sure, "objectively" the combat is not very diverse, graphics not revolutionary, animations not all that great. But it has a cool story, cool characters, is generally fun to play, has interesting mechanics and just so much SOUL.

(in a perfect world where the 1-10 scale is used properly, I could see a 74% making sense, but not in the way it is used and has been used in gaming since basically forever. Then again Detroit also sits at only 79%, so I guess I simply should not orientate on MC/OC scores.)

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
So I think I've just fucked up my instance of the city. I kind of figured why White Chapel went to shit, but I just had the Docks go bad and I don't know why.

I picked the option to trust Sean. Next time I rest, the drunk is a big werewolf looking dude, one of the sisters turned, the other joined Priwen and Sean had lost it. The only other thing I had done prior was put up signs for the guy hunting vampires

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The spare choice seemed like more hot air considering the whole prior conversation had you telling her to stop doing that and her repeatedly saying that she wouldn't. The conversation 100% telegraphed that talking to her was not an option that would lead to anything meaningful. Meanwhile the charm option (which required effort to even have unlocked) insinuated you would make her forget the information used for blackmail instead leading to her becoming an invalid that forgot everything.

It was a case of horrible design that isn't even sold as Reid thinking he would do one thing but then not understanding his power

It's made me lose interest in the game, got halfway through chapter 3 and stopped just because I feel like a game so focused on choice and consequence failed to really deliver on that. It was a case of the issue this game has had of the "mass effect issue" where dialogue options on the wheel are not really at all matched with the actual dialogue thrown out but with the worse concession of this one leading to an irreversible consequence.
Damn, is this what happens when you pick that choice? I chose that and haven't slept yet since finishing chapter 2, so I had no idea it was the wrong thing. This sucks.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
The lack luster combat and performance issues are one thing but holy fucking shit I just booted it up for today and I just absolutely hate traversing this damn city. I need to get to the west end so here I am running to every god damn entrance on the map and NOPE locked door. Try to go back to an area I had already been to in order to take a short cut, locked door. Seriously, fuck this.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I let
him feed on me

I regretted it instantly
Lol, you should probably tag that.

Yep, that's exactly what happened to me. I ended up putting the game away and haven't touched it since. Probably never will again to be honest.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, from reading replies here and my own experiences it feels like this game could have used a bigger budget and a couple more passes to help them achieverheir ambitions.

It is a solid AA game that I think a lot of folla would have been happier with @$50-40. It is kind of a mental thing

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack luster combat and performance issues are one thing but holy fucking shit I just booted it up for today and I just absolutely hate traversing this damn city. I need to get to the west end so here I am running to every god damn entrance on the map and NOPE locked door. Try to go back to an area I had already been to in order to take a short cut, locked door. Seriously, fuck this.
The quest marker should show you the available passageway (I believe it was the one in Whitechapel). Try to advance in the main story until you unlock the entire West End district. But yeah, I agree the system is flawed. I was mad when I encountered a temporarily locked gate connecting Whitechapel district and the cemetery at some point during the game. What's funny is that the same passageway was available before certain things happened in the main storyline and the whole point of locking it was so that Reid would encounter (more important) vampire hunters on his way to the next quest marker. Or another example - the gate by the river to the north of the hospital keeps getting locked and you have to go through the sewers again to reach it from the other side.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, from reading replies here and my own experiences it feels like this game could have used a bigger budget and a couple more passes to help them achieverheir ambitions.

It is a solid AA game that I think a lot of folla would have been happier with @$50-40. It is kind of a mental thing

I agree with that, I got it for $30 and it feels perfect at that price(not counting pc issues.)

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017

I bought it for less than $50 as part of the Amazon Prime deal for new games. I haven't started it yet but I have a feeling I will enjoy it so I don't really care.