- Oct 24, 2017
So... I thought I was thorough in investigating all the citizens, I even triggered a lot of eavesdropping events etc. but apparently I missed some crucial hints:
I got to Aloysius Dawson and I had the choice to either turn him into a vampire or kill him. There was a 3rd option, presumably the typical "Charm" option, but it was greyed out and said "hint required", and sure enough I had 0/2 hints for that guy. Any idea where they were?
I wonder if they were in the theatre or not. Earlier in the story I went there and wanted to explore it more thoroughly but I accidentally came across the boss, and it locked me out of the theatre. But I know there's stuff in there that I missed, like I know the side-quest for the Brotherhood journal for that fortune teller dude has to be in there. I have to go back there now for the story so at least I can probably still complete that investigation, but I wonder if I missed some hints for Aloysius earlier. Or were they somewhere else? But if so, where?
In the end I totally murdered Dawson of course. Fuck that guy and fuck those snobbish, imperialistic, elitist, uptight arseholes at Ascalon. :)
His hints came from asking people about him, I only found one and I think that was in the area near the church. The third option is to charm him but the result is pretty much the same as what you got, he dies and you are kicked out of the ascalon club.
After that, back in the hospital,I had the choice to turn McCullum or to spare him. I spared him, but only verrrrry reluctantly. I would have been so damn satisfying to turn him... xD I kinda regret it already lol. But hopefully there's some reward for that later...
If you spare him he helps you out later on with something in the main quest and he won't attack you anymore.
Edit: oh fuck, there's no NG+ mode in this game. I really wanted to replay it by checking out different story choices, but no NG+ makes this a bit of a bummer... :(
I'm presuming it's because you embracedI finished this just now. Man, the feels... But I'm really wondering about something.
According to some guide I looked up, I had the "worst" ending, the one at the bottom of this list:
But, it says you have to kill just about everyone and condemn every district etc... I only killed a handful of NPCs, and never once let a district turn hostile. What the hell? According to this guide I should have had the 2nd one, or at worst the 3rd one. :(
Can anyone explain this?
Here's the list of NPCs I embraced:
- Clay Cox
- Edgar Swansea (to put him out of his misery, dammit! I felt bad for the dude)
- Seymour Fishburn
- Dyson Delaney
- Sean Hampton
- Father Whitaker
- Albert Palmer
- Cadogan Bates
- Carolyn Price
- Aloysius Dawson
- Carina Billow (to put her out of her misery ;_; )
I also fed on the Vicar during the fight against Mary to prevent her from healing herself. But yeah, never Embraced more than 3 NPC per district. Near the end, some districts were Critical, but not Hostile, and I never saw the Hostile status. So yeah... I don't get it. :( I mean OK I was kind of a monster but not THAT much of a monster, dammit!
That might be it, but in this case, those guides are definitely wrong. Also all my districts never went hostile, dammit :(
As already mentioned if you want the best ending you can't embrace any of the characters, you might need to look up the pillar characters as they aren't as obvious to avoid embracing.
Use your vampire abilities wisely in battle. It will make the combat more efficient and more fun. Exploit enemy weaknesses, and constantly top up your blood meter to use those abilities, as regular melee hits can be weak.
Don’t sleep until you have a ton of points banked. I never had to micromanage anything because there was nothing to manage- I just cured the districts and then slept so rarely that it was easy every time.After this got added to Gamepass I decided to give this a try on Xbox One and it started out pretty hopeful, but after a few hours I'm just ready to stop playing.
I think I've given the game a more than fair chance by playing up to about the start of Chapter 4, but I think I'm done. I'm just not having fun and I don't see the game improving as I continue given the complaints I have.
- The Micro Managing of districts is already getting annoying. It seems that status will drop at the slightest thing, even if you're 'good' things just keep going to shit and suddenly most of the people in a district will spontaneously develop medical conditions that drastically lower district status, but when cured will not restore it by as much.
- Getting around is just a pain in the arse. The game world is like a maze and you don't exactly move around very quickly. Everything is ridiculously spread out and the complete lack of any kind of fast travel system means that getting around is a chore. Most vendors aren't really near hide outs, so if you discover you need some components to make a serum/cure/weapon upgrade you've got to spend at least 10-15 minutes going back and forth, maybe longer if the vendor you need is in another district.
- The constant loading. Oh god the constant loading. Just going from Point A to Point B you can run into 2 loading screens that just completely halt the game for about 10-15 seconds at a time. Maybe the PC version is better but the Xbox version is just ridiculous.
You get an achievement for healing 10 people but that's about it. There are achievements for turning districts hostile though, one for one district and another for all of them.