• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
vampyrsysreqsv1sbr.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
GameGPU (Russian; launch build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Skip intro videos: Navigate to SteamApps\common\Vampyr\AVGame\Content\Criware\Movies\Startup and delete the files. (Credit to Paragon.)
Remove the frame rate cap: Follow the instructions here. You may need to set the file to read-only. (Credit to MrH.)
Fix field of view when using an ultra-wide resolution: Use this tool. (Credit to jackfuste @ WSGF via HotHotHot.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Resolution: Self-explanatory
Vsync: Off/On
Fullscreen: Off/On (borderless window/exclusive fullscreen)

Texture quality: Low; Med; High; Ultra
Material quality level: Low; Med; High
Shadow quality: Low; Med; High
Effects quality: Low; Med; High; Ultra
Anti-aliasing: Off; FXAA 2x; FXAA 4x; FXAA 6x; TXAA 2x; TXAA 4x; TXAA 6x
Post-process quality: Low; Med; High; Ultra
Scatter density: Low; High
View distance: Low; Med; High; Ultra
Resolution scale: 70%; 80%; 90%; 100%

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading now. Curious to see how it runs considering both the Remember Me and Life is Strange ports were not without their faults.

Do we know if this runs on Unreal? Was glad that LiS ran on Unreal because of all the exposed parameters available to adjust via .ini files.

LorentzFactor

Oct 25, 2017
Just started it and am thrilled to see it support Ultrawide 3440x1440 resolution. Cutscenes look like they may only be 16:9 though, but looks good

Nov 14, 2017
If anyone can tell me how it is on an R9 380 (or GTX 960) and an i3 (6100) or something similar I would appreciate it.

Still don't know if the port is up to par.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if this runs on Unreal? Was glad that LiS ran on Unreal because of all the exposed parameters available to adjust via .ini files.
It's running on UE4 and the config files are located in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\AVGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\"

Appears to support 21:9 during gameplay, but not cutscenes or videos. Nope turns out that it's VERT- even in the pillarboxed cutscenes.
It's frustrating that developers appear to actually be encoding black bars into their letterboxed videos rather than having them display fullscreen on a 21:9 display automatically.
Looks like it's capped to ~62 FPS.

No FoV controls that I can see.
Gamepad + Mouse inputs appear to work - though I have not tested to see whether it switches to giving you keyboard prompts the second you touch a mouse (games should not).
Mouse input is very sensitive even at 0, and appears to suffer from acceleration with no option to disable it.

Last edited:

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
There may be a better way to do this via a config file or launch command, but deleting or renaming this directory skips the intro videos:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Vampyr\AVGame\Content\Criware\Movies\Startup

Gsync doesn't seem to be working, I'm still getting tearing.
G-Sync works in fullscreen mode for me. Windowed-mode G-Sync is broken on NVIDIA drivers past 391.35 on the latest version of Windows 10.
The game keeps my monitor at 100Hz, but check that yours hasn't been switched to 60Hz, since that can cause tearing if G-Sync is not set up correctly.

Last edited:

HotHotHot

Oct 27, 2017
The game doesn't support 21:9 properly in gameplay. You need to edit Engine.ini in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\AVGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\" and add the following to actually get a Hor+ image.

Code:
[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]

AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Comparison images.

Nov 6, 2017
Game has terrible mouse acceleration. Any way to disable it? I've tried adding these to a few of the cfg files but it doesnt work.
bEnableMouseSmoothing=false
bViewAccelerationEnabled=false

Any ideas?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately the default 21:9 support is pretty bad. In addition to the aforementioned 16:9 cutscenes, the game's 21:9 during gameplay is just zoomed in so that the horizontal borders hit the edge of the monitor. Will be great when someone finds an FOV parameter to fix this.

Edit: Beaten! Thanks HotHotHot

Edit2: The FOV seems a little TOO wide with this fix unfortunately.

Last edited:

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
The game doesn't support 21:9 properly in gameplay. You need to edit Engine.ini in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\AVGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\" and add the following to actually get a Hor+ image.
Confirmed.
I started a new game again, and it turns out that the cutscenes pillarboxed to 16:9 were also displaying as VERT-
So while the view did expand, it's still cropped compared to how it looks at a 16:9 resolution.
Fuck Epic for making VERT− the default in Unreal Engine and insisting that it is the "right" way to do it.
Code:
[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]

AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Comparison images.
The problem is that this does not display correctly, and often breaks completely if a game has effects that temporarily adjust the FoV.
It almost seems like it assigns the HFOV value to VFOV instead, which results in a stupidly high FoV.

Coolade

Oct 27, 2017
Had the same issue with hell blade but the wide FOV in the fix just made me go back to default settings.

Last edited:

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
980Ti. 1440p max settings with vsync , and it's running at a stable 60fps. No slowdowns or hiccups. Just played for 40 minutes though.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
8600k + 1080ti for locked 60@ 4k i need to use 90% res scale and max settings

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Nope, I have a 144Hz monitor so it would be 144fps if I had vsync enabled, it's the same cap with it on and off unfortunately.

Can you do the usual UE3 thing and change to bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE in the <GameName>Engine.ini?

Already tried it with no luck.

EDIT:

Add:

[/script/engine.engine]
bSmoothFrameRate=false

to engine.ini located at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AVGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

rjmLfJgl.jpg

Last edited:

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Unlock framerate

Go to:
"C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\AVGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini"
Change FrameRateLimit=0.000000 to 144.000000

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it so difficult for developers to put out competent PC releases now?
It seems like every big game I've bought in the last year or so has had basic issues like bad mouse support at launch.

Add:
[/script/engine.engine]
bSmoothFrameRate=false

to engine.ini located at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AVGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
Go to:
"C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\AVGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini"
Change FrameRateLimit=0.000000 to 144.000000
Neither of those settings are doing anything here.

EDIT:
I don't know what is going on, but for some reason opening and saving these files with Notepad++ (the Windows Store version) is doing something weird, as the changes are "saved" in Notepad++ but the file is untouched if I open it in regular Windows Notepad.
Making the changes via Notepad works, and the framerate is unlocked.
I recommend setting the framerate to something higher than your refresh rate and using RTSS as the limiter, as the frame-pacing is bad with the UE4 limiter.

Last edited:

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a 970 + i5-3570k at 1440p with gsync and I'm getting huge drops and tons of stuttering with most stuff dropped to medium. I've even done the .ini tweaks and dropped some stuff to low and it's not making a difference.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
i7 2600k and a 970. Everything on max at 1080p. It's a pretty steady 60fps so far. With vsync on it's on about 50-60% GPU usage and barely 40% CPU. If the world opens up a bit I guess that will affect it but so far so good.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that this does not display correctly, and often breaks completely if a game has effects that temporarily adjust the FoV.
It almost seems like it assigns the HFOV value to VFOV instead, which results in a stupidly high FoV.
Yup.

In general, the ultrawide situation is a mess with this game. Looks like I'll pass.

Could fix it with cheat engine but I'd rather not.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
IB @ 4.4 and a stock 970 I'm getting 60fps during the first 30 minutes. Everything at max except for AA, I have it at the second highest.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with a 970? I can report in once I get out of work and download the game.
I have a 970 and the game performs alright. I have everything on high except for shadow quality and view distance. Game runs around 60 FPS on average with dips to the mid 40s whenever there are too many light sources.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Locked 62 FPS experience on a i7-8700K/GTX 1070/16GB DDR4/SSD.

Runs and looks great for me, haven't had a single dip and everything is completely maxed out at 1440p.

Gonna unlock my frame rate and see what I get.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have any impressions from an AMD card or setup? Looking for RX 580 (480 works too) impressions but others would work as well.

If anyone has Ryzen that would be interesting to hear about too. Running a 1600/RX 580 setup and I'm not sure if I'm gonna pick this one up. But if there's no performance issues I might.

Kneecap

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not clear on the effect of the "Resolution-Scale" option. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the highest (100%) and lowest (70%) is?

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not clear on the effect of the "Resolution-Scale" option. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the highest (100%) and lowest (70%) is?
HUD elements should be rendered at your selected resolution while the game itself will be rendered at a lower resolution.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone tried with 8gb of ram?

My memory stick died and i only have 8gb now

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017

HUD elements should be rendered at your selected resolution while the game itself will be rendered at a lower resolution.

If you're playing at 1080p 100% would be 1080p, and 70% would be 70% of 1080p. I think.

I couldn't give you the exact numbers but here's a look at the lowest and highest (native). GPU usage drops about 20% between the two on a 970.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Haven't bought the game yet. Would appreciate it if someone with a 1070 would unlock the framerate and report the max fps they are hitting at 1080p. I have a 120Hz display so am very interested.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
6700k @ 5GHz, GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz

It's not running great, lots of hitching and a very sporadic frame rate. During the first 30 minutes or so it was fine, usually around 100fps, even going as high as 200fps but once you get to the first main area performance tanks massively. I was getting sub 60fps at times which really isn't acceptable with my computer. This was on ultra preset at 1080p.

HotHotHot

Oct 27, 2017

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
PtVwL8hh.jpg

Lowest settings/everything off: 95fps
rIuN1mPh.jpg

Highest settings/everything on: 88fps

A 7fps different from min to max is nothing at all. I'm really not happy with how the game is running, this area isn't even close to being a worst case scenerio, if I went outside it drops to around 50fps (max settings). It's just a very choppy game IMO. Performance aside I really like what they've done with the game thus far.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't bought the game yet. Would appreciate it if someone with a 1070 would unlock the framerate and report the max fps they are hitting at 1080p. I have a 120Hz display so am very interested.

I got a 1070 and unlocked it gets about 100~ indoors and about 80-100~ out doors at 1440p so I'm sure you'll get even better numbers at 1080p. Really impressed with the performance in every way.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I got a 1070 and unlocked it gets about 100~ indoors and about 80-100~ out doors at 1440p so I'm sure you'll get even better numbers at 1080p. Really impressed with the performance in every way.
Game must be crazy CPU bound, for MrH right above your post to be doing so much worse with a 6700K and 1080. Your 8700K is doing work it seems.