• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The boyfriend going totally radio silent and not even announcing she's missing is an instant giant red flag.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So the last person she was seen with is not missing but isn't talking? I am sorry for her family, cause that never ends well

Oct 25, 2017
The boyfriend going totally radio silent and not even announcing she's missing is an instant giant red flag.
I can't imagine a scenario where a response like that is justified if he didn't do something awful. Even if she cheated on you, stole your sleeping bag and brought a rabid dog in your van you could afford to say "I didn't feel like traveling with her anymore"

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I was literally just reading the Washington Post article about this. The boyfriend flew back to Florida and got a lawyer but didn't report her missing to the police and is refusing to speak to journalists. It doesn't look good.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds absolutely awful, ugh. Preemptive condolences to the family because that boyfriend going radio silent regarding ALL information on her is about as big a red flag as there could possibly be. Hopefully phone records can help track here last known whereabouts but I'm sure the investigators don't want to tip their hand yet on what information they do/don't have.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I can't imagine a scenario where a response like that is justified if he didn't do something awful. Even if she cheated on you, stole your sleeping bag and brought a rabid dog in your van you could afford to say "I didn't feel like traveling with her anymore"

I would also imagine she wouldn't completely stop talking to her family as well in that scenario, I mean, it's possible, but she would more than likely at least let them know she was okay.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Missing for three weeks and the only person she was last with left her, lawyered up, refusing to talk to anyone....would seem to imply he killed her or something? Although he could make up any lie, he wanted in that situation but instead goes quiet.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China

What's this about a rabid dog?

JetBlackPanda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Missing for three weeks and the only person she was last with left her, lawyered up, refusing to talk to anyone....would seem to imply he killed her or something? Although he could make up any lie, he wanted in that situation but instead goes quiet.

Not saying a word unfortunately works if they find no evidence.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That is an insane story. Holy shit. Did he think nobody would notice if he just came home without her!? Hope they figure out what happened and send his ass to prison.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping they are safe, but the circumstances don't give a positive outlook.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this was one of those things where it might not have been an intent with murder, but some sort of manslaughter, where she accidently was killed during a fight or something. Still would count as a death, but would also explain that even if it was an accident (falling off a cliff or whatever) that he didn't want to be responsible and wouldn't talk. Crazy story though :/

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Could easily imagine a scenario where they had a fight and he left her behind in the wildness.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Honestly I'm hoping its this

North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said they are not ruling anything out, including that Gabrielle may not want to be found.

"We're hopeful that she's out there somewhere. People just sometimes don't want to communicate so that's certainly still a viable option," Taylor said. "But we have to prepare for something maybe more sinister."

Maybe she wanted to run away or something.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
If something did happen to her, her boyfriend isn't helping his case by not reporting anything and going radio silent.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this was one of those things where it might not have been an intent with murder, but some sort of manslaughter, where she accidently was killed during a fight or something. Still would count as a death, but would also explain that even if it was an accident (falling off a cliff or whatever) that he didn't want to be responsible and wouldn't talk. Crazy story though :/
I think this is probably what happened.

Oct 27, 2017
I have to wonder, is the boyfriends approach like maybe if I ignore everything it'll go away? The world's worst detective could immediately figure out what's going on here.

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone is told to never talk to the police. You can only hurt yourself by doing it. But when somebody actually follows that advice, they get branded as guilty.
Because he didn't report her missing, which looks guilty as fuck, not because he's refusing to talk to the police on advice of legal representation.

if you're being generous, that doesn't mean you're guilty of something I suppose, but if your first thought is to slink back home, contact a lawyer, and not inform the authorities of a potential situation, it ain't looking so hot for you being some innocent bystander.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
that's fucked. there's countless ways to make someone disappear in the places they were traveling, yellowstone especially.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder, is the boyfriends approach like maybe if I ignore everything it'll go away? The world's worst detective could immediately figure out what's going on here.
There's no evidence and being silent is not evidence (at least I think so). He's pretty much blocking all legal pathways. Unless the search finds something I doubt the police will be able to do much

JetBlackPanda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Because he didn't report her missing, which looks guilty as fuck, not because he's refusing to talk to the police on advice of legal representation.

So worst case scenario he gets hit with failure to report a missing person. Until they have any evidence of foul play she just disappeared at this point.

statements can be used against you if the smallest detail doesn't match up with whatever story investigators come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.