• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
A North Vancouver teenage boy sexually assaulted a girl inside a bathroom stall and his punishment is to spend two weeks behind bars before serving the rest of his three-year sentence in the community.

The teen, who was 16 at the time of the attack, was found guilty of aggravated sexual assault and forcible confinement. The attack happened at Encore Dance Club for an all-ages party in February 2016.

The victim was found in the bathroom with such severe injuries that she was taken to hospital in critical condition

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/protesters-wa...given-to-sexual-assault-perpetrator-1.4172091

This is local for me and a lot of us are horrified by the sentence. There was a big protest asking the judge be fired.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
The teen was also convicted of sexually assaulting a different girl just a few months before.

Judge Meyers found the teen has already faced social ramifications after being shunned from the community and not being able to graduate high school with his peers, which contributed to his sentencing.

Judge is a PoS and should be fired.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
The attacker was a repeat offender too?

Even just the singular attack makes it sound like an extremely lenient sentence...
And it didn't mention any mandatory mental health treatment either?

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
Judge Meyers found the teen has already faced social ramifications after being shunned from the community and not being able to graduate high school with his peers, which contributed to his sentencing.

Oh. Yeah. Definitely worthy of considering and weighing in for a two week sentence for rape.

I hope this Judge gets thrown out of the god damn province.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, that sounds like something a provincial judge would hand down. I haven't found a province yet that doesn't have dozens of dirtbags like this in the judiciary.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid that if this guy does kill someone the media will look back at his record and say why didn't anyone see the warning signs.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
This is just a green light for him to do it again.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Aka will someone please think of the real victim here?

I'm shocked he didn't blame the victims.

No way that judge should be behind a bench.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Rage-inducing.

The rape was so violent that the victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The rapist had a previous conviction for raping another girl.

But sure, let's think about the poor boy here. His life is already ruined!

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what I can say except a string of invective. This is utterly disgusting.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And people wonder why women who have been raped don't come forward...
How much shit the poor young girl must have gone through during the whole process of interviews and the trial, and the public scrutiny, and then, this judge is only concerned about the welfare of the rapist.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
He sexually assaulted two girls, but lets be careful and handle him with care.

Oct 25, 2017
So he's been shunned, kicked out of school, no prospects...

Yeah, he definitely won't go hurt anyone else as reprisal. Ugh. What a stupid and/or malicious judge.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
2 weeks...for his victim being in critical condition. I just...and with him being a repeat offender if anything should've resulted in a far more severe punishment. Oh noes he's being shunned. Well there was a real easy way for him not to be shunned by not being a fucking rapist. What the ever loving fuck.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018

Fuck everything and everyone. NO SHIT you face "social ramifications" after assaulting a girl so horribly she had to be rushed to the hospital. Of course people want to avoid that.

As always, there is more empathy for the rapist than the victim. And you know what? This is worse than the sentence itself. This justification is bone chilling. Imagine being put in a hospital after being violently raped, then hear about a judge saying THIS. And that's normal. This isn't even an unusual sentence in other countries, either.

People that scream about metoo and how poor, poor men are so ~worried now~ have no idea whatsoever about anything.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
it's good that he's not tried as an adult, regardless of the crime but.... two weeks, that's it? this is ridiculous... rehabilitation isn't even possible in that timeframe

he should be in a juvie until he's an adult... and still get to do some therapy or soemthing else after that for a while... what is the three years sentence in the community? Community work i guess but what exactly?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Even 2 years would've been a joke.
But 2 weeks ?
Funny how someone trialed for rape, which means a sexual act, so an adult act, is judged as a kid.

Let's not get naive, nowadays you have 14 to 16 years old who wants to act like adults. Let them face consequences as adults.

And what a fuckin joke that sentence is:
"Let's not outcast him. He wont be able to graduate with his buddies"
What about the victim here ? Did they have any thoughts on how she'll do socially after that ? Did they have any thoughts for her graduation ?

And people wonder why women dont report after rapes. When only a few cases arrives to court, they're met with such a joke of a sentencing.

Imagine a second having to go through such a violent rape, leading you to hospital, having to testify about it, tell about it, face your rapist to only see him free 2 weeks later.

Fuck this shit.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
it's good that he's not tried as an adult, regardless of the crime but.... two weeks, that's it? this is ridiculous... rehabilitation isn't even possible in that timeframe

he should be in a juvie until he's an adult... and still get to do some therapy or soemthing else after that for a while... what is the three years sentence in the community? Community work i guess but what exactly?

No, that's not good at all. At 16 if you think you're adult enough to violently rape someone, then you should be adult enough to serve 10 to 20 years in jail.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Boo fucking Hoo... won't someone think of the poor rapist's hurt feelings?

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
[QUOTEJudge Meyers found the teen has already faced social ramifications after being shunned from the community and not being able to graduate high school with his peers, which contributed to his sentencing.][/QUOTE]
Hahahaha....that's dumb. They should take away his license to be a judge.
What do you think will happen when you sexually assault someone? The community will like you more instead of shunning you?
A serial killer should not get a long ass jailtime, because the community doesn't like him/her anymore and can't get a job, he/she already had enough punishment, poor guy/girl :/

Nov 30, 2017
This is when I would beat the shit out of the suspect and break both his arms and legs since the judicial system failed big time if it happened to my sister.

Who am I kidding I would have done it anyway. And then watch me get a longer sentence for assault causing bodily harm than that guy for rape.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
This is when I would beat the shit out of the suspect and break both his arms and legs since the judicial system failed big time if it happened to my sister.

Who am I kidding I would have done it anyway. And then watch me get a longer sentence for assault causing bodily harm than that guy for rape.

You sound mentally disturbed. Torture revenge wouldn't be what your sister wants most likely.

Sentence is very light. Not a Canadian law expert but the perp being a minor I'm expecting played a role. Would've expected at least a sentencing through his childhood with intense services to rehabilitate.

Last edited:

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Fucking disgusting.

Where are all ERA's rehabilitation shills though? There's a repeat rapist that needs defending.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So the judge mentions that the accusation has "ruined his life", but seeing as the accusations are actually factually, legally true, shouldn't they ruin his life? He certainly didn't hesitate with those two girls, and he got away with it for free. Not exactly a good way to teach someone a lesson here. Let alone all that "justice" thing.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
Kid must be loaded, have connections or both.

Absolutely disgraceful, and disgusting. How is this kind of sentence even still on the books? Doubly so for a repeat offender. Do better Canada.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
So the judge mentions that the accusation has "ruined his life", but seeing as the accusations are actually factually, legally true, shouldn't they ruin his life? He certainly didn't hesitate with those two girls, and he got away with it for free. Not exactly a good way to teach someone a lesson here. Let alone all that "justice" thing.

Yep. And not just him but other potential rapists as well.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
This judge needs to be removed from their position. A 2 week sentence for an attack like this would be unforgivable if it was the little scumbag's first time, the fact it's a repeat offence makes it so much worse. Even if you buy the judge's twisted, shitty line of thinking, it makes no sense at all. He says the community has shunned the rapist scum, so he wants him to serve a 3 year sentence in that community? How does that make any sense?
All he's succeeded in doing is further torment the victims of this piece of shit, send the message to this piece of shit that crimes as awful as this go essentially unpunished, and increased the risk of vigilante attacks that could ruin the lives of other families depending on how severe the attack ends up being.
This piece of shit rapist should be kept away from civilised society, end of story. High security mental health facility, bare minimum.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A judge showing more sympathy for the creep than the rape victim?

What's his era account?

Anyway, must be affluenza or the judge did something like this himself

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I... Uhm. Wait. He's got multiple rape offenses and he's fucking sixteen? This last one resulted in a girl in critical condition?! And you're letting him out in two weeks? Fuck that, this dude a whole supervillain. You should give him ten years minimum. Fuck all that "tried as a minor" shit. The fact that he's a minor is the fucking problem. He's NOT going to get better as he ages.

Deckerd

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the article outlined the sentence, whether it included pre-sentence custody.

In Canada a youth sentence can't be longer than 2 years in most cases, sometimes 3.

It's up to the crown to make an application to have the youth sentenced as an adult.

2 weeks is ludicrous.

Edit: the following article provides more details https://www.nsnews.com/news/teen-jailed-just-two-weeks-for-violent-sex-assault-1.23476809

It sounds to me he received the maximum sentence of 3 years in custody. The way custody works for youth is that they serve 2\3 in jail and 1\3 in the community under supervision. Most likely he served the bulk of the in custody portion awaiting trial. judge really had no other option.

Prosecutor should've asked for an adult sentence.

Last edited: