• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I mean, why would you take advice from someone who doesn't know how to wear a flak jacket.

j0Pr5x.jpg

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Two weeks ago, according to a source, Bannon did a spitball analysis of the Cabinet to see which members would remain loyal to Trump in the event the 25th Amendment were invoked, thereby triggering a vote to remove the president from office. Bannon recently told people he's not sure if Trump would survive such a vote.

That is amazing, but I still can't imagine it actually happening.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He can go way lower. I know he's already in the ground but there's still the center of the Earth he can lower himself all the way down to.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated, I hate the word apoplectic because I've never heard it in conversation, and I'm never sure if I'm reading it right.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the outs listed in the article that he can derail the investigation...

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just waiting for Trump to attack North Korea or Iran to try and distract from this. Whether it works to do that is another question but I can totally see him melting down and trying any desperate measure to push a new narrative that isn't about the investigation.

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This bit is worrying:

Stone wants Trump to call for a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton's role in approving the controversial Uranium One deal that's been a locus of rightwing hysteria (the transaction involved a Russian state-owned energy firm acquiring a Canadian mining company that controlled a large subset of the uranium in the United States). It's a bit of a bank shot, but as Stone described it, a special prosecutor looking into Uranium One would also have to investigate the F.B.I.'s role in approving the deal, thereby making Mueller—who was in charge of the bureau at the time—a target. Stone's choice for a special prosecutor: Rudy Giuliani law colleague Marc Mukasey or Fox News pundit Andrew Napolitano. "You would immediately have to inform Mueller, Comey, and [Deputy Attorney General] Rod Rosenstein that they are under federal investigation," Stone said. "Trump can't afford to fire Mueller politically. But this pushes him aside."

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I knew what that word meant by reading Lovecraft. It's a lovely word that I never expected to read in a news headline.

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just started reading, but we've already got the token "Trump has X poll percentage, he's FUCKED" in the first paragraph. Should be a grounded read.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please resign.

Just tell your followers that you already solved all the problems, kicked out the brown people and built the wall. And there is nothing left to achieve. They'll believe you.

And if they qeuestion why there's still brown people, just blame it on your successor.

Then you can go back to Trump tower and golf and not have to worry about anything.

Until Mueller comes knocking.....

But your a genius, I'm sure you can outplay that boy scout. I mean, he probably doesn't even have a hot daughter.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i don't think even the Roger Stone fuckwitted plan would fly. it's just too obvious. the Uranium One thing is one of the worst attempts at deflection i've ever seen from the Republican propaganda machine. it's too dense and weird and obscure. usually they are a little better at coming up with some simple conspiracy theory.

also, can i just say: 33%. holy shit. i don't think that's ever happened in the US.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Please resign.

Just tell your followers that you already solved all the problems, kicked out the brown people and built the wall. And there is nothing left to achieve. They'll believe you.

This is probably true. As long as Trump says "WE DID IT!" and Fox says "HE DID IT!" Trump supporters will probably not care about what actually happens in America, and go on with their lives, blissful in the knowledge that they "won." If everything is fake news anyway, it really doesn't matter what they read in the papers or see in the streets, as long as Trump and Fox said it.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not trying to downplay this, but I feel like I read an article like this every few weeks, especially in regards to Trump's demeanor.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think even the Roger Stone fuckwitted plan would fly. it's just too obvious. the Uranium One thing is one of the worst attempts at deflection i've ever seen from the Republican propaganda machine. it's too dense and weird and obscure. usually they are a little better at coming up with some simple conspiracy theory.

also, can i just say: 33%. holy shit. i don't think that's ever happened in the US.
Truman, Nixon, Carter, HW, and W all hit the 20s in Gallup. Truman has the record low, at 22%.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/116677/...ings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
From the person that insists on loyalty no less. Everyone in that White House right now is looking to see who they can toss under the bus and get a good deal to stay out of jail. Kushner has no loyalty but to his family money and would probably love to turn over Trump if it means he doesn't end up repeating his dads jail time and I doubt he cares what his wife feels about it because he'll ask for a joint deal.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean why would you think that a dude with no experience that never had to struggle for anything would be a good adviser for the POTUS?

From the person that insists on loyalty no less. Everyone in that White House right now is looking to see who they can toss under the bus and get a good deal to stay out of jail. Kushner has no loyalty but to his family money and would probably love to turn over Trump if it means he doesn't end up repeating his dads jail time and I doubt he cares what his wife feels about it because he'll ask for a joint deal.

I think it's been very apparent over the months that Trump only expects loyalty but has none himself. He is constantly throwing people under the bus, it's baffling that people keep standing by him know this.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please resign.

And if they qeuestion why there's still brown people, just blame it on your successor.

Then you can go back to Trump tower and golf and not have to worry about anything.

Until Mueller comes knocking.....

But your a genius, I'm sure you can outplay that boy scout. I mean, he probably doesn't even have a hot daughter.
You joke but the second hes not President he gets slapped with handcuffs. The job Is the only thing saving him from prison.