• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Challenge 6 defeated... holy shit you really do feel like a golden god when you finally take down those last two Bogeys. Unbelievable game, still GOAT

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Vanquish is nuts!! Flawless 60fps on X and non-stop action. I feel like I should be inserting quarters into my console with how insanely arcade like this game is. Sooo good.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo, what the fuck

The trophies are glitched in Bayonetta

There's one where you complete chapters 8-11 on Normal difficulty and it hasn't appeared after I completed chapter 11.

Godddamit

Yeah seems like a widespread issue, happened to me too today and just looking at trophy stats, game completed is double the percentage of chapter 11 clear...

Someone said that replaying chapter 7 after game is complete can pop the missing cheevos

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Yeah seems like a widespread issue, happened to me too today and just looking at trophy stats, game completed is double the percentage of chapter 11 clear...

Someone said that replaying chapter 7 after game is complete can pop the missing cheevos
Yeah, I finally got them after beating chapter 5 on hard mode for some weird reason.

Hope the dev team can patch Bayo like they did Vanquish

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I do not like the English voices of Burns or Sam. Sam is just a bad version of Snake, and it doesn't suit his character.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I finally got them after beating chapter 5 on hard mode for some weird reason.

Hope the dev team can patch Bayo like they did Vanquish

Can also confirm that beating Chapter 7 boss again on normal after beating the game unlocks the glitched trophies. Annoying, but atleast it´s just the one boss fight.

And dear lawd all mighty how the Outrun and Afterburner levels have aged poorly, they last waaay too long and the camera is abysmal :D

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ithavoll building upper floor at 60fps is something if the PS3 version was the one I actively played.

I beat Bayonetta today and its still one hell of a game, but things like the insta death QTE and the fact you can easily miss Verses are kind of questionable. The vehicle levels are just bad, the music and the fact they're based on Sega classics kind of redeems them. Shuraba still is the go to weapon, the others feel far weaker in comparison. I can still parry and offset (or better yet, both during one combo), I played this game so much (got the plat before) that I probably can't unlearn it.

Vanquish was baller too, easily one of the best third person shooters ever. It doesn't let up, no filler, all out action. This pack is insanely good value for money.

Oct 29, 2017
Bayonetta is AMAZING, but the cutscenes are full of embarassing over the top sexualization, awful dialogue, annoying characters and stupid ass kids. Csnt wait to never watch them

I also forgot how nice the Paradiso environments look. I remember most of the game being drab so that was a kice surprise.

Jun 23, 2019
Uh can we talk about how much the installation process of the game is a shitshow? Why do I have to download Vanquish and now have three icons appear on my home screen to play the game? Why was it not just on one disc?

Oct 29, 2017
Uh can we talk about how much the installation process of the game is a shitshow? Why do I have to download Vanquish and now have three icons appear on my home screen to play the game? Why was it not just on one disc?

It's kind of strange but not really a bug deal. Bayonetta took me like 2 minutes to download, and if having 3 icons bothers you just put them in a folder

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Finally unlocked Jeanne, the real game starts when I finally unlock everything for her. Shes just cooler to me, probably the white hair.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I had 36 deaths on Normal and 83 on Hard in Vanquish. Unfortunately, when I played it on PS3 and 360 I always went back to the title screen after dying to make sure I got the Living Legend Achievement. So I can't compare how I did this time to 2011 and 2013.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Why did I just buy my 3rd copy of bayonetta even when I said I wasn't going to...

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Which is funny considering who voices Burns. They sound WAY too close, Sam really should have been more of a nerd-type, since he is a DARPA scientist
Sam is not a full nerd he's an ex college quarterback who's career was cut short by a knee injury. It's also why his grenade throw animation is what it is. Plus the cigarettes.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
That version of Fly Me to the Moon is indeed god-tier.
Man, how many versions do I own?
360 (physical, maybe digital too).
PS3 (physical and digital).
Wii U (physical, maybe digital).
Switch (physical and digital).
PS4 (phsyical).

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Holy crap, BOUGHT!

I might actually be able to beat
Jeanne
I feel it's almost impossible on the switch with the pro controller but I like the DS4 so much more.

Deleted member 7373

Has anyone done any tests to see if the damage numbers are still tied to Framerate for Vanquish? On the PC version you gained way more damage with 60fps than in 30fps: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/27/vanquish-you-take-more-damage-at-high-fps/ Especially the later challenges seem utterly impossible to me with that bug, considering how hard they were on 360.

I'm actually not sure if that ever got patched on PC.
It did get patched on PC, it is a lot closer now but actually went in the opposite direction (you take less damage at high FPS compared to 360 ver)
Patch log is here:
steamcommunity.com

UPDATE 6 (9 JUNE) PATCH V1.03 IS GO! :: Vanquish General Discussions

Thank you for supporting Vanquish on PC! We know some of you like your aspect ratios unlocked along with your framerates and resolutions. We’ve therefore added some unsupported features that can be enabled by launching the game with the following command lines (the easiest way to do this is to...

Last edited by a moderator:

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
It did get patched on PC, it is a lot closer now but actually went in the opposite direction (you take less damage at high FPS compared to 360 ver)
Patch log is here:
steamcommunity.com

Thank you for supporting Vanquish on PC! We know some of you like your aspect ratios unlocked along with your framerates and resolutions. We’ve therefore added some unsupported features that can be enabled by launching the game with the following command lines (the easiest way to do this is to...

Ah, thanks a lot! I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem on PS4 & Xbox One then.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
the trophy for beating Nonstop Infinite Climax didn't pop.

It's the only thing stopping me from getting the Plat.

I replayed Chapter V and nothing happened.

Halp.

edit: if this happens to you, replaying chapter 3 on NSIC will pop the trophy.

Last edited:

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Patch log is here:
steamcommunity.com

So you get less damage on PS4 too?
No one that can make a comparison please?

Last edited:

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the trophy for beating Nonstop Infinite Climax didn't pop.

It's the only thing stopping me from getting the Plat.

I replayed Chapter V and nothing happened.

Halp.

edit: if this happens to you, replaying chapter 3 on NSIC will pop the trophy.

Trophies are bugged. I didn't get half of the Normal run trophies until I replayed a chapter.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
Dunno if mentioned already, but the trophy bug got patched a few days ago.

Still hope they fix the crash bug for Bayonetta that happens when you repeatedly exit to the main menu and continue on the current checkpoint, it's way more noticeable for PP runs which is unacceptable. *sigh*

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So at this point, issues remaining are crash bug just mentioned above and the 60fps dmg issue in Vanquish? Anything else?