• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Already have it on BC so I'm more interested in a Vanquish 2. Would be awesome if it dropped cover and played like a third person Doom 2016.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Game is overrated here. I tried to get into about three times and just couldn't. The whole setting felt so sterile and bland.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo probably has some agreement with SEGA keeping the IP off competing consoles. She has been in a few mobile games lately, but nothing on PlayStation or Xbox (excluding BC).
None of this is happening. Nintendo simply owns the rights to the sequel and the additional content created for the Wii U version of Bayonetta 1. In fact, when Bayonetta 1 came to PC, Nintendo allowed them to use the Japanese voice track created specifically for that version. Bayonetta 1 on other platforms could happen, but it's entirely up to SEGA.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a patch is released for PC. Game cleans up well enough with a downscale, but better textures and shadows would be appreciated.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Woah, woah, woah... is this for real!? I just came from posting in the Bayonetta 3 thread to see this as the top thread and my heart skipped a beat (in slow mo')!

I'll buy it on any and every new system it comes to, but I feel like this could actually be really great on the Switch with gyro for a bit of fine tuned aiming (not begging, just sayin').

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
One of the best third person shooters of last-gen. I'll double dip on Xbox One version. Triple dip if it comes to Switch with gyro aiming.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
None of this is happening. Nintendo simply owns the rights to the sequel and the additional content created for the Wii U version of Bayonetta 1. In fact, when Bayonetta 1 came to PC, Nintendo allowed them to use the Japanese voice track created specifically for that version. Bayonetta 1 on other platforms could happen, but it's entirely up to SEGA.
I know all of what you said, but I still strongly believe Nintendo has a deal in place to not have Bayonetta appearing on competing hardware for now. A Vanquish/Bayonetta bundle (with a boxart!) was leaked at retailers ages ago along with several other games that were eventually revealed to be real. Bayonetta not being part of this release has to mean something considering it is several times more popular than Vanquish ever was and the only thing that makes sense is a potential deal they have with Nintendo.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
I'll be honest - I don't care a lick about resolution bumps or performance increases. I'm just looking for an excuse to buy it again.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Probably a port of the PC release which finally let us play this in 60fps a few years back. Awesome that more people will get to enjoy this amazing game.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Isn't bayonetta kinda owned between Nintendo and sega nowadays?
No. Sega owns the IP, not Nintendo.

I know all of what you said, but I still strongly believe Nintendo has a deal in place to not have Bayonetta appearing on competing hardware for now. A Vanquish/Bayonetta bundle (with a boxart!) was leaked at retailers ages ago along with several other games that were eventually revealed to be real. Bayonetta not being part of this release has to mean something considering it is several times more popular than Vanquish ever was and the only thing that makes sense is a potential deal they have with Nintendo.

You're reading too much into this and it seems that its something you want to be true.

madkiller

May 29, 2018
One of my favorites of last gen, I was really bummed that Platinum never made a sequel even without Mikami.

jenya

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they "remaster" it on PC by delisting the og version and charging $40 for the new one.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
Game would be even better if the story wasn't abysmal.

This is the mission that separates the rookies from the gangsters.

I was scrolling down to see this posted.

The guy didn't remaster these videos when the PC version was released, and people were asking for it, so I have no hope of him doing it for console. The quality hasn't aged well.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Game would be even better if the story wasn't abysmal.

I was scrolling down to see this posted.

The guy didn't remaster these videos when the PC version was released, and people were asking for it, so I have no hope of him doing it for console. The quality hasn't aged well.
I finished that challenge, and while it wasn't a tenth as talented as that, it was still one of my proudest moments.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Lol no thank you give me this sweet remaster. While I'm enjoying Astral Chain a lot, the Switch does hold it back heavily performance and visuals-wise, plus handheld mode is not the way to go with this game (or Astral Chain, I really hope not many are crazy enough to play AC in handheld mode most of the time).
I understand your reasoning, but nothing precludes you from playing it on whatever you want.

I want it on my Switch.

Last edited:

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Strongly interested in this. Would potentially buy it on PS4, but if a port to the Switch is possible, I'd rather take that - more likely to play and finish it on there. And with it being a last gen game, I don't see why it shouldn't get the same treatment as, say, Ni No Kuni 1. Full on remaster on Xbox/PS, (maybe upscaled) port on the Switch. Other than the publisher being Sega. But if Platinum themselves are doing this, I really don't see them skipping the Switch with how good their relationship with Nintendo is.