• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
wellthereitis.gif

All that doomsaying and hyperbole

As a CX owner as of tomorrow, I be feasting

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
surprisingly quick for Sony, they probably just waited for actual devices to test it properly

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously, the firmware for the PS5 isn't going to remain as static and unchanging as the development tools apparently are.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Woah, really? Just like that? Was that included in a recent FW update or wasn't that even required to enable it?

EDIT:

Oh, so it was part of a FW update.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
How would I go about enabling this on my CX? In LG's settings or PS5's settings?

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
four three two one VRR,VRR,V R R,troopers V R R,VRR,troopers three,Virtual Reality R,VRR

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So how does VRR work exactly? Does every game benefit from it or only some?

I have an LG CX. I was also wondering I'd this means I should set the input icon to PC, as apparently that enhances the VRR further or....something.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, people thought a product not even a month old would not get this updated?

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
Do us CX owners need to enable anything in our tv or PS5 settings? Or, does this just apply to games automatically now?

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
So how does VRR work exactly? Does every game benefit from it or only some?

I have an LG CX. I was also wondering I'd this means I should set the input icon to PC, as apparently that enhances the VRR further or....something.
Syncs FPS and TV refresh rate to neutralize judder. Works everywhere but of course you only get the benefits if a game isn't FPS locked (e.g. running at sub-30FPS or running at 50-55 FPS instead of 60).
It's basically a TV version of gsync/freesync.

Status
Not open for further replies.