• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
If Mar-vell is Kree does that mean he'll have blue skin like Ronan the Accuser? How are they depicted in the comics?

Its assumed that she'll be the tide-turner in Avengers 4.

Yeah, I can see this happening. Is the Captain Marvel film due out before Avengers 4?

The film is set in the '90s but I'm sure there'll be a time-jump / explanation into how she ties into Infinity War (or Avengers 4).

That makes the most sense; could it be some more Time Stone shenanigans perhaps?

I still think Nick Fury is going to find a way to capture her and reveal her to the avengers as his secret weapon.

The trouble with that plot explanation though is why didn't she show up in Avengers 1 or 2 to help battle those world-ending threats? They could have really used someone with strength akin to Hulk & Thor who can fly; especially in the battle above New York.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jude as Mar-vell is perfect.

I just wonder who the hell they're gonna get for Adam Warlock.

With Debicki as a tall af Ayesha, it has to be Alexander Skarsgard:

f07bf704ae1b656ad1ba3ef8b358fba3--adam-warlock-alexander-skarsgard.jpg

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't Nick Fury supossed to be in this movie with a role like RDJ in Homecoming? Because that would be a cool link between her and the Avengers. Maybe they'll introduce her on a post-credit scene from Infinity War: Fury's talking to Maria Hill and she says that they need help. He says "time to call the Captain". Hill looks at him and doesn't understand shit. Then he goes "do you really think Rogers is the only Captain?" BOOM.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Excellent casting! He will probably be
dying of cancer, so Jude Law's build and hair will be perfect!

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Isn't Nick Fury supossed to be in this movie with a role like RDJ in Homecoming? Because that would be a cool link between her and the Avengers. Maybe they'll introduce her on a post-credit scene from Infinity War: Fury's talking to Maria Hill and she says that they need help. He says "time to call the Captain". Hill looks at him and doesn't understand shit. Then he goes "do you really think Rogers is the only Captain?" BOOM.
Maria Hill: ...what?

Fury: Yeah, i had a super-powered person at my disposal all this time and chose not to use her because I just didnt feel like it. Makes sense, right?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I legit thought Jude Law was Vision/Jarvis for a second and thought he landed a THIRD role. Great actor, this movie is going to be good

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jude Law is great. Liked him since eXistenz, the best video game movie ever made.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

Fury: Yeah, i had a super-powered person at my disposal all this time and chose not to use her because I just didnt feel like it. Makes sense, right?
Considering she's basically going to the MCU's Superman equivalent in terms of power, either having her in containment or having her out in space keeping track of cosmic threats might be a fitting reason for why he doesn't summon her earlier

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Keanu needs to be in the MCU, but I'm happy he is not Mar-vell not really fitting.

Tbh I loved Keanu as Constantine.. and I think he would also make a great Dream from Sandman
Keanu is destined to save the DCEU.
As... The Phantom Stranger. Not really a character that could carry a movie but who the fuck cares at this point.
Another decent alternative: Jason Blood. Plus, Keanu would get to resurrect his English accent from Dracula.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Hey I didn't say that it made sense.
Perhaps they'll fix that loophole with some sort of government/SHIELD document that states that she will stay away from Earth because of reasons (maybe she'll be like a protector that deals with some huge intergalactic threats ). Maybe she even fought against Loki's army from Avengers 1 in outer space. That would be another possible link. I don't know, I think they have plenty of options for introduce her and explain why the hell she didn't come to help.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I was worried that when they said they were going to change up her origin story that Mar-Vell would get ejected from the story, but now it seems like Mar-vell will be her link to some Kree cosmic shenanigans and possibly be still tied with the story of how she gets her powers.

Interesting that Keanu was rumored before Jude taking over.

Oh man! Considering they are going after Jude Law and Keanu, I could see what sort of character they are going for; Jude's Gigolo Joe from AI or Keanu's Neo from The Matrix. If that is the case, I would have preferred Keanu in the role.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I was worried that when they said they were going to change up her origin story that Mar-Vell would get ejected from the story, but now it seems like Mar-vell will be her link to some Kree cosmic shenanigans and possibly be still tied with the story of how she gets her powers.

The official synopsis is that she gets her DNA fused with an alien's. 100% likely it will be Mar-Vell's and maybe he loses some of his powers in the transition and thus mentors her to take up his mantle and fight the Skrulls.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Law is fantastic. I really hope they can do this film right. Larson is really amazing all on her own, but Law really helps kick things up a notch. Here's hoping Boden and Fleck can do it right.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the movie was supposed to be set in the past of the MCU?

I could imagine Mar-Vell being in flashbacks, before he died and Carol took the mantle, and the movie being set in two eras. Ideally with the past setting up aliens like Skrulls infiltrating Earth.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If Mar-Vell dies in the film, maybe Carol goes to the Kree empire to fight the good fight for a decade or two. Though I'd rather have it be her incapacitated in some way that makes sense that she doesn't look twenty years older.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

Yeah, I don't see Captain Marvel being kept as an ace in the hole.

Time travel is also messy, I would rather she be stuck in the Soul Gem.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If Mar-vell is Kree does that mean he'll have blue skin like Ronan the Accuser? How are they depicted in the comics?

Yeah, I can see this happening. Is the Captain Marvel film due out before Avengers 4?

That makes the most sense; could it be some more Time Stone shenanigans perhaps?

The trouble with that plot explanation though is why didn't she show up in Avengers 1 or 2 to help battle those world-ending threats? They could have really used someone with strength akin to Hulk & Thor who can fly; especially in the battle above New York.
There are2 races of kree, blue the majority and pink the minority. They also have drugs that can make a blue into a pink

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I've posted to MHWilliams my hot take on twitter. Might as well share it here:

Hot take: Captain Marvel's powers the Nega-Bands GIVE you cancer. Mar-Vell is already dying. Carol's storyline in the present is heavily inspired on Jane's Thor storyline, since to survive in space all this time she went away, she had to use her powers all the time. Boom.

I sign off on this.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Yeah I mean, Jane is easily one of the Marvel Comics most interesting characters, while Carol was turned into one of the most boring ones after Kelly Sue DeConnick left. Since they don't seem to be using Jane anytime soon and Captain Marvel's own origin is deeply related to Mar-Vell dying from cancer, making Carol a cancer survivor / battling cancer is the kind of urgency and freshness that Carol could definitely use. It just makes too much sense for Marvel Studios not to have that on their minds too.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've posted to MHWilliams my hot take on twitter. Might as well share it here:

Hot take: Captain Marvel's powers the Nega-Bands GIVE you cancer. Mar-Vell is already dying. Carol's storyline in the present is heavily inspired on Jane's Thor storyline, since to survive in space all this time she went away, she had to use her powers all the time. Boom.
Now I'm going to be disappointed if they don't do this.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully, we dont get the modern incarnation of Carol Danvers because I think I hate her.

Fresh take, please.