• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/flash-standalone-movie-release-date-1202980356/

Warner Bros. is pushing back the start of filming on the studio's still untitled standalone Flash film, sources tell Variety. The film never received a formal greenlight nor did it have a set release date, but it had been expected to begin shooting in March. However, a script is still being tweaked and the studio thinks that it won't enough time to get the script in shape in order for the film to make its original start date.

That's a problem, because Ezra Miller, the live-wire performer tasked with playing the Flash, also has a key supporting role in "Fantastic Beasts," the "Harry Potter" spin-off series. The third film in the franchise begins shooting in July, which would cause scheduling headaches. The standalone Flash film is now expected to commence production in late 2019. That likely means the superhero adventure won't debut in theaters until some time in 2021.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Cyborg guy still thinks he's getting his own movie (or any movie).

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This is a bit of a bummer. Everything in the DCEU has been a shitshow, but a proper 'Flashpoint adaptation could've worked as a needed retcon. Plus the directors are hot off Game Night, which showed remarkable ambition from a visual standpoint. That team with DC's money is a recipe for something great.

Delaying it into 2021 really makes me skeptical that it happens at all.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This is a bit of a bummer. Everything in the DCEU has been a shitshow, but a proper 'Flashpoint adaptation could've worked as a needed retcon. Plus the directors are hot off Game Night, which showed remarkable ambition from a visual standpoint. That team with DC's money is a recipe for something great.

Flashpoint barely worked in comics due to established stories and histories. Do that in the movies and folks will pull down the WB water tower

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Justice League really is the gift that keeps on giving.

And by gift I mean piles of shit and by giving I mean shoving down our throats.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Good, get the money for the CGI cause we are
299533._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

and today i learned Mark Millar helped on one of the greatest Flash stories. What the hell happened to the man?

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You got Shazam and WW1984 next year but now nothing for 2020 unless they want to shoehorn connections into the non-dceu Joker movie.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
You got Shazam and WW1984 next year but now nothing for 2020 unless they want to shoehorn connections into the non-dceu Joker movie.
Birds of Prey is scheduled for February 2020. If Batman starts filming in spring 2019 like planned, it'll be 2020 as well. Suicide Squad 2 is a long shot but possible.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Birds of Prey is scheduled for February 2020. If Batman starts filming in spring 2019 like planned, it'll be 2020 as well. Suicide Squad 2 is a long shot but possible.

At this point I'd only put my chips on Birds of Prey for 2020. If SS2 was happening for 2020 we would've known more about it by now.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I seriously don't understand why they didn't do the stand alones first like Disney and take their time. Yes I know everyone will say it's because they wanted their money fast, but you still MAKE money of the standalones obviously. They went ensemble first then standalones, so really it's the same thing but reversed. It just never made sense to me

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Maybe it's just hard to do a Flash movie. The dude is kinda super powerful. It sucks he won't get his movie but in the end I still think it's more amazing Supes never got a sequel.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

It looks like they're essentially doing standalone unconnected soft reboots anyway even without Flashpoint.

Maybe it's just hard to do a Flash movie. The dude is kinda super powerful. It sucks he won't get his movie but in the end I still think it's more amazing Supes never got a sequel.

Is it? Superman has always been a gigantic pain in the ass for Warner Bros when it comes to film.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like they're essentially doing standalone unconnected soft reboots anyway even without Flashpoint.

Is it? Superman has always been a gigantic pain in the ass for Warner Bros when it comes to film.
The last relevant Superman thing that got people into the character was Smallville. It's been a long time but DC needs to start focusing on lesser characters instead of trying again and again to get Superman and Batman right.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
a child that was born the year the Flash film was announced would be entering kindergarten this year