• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I had the procedure done by a reputable doctor in town. This was on three weeks ago.

I went home and iced religiously and took it easy. Been eating well, drinking water, sleeping well. I was up and walking, baby steps on Sunday. Took Monday off to give myself more breathing room. Walked back to work Monday. I was impressed how fast my recovery seemed to be going.

Cue last week, I develop jock itch. So now I had dry peeling skin leaving itchiness and redsurrobdibgs around the site started using Litromine on last Thursday. This also has been aggravating as I feel like it is hindering and slowing down my progress.

Two days ago, pain in my groin develops. Specifically when one of my guys is moved forward . It dull post surgery but is now more profound. Maybe that pain was there at that intensity but masked by itchiness. I do know it was tender in the area when moving from a laying position to a vertical one. Now it seems to be walking, getting up, etc

Waiting for the doc to get back to me but this has been emotionally hard to deal with as I feel by third week, I should be at the finish line for recover and not starting all over.

I've continued to ice periodically since the surgery and have always used a jock strap (the fungal infection was due to poor breathing of pants I wore over said Jock).

I've only since been lifting my 13 lb toddler may have contributed , i dunno.

I can't take ibuprofen as the two times I have taken it has led to (very small) bleeding.

Really worried I made a mistake having this done and as frightened as I was heading into the surgery, I think I'm more afraid at long term problems indefinitely.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
A good friend of mine had it done. Took about two months for him to heal enough to walk normally. I won't have surgery unless it's a needed procedure for my well being.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
A good friend of mine had it done. Took about two months for him to heal enough to walk normally. I won't have surgery unless it's a needed procedure for my well being.

There's a lot of stigma around the procedure pre and post. You hear from so many who downplay it at every turn and talk about how they went to work or banged away the next day.

For me, it's been one of the most emotionally draining things I hve committed to

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa I full recovered in about a week

Im actually surprised haw variable the recovery stories are considering this is a routine outpatient procedure

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
When they said not to lift heavy things I didn't follow their instructions and I regretted it. Took longer than a week to heal fully.

I still get epididymitis flareups every few months...or something very similar to it.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
When they said not to lift heavy things I didn't follow their instructions and I regretted it. Took longer than a week to heal fully.

I still get epididymitis flareups every few months...or something very similar to it.

My instructions informed me not to do so two weeks out but I still wonder whether picking my toddler still screwed me here or if I have some referred pain from my lower back.

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OP I don't know that I had as many issues as you, but I know the emotional turmoil you're talking about. I had random dull, aching pains for weeks after. Your head starts going: "What if something's wrong? I know the chances are low, but that would be my luck. Oh man, something is definitely wrong."

Definitely get it checked out, because complications can happen, but most likely you're okay. Give it a few more weeks and I bet you'll have the same: "Oh yeah, I haven't felt pain down there in a while" that I had.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
My instructions informed me not to do so two weeks out but I still wonder whether picking my toddler still screwed me here or if I have some referred pain from my lower back.

It's hard to say for sure but I'd imagine your recovery is more prolonged than it is permanent. Hopefully your doctor can offer some positive advice.

Not everyone recovers as fast as others, and it's definitely unnerving to have the gents achy and battered feeling for so long.

kamakazi5

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't have the itching issue but I had pretty bad pain for 2-3 months after. It took a long time to recover and I honestly worried that it may not go away. Follow what your doctor says and understand that every procedure is different and try to remain patient.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Sorry for the problem OP, hopfully someone here can help. I tried to get one a few months ago but couldn't afford it sadly.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My recovery was only a couple of weeks I think, probably extended a bit since we had a toddler at the time too and I kept working. I didn't use ice or a jock or anything like that which maybe helped me heal quicker? Idk. I just used paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain.

Everything has been fine since though bar a few months of dull aching. It wasn't severe and didn't interrupt getting physical but it was always there in the background and lingered for a good while. I'd imagine that's what you have too. Go and see your doc but don't stress about it too much.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you sincerely to you all . I think the war and anxiety is in my head and I need to find a way to calm down.

I run my business so I can take enough time off within reason. I'm waiting for a call back to ask him if he would advise this much less help
At least you can take the time off. My doctor told me that he didn't want me picking up anything heavier than a beer or remote. Picking up the toddler might have aggravated something, but it doesn't sound like it's something that won't get better if you just sit still for a few days.

I watched so much TV and played a lot of video games while I recovered.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
I took a few days off work while the swelling went down and I was able to resume lovemaking in about a week or so.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
My surgeon told me that the healing period is 8 weeks. I felt fine after 2. I have friends that felt fine after 24 hours.

6 weeks after my surgery, I helped a friend move some furniture. It wasn't super heavy, but it was a lot of trips. Later that night I had some pain and bleeding around the incision point. The next day I saw the doctor who just said "your healing period isn't up, ice the pain and gauze the incision if it's bleeding too much". A week later I was fine again.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's easier said than done. I had a "what did I do??? Ill never be the same" moment during the recovery. I was right.... It wasn't the same. It's better :)

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I went to a Weird Al concert the day after mine and I was still up and running in about a week and a half. I didn't lift anything, though, not even our youngest, for that entire period. I'm going to guess something got strained. They also just outright put me on antibiotics after the surgery.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
This is what scares me about getting this done. I wish I could just have RISUG or whatever that injection is because it's waaaay faster on the recovery side and easily reversible. I think you'd have to go to India to have that done though, at least last I read about it which was a few years back lol.

Oct 30, 2017
Going to not assume I can lift or do any vigorous activity for the time being then. Thank you again for sharing anecdotes. Back to icing and Tylenol

Vertical incision and soldering .
Hmm okay. Yeah I had no issues after a week. Even went to work the day after. Had some tightness for a while but it healed up without incident. Definitely keep in touch with your doctor and keep it clean. Has the incision healed over?

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I was told around 8 weeks. (I had 2 incisions and soldering.) Walking was pain free after 2 days but i did try jogging and a few other things after 2 weeks but still felt a bit of pain so I held off. Around 5 weeks I was able to go running with zero issues.

I would not get concerned if the pain lingers, my dog crushed the boys by accident and that led to some soreness for a few days but that was about 3 weeks ago and I am totally fine now.

You'll be good, just think, one of the most awkward if not most awkward thing in your life is now over.

Last edited:

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I had the procedure done by a reputable doctor in town. This was on three weeks ago.

I went home and iced religiously and took it easy. Been eating well, drinking water, sleeping well. I was up and walking, baby steps on Sunday. Took Monday off to give myself more breathing room. Walked back to work Monday. I was impressed how fast my recovery seemed to be going.

Cue last week, I develop jock itch. So now I had dry peeling skin leaving itchiness and redsurrobdibgs around the site started using Litromine on last Thursday. This also has been aggravating as I feel like it is hindering and slowing down my progress.

Two days ago, pain in my groin develops. Specifically when one of my guys is moved forward . It dull post surgery but is now more profound. Maybe that pain was there at that intensity but masked by itchiness. I do know it was tender in the area when moving from a laying position to a vertical one. Now it seems to be walking, getting up, etc

Waiting for the doc to get back to me but this has been emotionally hard to deal with as I feel by third week, I should be at the finish line for recover and not starting all over.

I've continued to ice periodically since the surgery and have always used a jock strap (the fungal infection was due to poor breathing of pants I wore over said Jock).

I can't take ibuprofen as the two times I have taken it has led to (very small) bleeding.

Really worried I made a mistake having this done and as frightened as I was heading into the surgery, I think I'm more afraid at long term problems indefinitely.

Just had mine done last November and months later it healed. It takes a while.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was mostly fine during the first week after the snip then I had a little bruising for about 2 weeks after that with general soreness/tenderness. Post 3 weeks it all was aces and has been since. Call your doc and have a chat, they've seen it all before and will recommend what to do or calm your nerves.

I didn't need any added support beyond normal tight underwear and just sitting down at first. You've probably just stirred things up by walking and lifting your toddler mate.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Firstly, I will make a statement so that others don't fear the procedure. I had it done, I barely moved for 3 days, and that was the end of it. I was back "in action" a month later. Complications are really, really rare but THEY CAN HAPPEN.

Now, to the OP.... The best thing you can do is talk to a doctor. You're asking us before you speak to a professional. There might be a mild infection, in which case, antibiotics should sort this within weeks. Also, have you been wearing briefs? Boxer shorts are bad news, you need to keep your balls held comfortably for a while.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I took a week off from work, and had to wear a strap for support for a couple of weeks after that (I am on my feet all day at work). Probably took 4 weeks before I felt 100%. I wouldn't worry. Talk to your doc, they'll let you know what needs done. The answer is probably just more time. Odds are pretty damn slim anything is permanently fucked.

Try to stop handling them as much as possible, too. I had a growth on one of my testicles years ago. Turned out to be nothing. But, it was sore for a while. Doctor guessed I kept touching the growth to check it, and told me to stop poking at it. He was correct, and the soreness went away.

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
Took me a few days to be off the couch and I had some lingering pain for a couple weeks as well. Probably a little hematoma pressing on a nerve or something. Anyway, eventually went away and now I'm 100%.

Best of luck.

Jul 20, 2018
I had it done a week ago today. Went to the gym and ran on a treadmill and whatnot, everything seems fine. Ditched the scrotal support afterward and my incisions hurt for a bit from being kicked around by my legs more but now it's all good. Hopefully doesn't get worse? I've been doing a lot of small child lifting as well lol.

P.S. Did anybody else's surgery like, REALLY hurt? I thought I'd be a lot number than I was and I could feel him cutting and I did not like it. He seemed surprised I said it hurt more than the tattoo I got two days prior and I'm really not sure it was supposed to.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
I had it done a week ago today. Went to the gym and ran on a treadmill and whatnot, everything seems fine. Ditched the scrotal support afterward and my incisions hurt for a bit from being kicked around by my legs more but now it's all good. Hopefully doesn't get worse? I've been doing a lot of small child lifting as well lol.

P.S. Did anybody else's surgery like, REALLY hurt? I thought I'd be a lot number than I was and I could feel him cutting and I did not like it. He seemed surprised I said it hurt more than the tattoo I got two days prior and I'm really not sure it was supposed to.

I almost body slammed my doctor during the consultation for touching the goods. We knew then and there I had to be put under . There was no other way around that for me. :/

To your gym session, I felt overly confident I was kicking ass my first week out but then the boxer briefs fucked me over and contributed to the fungal infection and I'm sure being overly content in my physical ability put me to where I am now (pain above where the testical meets the groin area.).

I hope you're out of the woods

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I had it done June of last year. Don't be afraid to contact your Doctor, but let me tell you about my experience. First month was painful. I wore my jock the whole time. After that, I would experience some twinges of pain occasionally when when in tight jeans and sitting forward or something, or washing my area in the shower. Sometimes, I couldn't explain my pain. I was also afraid that I made a mistake. Fast forward to today, and I can't remember the last time I had pain. You have to remember this, i don't care how minor or a surgery it is, you had tissue on the inside of you cut. Scar tissue forms and can break and stuff. It takes time. A very small percentage of people have this chronic pain complications that you are worried about.
I
I have seen both stories where people have said they hardly felt a thing and stories where people said it was the most painful thing they've felt in life. I would say mine was in between. My doctor was talking to me and when he cut, it hurt enough where I stopped talking mid sentence and focused on dealing with the pain. I would still do it over again if I had to.

Jul 20, 2018
I had it done June of last year. Don't be afraid to contact your Doctor, but let me tell you about my experience. First month was painful. I wore my jock the whole time. After that, I would experience some twinges of pain occasionally when when in tight jeans and sitting forward or something, or washing my area in the shower. Sometimes, I couldn't explain my pain. I was also afraid that I made a mistake. Fast forward to today, and I can't remember the last time I had pain. You have to remember this, i don't care how minor or a surgery it is, you had tissue on the inside of you cut. Scar tissue forms and can break and stuff. It takes time. A very small percentage of people have this chronic pain complications that you are worried about.

I have seen both stories where people have said they hardly felt a thing and stories where people said it was the most painful thing they've felt in life. I would say mine was in between. My doctor was talking to me and when he cut, it hurt enough where I stopped talking mid sentence and focused on dealing with the pain. I would still do it over again if I had to.

I was still talking and joking for the most part but I know I was also visibly in pain and curled my toes to deal with it and felt slightly embarrassed about doing that even though I know I shouldn't. The whole thing was a silly, awkward ordeal.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was still talking and joking for the most part but I know I was also visibly in pain and curled my toes to deal with it and felt slightly embarrassed about doing that even though I know I shouldn't. The whole thing was a silly, awkward ordeal.
Ha ha, yeah it's awkward. I felt like an ass because when I had my consultation, the male clinician said I didn't need to shave my area myself. On the day of the procedure, the medical assistant didn't seem to pleased that he had to shave me. I ratted out the clinician that saw me. I try to be courteous. If I would have known, I would have shaved. That's why I asked.

Jul 20, 2018
Ha ha, yeah it's awkward. I felt like an ass because when I had my consultation, the male clinician said I didn't need to shave my area myself. On the day of the procedure, the medical assistant didn't seem to pleased that he had to shave me. I ratted out the clinician that saw me. I try to be courteous. If I would have known, I would have shaved. That's why I asked.

Oh, I was advised to shave beforehand and it said I had to on the sheet they gave me. Not a problem since I shave down there anyway. I had a female assistant so I would have felt doubly bad if she had to shave me.

Oct 28, 2017
I was just about to schedule myself since I for DAMN sure don't want 7 kids but this shit scares the hell outta me.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
That's... what, why? He's a doctor performing a surgery ON your goods. What did you expect?

Has nothing to do with expectation.

When he was searching for the vas during the consultation to assess what he was dealing with, I winced in pain because I am naturally very sensitive in the area. There was no chance he was getting an incision with me awake if I couldn't even let him rub around there.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I was advised to shave beforehand and it said I had to on the sheet they gave me. Not a problem since I shave down there anyway. I had a female assistant so I would have felt doubly bad if she had to shave me.
The nurse complemented me on how thorough a job I did, haha! I figured it would all look weird with a bald spot so I just went nuts with the razor (so to speak).

orlock

Oct 28, 2017

man, i opted to forgo the anesthesia and just get the local jab. the first nut was totally fine, didnt feel a thing, was surprised it was over the fast. when he got to the second nut, i knew something was wrong immediately when i felt him knuckle-deep in my sack rooting around in there. the nurse looked up at me and i guess i was just pure white trying to deal with the pain and i was THIS close to passing out from the discomfort before they went ahead and re-numbed me and got me right.

having said that, apart from the general aches they tell you anticipate for the following week, i was totally fine. i mean, i had to sit on some ice while i played some games, bought some nice snug briefs, and i ended up taking a few days off of work (at the time i worked in a warehouse and operated a standing electric forklift; i went back in after four or five days and even then the constant bouncing up and down from driving back and forth was too much on my boys). no lasting or lingering psychological or emotional or physical pain and it was one of the best decisions i ever made.