• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
From the director of 2015 Night Crawler. Warning Trailer might show too much, but it drops Feb 1 st, and premieres at Sundance the week before.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Looks promising. Was disappointed with Roman J Israel, so hopefully this will be more of a return to form for Gilroy.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Holy shit this looks wild.

Gilroy's a unique voice. Didn't love Roman J Israel but it was an interesting film. Nightcrawler was straight fire though.

I just love I don't have to wait months and months for this to get a belated VOD release after playing art-house cinemas 50 miles away from me. I can see it less than 2 weeks after its Sundance premiere in 4K while lounging in bed.

Jake Gyllenhall is so underrated. Dude is consistently fantastic in every single role he's in and they're all so different.

I'd say he's almost universally agreed to be a great actor. Under-appreciated? Maybe if you're talking about awards.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That looked fantastic.

Jake Gyllenhall is so underrated. Dude is consistently fantastic in every single role he's in and they're all so different.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So the real question is
is it just going to mental/insanity or actually supernatural? And if it is the latter, will it be just like a curse/unexplained or will the movie lean into something more eldritch/Lovecraftian a la Pickman's Model?

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Hah, at first I was like "this looks interesting", then it blew up and "woah, yesssss" was what I came away with. Can't wait.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
OP wasnt kidding. That trailer feels like I just watched the movie except for the resolution.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
I was excited to see this at Sundance, but I am not wasting a ticket seeing a movie coming straight to Netflix in a week. If I have free time maybe

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Wow 2nd half of that trailer went off the rails, this looks so cool

Also wish I hadn't watched the trailer because it gets spoilery quick

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost wish they'd played it off as an art film and had the art fans surprised and outraged when they got to the theater. Would have mapped neatly to the plot too.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The premise is pretty much your average trash tier horror film, but it looks like they're banking on solid execution and great performances.

Edit: Watched this again. How is this not a Goosebumps joint? Jesus.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
The premise is pretty much your average trash tier horror film, but it looks like they're banking on solid execution and great performances.

Edit: Watched this again. How is this not a Goosebumps joint? Jesus.

I have been excited about this movie for a while... Solely based on Jake Gyllenhaal and the fact that the story is weird, he does AMAZING weird movies.

That being said, I completely agree with you. I can see this on SyFy or as an Asylum release, easily.... But you throw in John Malkovich, Tony Collette and it sells itself.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fun and I like the cast, obviously being a Netflix film has me scared but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks Amazing, Damn.

Velvet Buzzsaw is a thriller set in the contemporary art world scene of Los Angeles where big money artists and mega-collectors pay a high price when art collides with commerce. Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo, Toni Collette, Zawe Ashton, Tom Sturridge, Natalia Dyer, Daveed Diggs, Billy Magnussen, and John Malkovich star in the new mind-bending film written and directed by Dan Gilroy.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They got another hit with this one, Ok 2019 has just begun and it seems as if Netflix has a lot of big budget films coming out