• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
SEE THREADMARKS

aad.gif

Poster in the trailer thread was shown a screener at a fan event:

I haven't actually seen the first embarrassingly, but the person I went with said he felt it was weaker. There were a load of good action sequences though - happy to answer any specific questions.

Ok, but this is by far the most interesting thing in the film so bare that in mind/don't read if you hate spoilers.
yes, the end credit shows Eddie and Venom in a house on the beach having gone into hiding after defeating Carnage. Venom says he can show Eddie 1 second of what him and his kind have been through and does. Suddenly everything changes and a TV is on. It shows Tom Holland's spidey and Venom says 'I hate that guy' and licking the screen aggressively - cut to black. I guess Venom is officially in MCU and a film with him/spidey is next.

I'm not quite sure how to describe it that detail. Eddie starts to look visibly uncomfortable and something happens (I'm not sure if the implication is he's now somewhere else or what. But a person comes out of the bathroom in the hotel room he's in and asked what he's doing in his room which implied to me he was teleported somewhere different to before.

Sony:

_71406332_horse-624.jpg

EDIT: VOICE RECORDING LEAK #FLEXBOMB

Can you say if this recording is real?

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So basically they're going the Marvel Netflix approach with the MCU tie-ins (they try to be in the MCU, but Marvel Studios doesn't officially recognize it in the movies).

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Thanks for making the thread!
Hopefully it wont be too long until we have a good understanding of how the MCU and SSU (?) are connected. I'm still gonna theorize that they're the same universe, Sony just has some limitations on what characters and events they can and can't reference in their own movies.

More context

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Ok final post this time for sure (someone make the thread so I stop posting tagged stuff in here)

my friend thinks he actually got shifted into the MCU time line in that's scene due to the multiverse being opened up in loki. Does that make sense?
Just bringing this post across as it outlines what my friend said.

The scene on the TV is from far from home according to him (again, any mistakes are my ignorance not anything else lol)

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i bet you 100$ that the Doctor Strange movie will somehow diegetically explain how Tom Holland Spidey ends up meeting Venom. I would not be surprised if he's ejected from the MCU and into the Sony-verse.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
My bet is that Venom ends up in No Way Home and when he get's back to his dimension a small fragment of the symbiot hets stuck in the MCU world and in the after credits scene Peter gets attatched to it and then in the 4th Spidey movie Miles Morales becomes a new Spiderman and has to fight black suit Peter Parker or Parker ends up in Venom Universe and now we get Miles in the MCU instead. I am tired beyond tired. I'm going to sleep now. I thinks it's for the best.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
No, absolutely fine. Do feel a bit bad as I know it is the major moment from the film that I'm sure they wanted people to experience in cinemas (in fact, Tom Hardy said as much in the screening) but at least it is only in here.
Don't feel bad lol, idk how many people were at the screening but I'm sure everything's gonna be everywhere anyway very soon if they indeed didn't make people sign a NDA.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Just bringing this post across as it outlines what my friend said.

The scene on the TV is from far from home according to him (again, any mistakes are my ignorance not anything else lol)

I assume it relates to the fallout of Spider-Man's identity getting revealed with all of those headlines?

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A. That sounds terrible

B. Even if Eddie gets teleported to the MCU or a universe with Tom Holland in it, how would the symbiote know who he was?

C. Please don't waste Tom Holland's time with this trash-tier franchise

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I really hope this movie massively underperforms.
LOL.... yeah :(
My bet is that Venom ends up in No Way Home and when he get's back to his dimension a small fragment of the symbiot hets stuck in the MCU world and in the after credits scene Peter gets attatched to it
I'm gonna cling to this copium and assume this is what's going to happen... otherwise this is a classic case of the Big Yikes

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
As long as this leads to a proper Venom Spidey done right(which I'm sure will happen if it's in the MCU) I"m so down.

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
i fucking knew they were moving tom's spider to the sony universe

and people here assured me that sony and disney were on good terms, they wouldn't do thatn

"merging" the two universes was the worst outcome

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This kind of bullshit is exactly why I was disappointed that Venom made bank and got this weird hype despite having bad action, bad characters, bad dialogue, and a bad story.

And the person in the OP who saw both thinks the sequel is WORSE?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Combining the MCU and Venom is like serving prime rib with a side of McDonald's chicken nuggets dipped in cat piss.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Era member with the scoops? holy shit
Hyped as fuck for MCU Venom

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
This kind of bullshit is exactly why I was disappointed that Venom made bank and got this weird hype despite having bad action, bad characters, bad dialogue, and a bad story.

My friend did enjoy the first movie so take that how you will. I have not seen the first so can't comment, but thought this was ok.

If anyone wants to search venom on twitter everyone else is talking about it. Hopefully someone who knows their MCU will correct my mistakes.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
puzzled as to why people don't want this version of venom associated with the mcu. they'd fit together fine.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

I unironically like splintered canon like this, so I'm kinda glad we now have Sonyverse stuff mucking up the corners of the MCU, since Netflix is gone.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yes, the end credit shows Eddie and Venom in a house on the beach having gone into hiding after defeating Carnage.

Okay, sure.

Venom says he can show Eddie 1 second of what him and his kind have been through and does.

What? How? Why one second? Also, Venom hates his kind!

Suddenly everything changes and a TV is on. It shows Tom Holland's spidey and Venom says 'I hate that guy' and licking the screen aggressively - cut to black.

Why is he licking the TV? How does he know TH Spidey? What teleported him there? Why is he licking something he hates? What is the point of any of this?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really mind venom crossing over but without the brock parker feud before he gets the suit it kind of loses everything about that relationship, both between parker and brock and even with the symbiote and peter always being the first host. "I hate that guy" isn't really gonna cut it

but dumber comic shit has worked before and it's all in the execution

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
puzzled as to why people don't want this version of venom associated with the mcu. they'd fit together fine.
Without getting into how I feel about the movie itself, I just wish we could have gotten Holland's take on the Black Suit storyline first. Build up to venom naturally y'know?

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

Sony kinda of outdid themselves to make a worse sequel, to be honest.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Okay, sure.

What? How? Why one second? Also, Venom hates his kind!

Why is he licking the TV? How does he know TH Spidey? What teleported him there? Why is he licking something he hates? What is the point of any of this?
It is an aggressive lick like a 'I'll get you' type thing. If you read what I cross quoted it seems like it is actually multiverse related what created the change.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
They should go current comic venom where he can transport himself into every symbiote being and be everywhere in the universe at once, I always hoped it would become a thing with multiverse stuff

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Venom getting shoehorned into the MCU while not actually having anything at all to do with Spider-Man is just stupid.

Such a waste.

Oct 25, 2017
There are two kinds of people in this thread: Annoyed MCU fans who are bothered by this, and people who enjoy seeing MCU fans annoyed by this.

Let's be honest, no one here honestly thought Venom was good or thinks this will be good.