• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
86730431_10221774325008228_5165918197555134464_n.jpg
I just finished re-watching this for probably the 6th time by now because my wife was interested in watching the earlier seasons (she watched a 6 season catch up video that [AS] released before watching S7) and I am still just blown away from where this show started to where it has ended up. Fun fact, the show is now also 17 years old but only has 7 seasons (DAMN YOU TITMOUSE!)

The show started out as an okay-ish parody to Johnny Quest but by the later half of season 2 evolves into it's own beast and season 3 really kicking things into high gear with great over arching plots, subtle character connections and back story drops (some of which are VERY subtle and don't pay off for a season or 2) and some really good comedy moments. The way characters grow and change is also pretty fantastic, by this last season pretty much every character in the show has gone through some major growth and are very different from where they started out (except maybe how pathetic they are sometimes) and that goes for how they interact with other characters too.

If you want to get started I fully recommend watching it all, but there are also catch up videos up to S5

Spoilers Obviously:

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
yes it's very good

the worst part is waiting three years for a season

and then waiting till the next season to get the actual finale from the last one

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
It absolutely is. And to echo SteveWinwood, it's absolutely criminal how long it takes for each season to come out.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I'm the same age as the creators/writers of the show, and grew up being into all the same shit they were into, which went into influencing this show - a rather narrow niche, so it kinda feels as if they're writing this show tailored specifically for me!

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I loved this show and caught up on it several years ago after buying seasons 1-4, but don't think I've watched it since season 4 or 5 due to the huge time lapses between releases. I really need to catch up.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I had two kids between season 5 and 6. I think I dropped off when the kids moved out? Just didn't have the patience. Will go back and binge.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
An amazing show, been watching since the first season. Henchman 21 is in my top 10 characters in any medium, his evolution over the course of the show has been astounding.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about rewatching again lately.
Its so sad that the show doesn't get the recognition it deserves :(

Ronabo

Oct 26, 2017
OHIO
I hate how long it take between seasons. My memory ain't that great anymore so I end up having to re-watch it all ever time a new season comes out.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really no probably about it, my dude. It's one of the best pieces of media across any medium or genre in the past couple decades or so.

ZSeibar

Nov 2, 2017
I agree with everything you said OP. Shame that the ongoing plot makes the show less accessible for new viewers (Last season references stuff from season 1, over 15 years ago!). It's one of those you need to stick with.

That said I can't wait for season 8 !!!!

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with everything you said OP. Shame that the ongoing plot makes the show less accessible for new viewers (Last season references stuff from season 1, over 15 years ago!). It's one of those you need to stick with.

That said I can't wait for season 8 !!!!
You mean this fucker?

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best shows in general. Crazy that it's been airing for almost half of my life (and stayed so consistent).

Also very much recommend the art book for anybody interested

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the most well-written shows ever.

I really need to watch the latest season.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
It's crazy how the whole superhero movie craze seemingly came up between season of VB, especially since the show was super meta about superheros long before they became the zeitgeist.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I love how they actually take their time to work on each season and gt it out there when it's done instead of rushing it. It really shows in the quality of the writing.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
It's an amazingly written show, with deep characters and a humor that NEVER fails to make me laugh.

I miss psycho Brock, tho.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
The last episode I watched was ORB years ago and then due to life getting in the way I lost track of it. It may be my next streaming binge

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This show just keeps getting better with every rewatch I do. With people in here saying season 8 might be coming up this year, seems like a good time to start again. I really hope they manage to make it. Titmouse expanding is some good news, hopefully they can crank out animation a little quicker.

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
THIS SHOW IS STILL GOING ON!?

Goddamn, I was in high school when it first came out and loved it then... and now I'm almost in my 30s and I haven't seen in it over a literal decade.

I guess I got something to binge...

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I think the longevity, despite there not being a lot of season compared to years, has worked in its favor as a cult classic. Shirt Club, the Christmas covers, all the in jokes and recurring elements. Its a very powerful following that just enriches it all.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think the longevity, despite there not being a lot of season compared to years, has worked in its favor as a cult classic. Shirt Club, the Christmas covers, all the in jokes and recurring elements. Its a very powerful following that just enriches it all.
100% regret not signing up for last shirt club, wanted that big villain shirt. I did get the Season 6 poster though and that shit will never come down.
OKwbQP4lsrzL7wZXq9aXOW7NY4GYgiUXW8jmBGpT79_OvG56d1hWZUTZvqspOs64DBPgW7y3iiGm17zDVAMVvucgfMpVcgmzL2AtERz5SqTxe5BfYND-Xh9OvmuUkRGLDluTHWYGy4XB-qbFQC4