• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Welp, that's a bummer, I was looking forward to this, at least is for a good reason.
Electronic Arts still hasn't revealed Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, and that's for a reason. The publisher originally planned to launch the remastered trilogy, that I first reported on back in May, with an October reveal and release. But now EA and developer BioWare are pushing that release into early 2021, according to people familiar with the development.

The primary factor holding up development, beyond the pandemic, is the original Mass Effect game. It currently does not live up to the quality of the rest of the package. It would make a poor first impression for new players, and it might disappoint fans who then won't go on to play and experience the impressive upgrades for Mass Effect 2 and ME 3.
But one aspect those fans won't get to experience regardless of how much time BioWare gets is the multiplayer. EA doesn't plan to include the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer in this package.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/09/25/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-still-coming-but-not-this-year/

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
izERzJq.gif

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Damn that sucks, this is all I wanted for the holiday period. I hope they dont change ME too much, it's my favourite and while I know it's not as refined as 2 or 3 I love it as it is.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Did the Switch version for this get deconfirmed? Just PS4/XBO right?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Real curious to see what they'd do to that first game. Making *the* big change to combat seems like it would be a massive undertaking.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh,

Remember that era where all those action/adventure titles had some sort of multiplayer? Man those were wild times lol.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Tbf ME1 imo needs the most work visually and gameplay wise. So I am hopeful they do something good with this extra time.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
ME1 is my fav, even from a gameplay perspective. I found the powers and gunplay a lot more playful than in it's sequels so I hope they're not doing to much.

I also love the MAKO

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
no MP for ME3 sure is a bummer but if the game is receiving significant upgrades and all the dlc content for the 3 games like Grubb cited, oh yeah gimme gimme.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
YESSS.

Mass Effect 1 is painful to play. The combat and inventory system is terrible. I'm so glad they're gonna change it.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
Shish of all publishers EA (SHOULD) get the idea of showing real and good product by now after Anthem and MA Andromeda fiasco.

Do we know which Bioware does the remake?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Make improvements" aka make it like the other 2 which means I can safely skip this, especially with ME3 multiplayer not being in there

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they can find a way to make ME1 feel more like 2 and 3 gameplaywise.

Replaying ME1 compared to the others is always....abit interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm actually happy with this. ME1 is my favourite game of all time, but I'm happy to hear work is being done to it.

Ideally we'll get Series X enhancements for the 360 original via BC, and then have this updated version later.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ME1 has its issues but I can't imagine any tweaks that wouldn't just end up tossing the baby out with the bathwater.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit so it wasn't just a rumor? I've been ignoring the other thread thinking it was bullshit lol. What about the ending tho.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
That's a delay I'll take. ME1 is a rough ass game especially if you don't have nostalgia for it. Will be good to see it get the QoL it needs.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this throws me back, ME3 MP was SO damn good.

I'm guessing this is not to compete with a forthcoming, standalone ME MP game.