• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
71_F5_A35_B_D45_C_4444_AD38_1_F7_CA5_CCB5_FE.jpg

4_A6_F8_D81_5466_494_F_A985_CB08_A61_FEE90.png

He's probably the most vocal of all DMC staff, and today he dropped this hint on Facebook. After months of rumors and speculation, there's almost two weeks left to find out what Capcom and Mr. Itsuno hold for us at E3.

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Man y'all will take anything as a tease huh

Also that man is still handsome, my quantum ranger forever

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If DMC5 takes place after 4, how will Vergil be in it? Just a bonus playable character like 4SE?

Sorry if this has been answered by a leak or something, but I just finished 4 for the first time and just got into the series.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
At this point I think I'm looking forward to the potential meltdowns if DMCV isn't at E3 this year. Like don't get me wrong I'll be sad too, but the hype for this game is so damn high.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
If DMC5 takes place after 4, how will Vergil be in it? Just a bonus playable character like 4SE?

Sorry if this has been answered by a leak or something, but I just finished 4 for the first time and just got into the series.

Your first mistake is taking the DMC lore seriously.

Vergil probably just walked it off or some villain tried to revive him as a henchman but works out as well as you'd expect

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
It says TBT, so it might be referring to a past E3. What's the pic this is the text of?

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I think I'm looking forward to the potential meltdowns if DMCV isn't at E3 this year. Like don't get me wrong I'll be sad too, but the hype for this game is so damn high.

It'll probably get announced with the Pokemon Switch direct, which should be happening in *checks watch* 31 minutes

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Your first mistake is taking the DMC lore seriously.

Vergil probably just walked it off or some villain tried to revive him as a henchman but works out as well as you'd expect
Yeah, hopefully DMC5 is the one that really pushes the series' lore forward.

From what I got - There's the first game, then the second game which they want to pretend doesn't exist, then the third game goes back in time, then the fourth game actually does push it forward but with a whole new character

Ideally for me, fresh off of playing all of the games in the series for the first time, DMC5 pushes the lore forward and includes a significant role for every character - Dante, Lady, Trish, Nero and Vergil. It would feel so complete.

and Lucia but I know it won't happen

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Let it go guys. The dream is dead.

I will be laughing loud when E3 comes and goes and there's nothing related to DMC at all.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
The pic was taken at E3 2015 I believe while promoting 4SE.
But it is still a tease considering how close we are to E3

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
It's just a throwback thursday post of E3 photos taken years ago.

I can't even...rotfl

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
All in all, I hope Daniel is doing well. It maybe weird of me but I hold all power ranger actors who actually did their fighting scenes and stunts in high regards. Daniel is one of the last 'true' rangers.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Picture was taken at E3 2015. It doesn't have to mean anything beyond that. Let's post threads only when there's some actual news.

Let it go guys. The dream is dead.

I will be laughing loud when E3 comes and goes and there's nothing related to DMC at all.

Laugh all you want. All that matters to me is that Itsuno's project (which is DMC5) is announced this year. It could be at the smallest event in the world and I wouldn't care. The announcement itself is the only thing that matters.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Bruh I've been waiting a Decade for 5, done with this shit
Will just be surprised at what appears

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Well, they would need to explain it but there are many, many ways he could come back, remember Wesker came back from the dead in a series like DMC that should be no problem at all.

However, i think Kamiya said once Vergil wasn't dead after DMC1

Plus we expect him to push hype and to have interactions with Nero

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol i didn't play any DMC or Bayonetta. But it seems that the crazyness for DMC is so much bigger than Bayo here in ERA.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we all agree that if DMCV isn't at E3 its literally not happening? Seems like we do this song and dance of "Its not at E3, but for sure it'll be at TGS/PSX" literally every year

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Lol i didn't play any DMC or Bayonetta. But it seems that the crazyness for DMC is so much bigger than Bayo here in ERA.
Well its been ten fukking years.

While Bayo somehow has two sequels since last DMC, i can't wait to see both revealed :D these are good times

Bayo 2 reveal was something else though, for the wrong reasons

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well..........................................................

Oh man, only 2 weeks to go for the season finale of truth.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Just two weeks until the true sequel to Devil May Cry 3, the greatest video game ever made, is officially announced. Motivation levels could not possibly be higher.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Picture was taken at E3 2015. It doesn't have to mean anything beyond that. Let's post threads only when there's some actual news
Tend to agree with this. I'm as thirsty as anyone, but this dripfeed of 'maybe news' isn't doing anything for me beyond that gif of the guy opening the fridge and finding nothing. We'll have all the news after E3 (I believe in SoS).

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Now you'll have to stay 5 minutes and 20 seconds in that thread, even if you finished reading all the posts.