• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the few issues Democrats and Republican voters agree upon. I never even entertained the fact that this would happen in my lifetime and it's definitely in reach for many parts of the country. Once Texas falls we've won.

The 2019 legislative session in Texas will be interesting. The two marijuana bills in 2017 had some bipartison support and co-sponsors which was surprising. I think in 2019 they'll actually go to votes (and probably not pass). I do expect either medicinal or recreational to pass in 2021 or 2023 though. That's if the federal government doesn't get to it first lol. Dan Patrick is a shit-stain though and will probably do everything he can to muck it up but maybe revenue figures from Cali will convince.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is happening constantly.

Sure, but marijuana legalization must not reverse what has been done, plus like I said it's stupid that cigarettes are still sold at all since the FDA is always banning dangerous substances every year and no one cries over it. It is hypocritical and only serves a few businesses' interest in making money on the back of people's health and at society's expense. Society is literally subsidizing tobacco businesses so that they can make money by killing people. A straight up wealth transfer from your paycheck to theirs, to make people sick and kill them to generate profit, whether you smoke or not. Only taxes make up for that, in a stupid Kafkaesque way.

I mean at the very least forbid them to sell tobacco in the form of cigarettes and forbid them from marketing the tobacco as something that is meant to be smoked. From there it would be even easier to ban all sorts of additives from the sold tobacco. Stop making half-hassed efforts.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sure, but marijuana legalization must not reverse what has been done, plus like I said it's stupid that cigarettes are still sold at all since the FDA is always banning dangerous substances every year and no one cries over it. It is hypocritical and only serves a few businesses' interest in making money on the back of people's health and at society's expense. Society is literally subsidizing tobacco businesses so that they can make money by killing people. A straight up wealth transfer from your paycheck to theirs, to make people sick and kill them to generate profit, whether you smoke or not.

I mean at the very least forbid them to sell tobacco in the form of cigarettes and forbid them from marketing the tobacco as something that is meant to be smoked. From there it would be even easier to ban all sorts of additives from the sold tobacco. Stop making half-hassed efforts.
Actually we are trying to have more choice with what we do with our own bodies, not less.

Don't half ass banning things. Full ass giving people the choice and making sure that everyone is well aware of the dangers associated with certain products. Make it in a safe environment and tax it. Every single person knows the risks of smoking, and some choose to do it still. Which is perfectly fine. Give other drugs the same treatment.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it is cheap enough to have some sort of effect on people turning to opiods in NH.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Actually we are trying to have more choice with what we do with our own bodies, not less.

Don't half ass banning things. Full ass giving people the choice and making sure that everyone is well aware of the dangers associated with certain products. Make it in a safe environment and tax it. Every single person knows the risks of smoking, and some choose to do it still. Which is perfectly fine. Give other drugs the same treatment.

So are you going to complain about not being able to consume micoexanitedibufromorphen when the FDA bans it? FDA bans stuff all the time so that companies can't make people sick for profit reasons. Should we unban all that is already banned and just rely on education, let companies sell anything, just rely on people being woke?

I mean I think it was last year they banned a substance used in bread, also used in the production of gym mats. But no, "Just educate yourself!".

Also, cigarettes are addictive, what now? No ban still? Or ban only if addictive?

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So are you going to complain about not being able to consume micoexanitedibufromorphen when the FDA bans it? FDA bans stuff all the time so that companies can't make people sick for profit reasons. Should we unban all that is already banned and just rely on education, let companies sell anything, just rely on people being woke?

I mean I think it was last year they banned a substance used in bread, also used in the production of gym mats. But no, "Just educate yourself!".
That's not what I said. Some things are banned for very obvious reasons, and we don't need to talk about that stuff.

I thought we were talking about Cigarettes and Marijuana, with maybe a few other widely used, illegal drugs mixed in.

I have no wish to eat gym mat bread.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's not what I said. Some things are banned for very obvious reasons, and we don't need to talk about that stuff.

I thought we were talking about Cigarettes and Marijuana, with maybe a few other widely used, illegal drugs mixed in.

I have no wish to eat gym mat bread.

Ok, but we know how toxic cigarettes are, probably more than the substance they put in the bread was, plus it's addictive. My point about marijuana is not that it should be banned, but that there is no reason to allow it being sold as cigarettes, nor allow businesses to promote it as a substance meant to be smoked. We shouldn't end in the same situation as what led cigarette sales to be too lucrative for governments to ban both due to taxes and lobbying.

Dahellisdat

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Also, cigarettes are addictive, what now? No ban still? Or ban only if addictive?
Yeah, fuck it! Lets ban alcohol too! And fast food! And Soda!

Ok, but we know how toxic cigarettes are, probably more than the substance they put in the bread was, plus it's addictive. My point about marijuana is not that it should be banned, but that there is no reason to allow it being sold as cigarettes, nor allow businesses to promote it as a substance meant to be smoked. We shouldn't end in the same situation as what led cigarette sales to be too lucrative for governments to ban both due to taxes and lobbying.
This makes no sense....its going to get smoked whether it comes as a cigarette or just gets smoked freeform out of a bowl...

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, fuck it! Lets ban alcohol too! And fast food! And Soda!

Like a clockwork. Do you whine about everything the FDA bans every year because of its toxicity? Cigarettes are explicitly toxic, always, and addictive. Why complain about banning that, but then not about banning the less toxic stuff companies have been putting in food or medication or household products?

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Ok then why is it illegal in Britain, Ireland, Canada, and most of the western world?

Because the influence created by the smear campaign he described went far beyond just the USA. Also, Canada will legalize it soon.

I will make this statement in every single MJ thread (since it's true): There is no justifiable reason for the possession and consumption of cannabis to be a criminal act.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Ok then why is it illegal in Britain, Ireland, Canada, and most of the western world?
It will be fully legal everywhere in Canada by July 1, 2018. It might as well be legal right now as it is for sale everywhere, both store fronts and online.

And yeah for Vermont! So it will be legal in Quebec but at the US border crossing between Vermont and Quebec everyone has to deny they have even heard of cannabis. Hmmm ...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that it's only 9 is sort of pathetic. Reefer Madness was like 60 years ago and you still got fools drinking the koolaid.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that it's only 9 is sort of pathetic. Reefer Madness was like 60 years ago and you still got fools drinking the koolaid.

Medicinal is legalized in some capacity in 29 states so that's a start I guess. Even Texas is moving in the right direction but only CBD oil is legal currently and only for epilepsy.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't smoke anymore but this is good news. there's nothing wrong with MJ, the plant has a stigma attached to it because of two reasons 1) william hearst owned a newspaper, was deathful fearful of hemp being used in place of paper which he made all his money from, so he vilified the drug in the early 1930s and 2) xenophobia of Mexicans coming into the border spawned movies like reefer madness which called MJ a plant with roots in hell and would turn innocent girls into sex crazed maniacs and ordinary men and women into murderous lunatics.

We've definitely made progress given now we're on #9 and pretty soon it will be closer to 40-50. It's still a schedule 1 drug, no accepted medical uses. so BS. fuck you DEA
lol, that's just nonsense. Everyone knows it had to become illegal because the blacks genetically react badly to it.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
How different is that?

Philadelphia decriminalized not too long ago. Basically, if you're caught with under a certain amount in Philly, you get a citation. It's a smallish fine...less than $100 anyway. No arrest, no criminal charge, etc. Just pay the ticket and you're good to go.

SkabootchWolf

Nov 30, 2017

Well the world is anti weed somewhat because there was some kinda worldwide narcotics act in 1925, like League of Nations or UN or something like that. Most of the world was on board. They added weed to the list.

It was around then it became illegal in a lot of the world.