• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
But the first to do so through the state legislature. Politicians have been notoriously dragging their feet on it, even in states with widespread public approval. It isn't even a partisan issue, either. Massachusetts voters legalized recreational marijuana in 2016, but state legislatures (nearly all of whom are Democrats) have continually put up roadblocks to effectively legalizing it. Yes, it's legal to consume, but not legal to buy or sell (obviously), which still creates this legal gray area on ... sure, smoke all the weed you want, but you have no place to legally buy it. The current target is that retail stores will open in July 2018, but Democrats in state legislature are still working to push that back, despite that the state courts had a ruling against the legislatures attempts to make a de facto broad repeal throughout most of the state in 2017.

Isn't everywhere outside of NYC super conservative with NYC and NY kinda racist?

"Conservatives" in New York would would be dyed in the whool liberals in about 40 other states. "Racists" in New York would be social justice warriors anywhere in the South or rural midwest. So, no, places outside NYC are not "super conservative," they'd probably be considered "left-leaning moderate populists" compared to most places in the United States, but compared to NYC, sure, they'd be considered conservative.

But also, they're politically interested in just different things and there isn't as much crossover when you're living in rural upstate New York, versus when you're living in literally the biggest city in the Western hemisphere.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Never used on before since I don't live in the city proper. Do they require you to have a DC address to deliver or can they deliver anywhere? (like a coffee shop for instance).

The one we use will deliver to DC addresses, but you can also meet them in DC. Some MD and VA friends of ours usually meet them around Logan Circle. If you want I can PM you a shot of their card. Word of advice, DO NOT eat an entire cookie or brownie. We like their 'fox rocks.'

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance of this ever happening in PA?

Considering medicinal is just about to start with PA's first grow warehouses and dispensaries just starting opening this month or next, I think its going to be a few years before PA passes anything recreational. I smoke daily mostly for medical reasons, and I qualify under PA rules for medicinal except my current doctor wants nothing to do with it. I'll stick to my plug and the stuff I get now isn't bad.

But congrats on all these states, I see some trips to Jersey in my future!