• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I entirely missed this releasing on Switch. Was it a broken port?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on the 2nd game to hit Game Pass. This tells me, may happen soon?

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Yup. They released a 30GB patch recently which was said to fix all of the outstanding bugs.

It did not do this. I still had the exact same gamebreaking bug which wouldn't allow any ranged attack or spell to hit anyone.
Oof...and no more updates too. I guess they don't see it worth investing.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've been eyeing this for a few months now as it seems like the perfect game when on a trip. Welp, made my decision that much easier.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I heard about the issues and bugs in this version and was waiting until they fix them before i buy this.

If this is how they decide to handle the situation then I'm not going to buy it at all.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Im literally playing part 3 of this game. Started it yesterday on PC because someone told me it has turn based combat or something?

Im still trying to figure out how combat works honestly. Can anyone link the OT for part 3 for me by any chance?

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
Im literally playing part 3 of this game. Started it yesterday on PC because someone told me it has turn based combat or something?

Im still trying to figure out how combat works honestly. Can anyone link the OT for part 3 for me by any chance?

Are you from the future? There is no Pillars of Eternity 3 yet xD

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Hardware limitations preventing them from fixing bugs, eh?

I'm raising my eye at this one. Performance issues being limited due to hardware is one thing.

But spells not working or doing damage properly or Pets not properly appearing when they are supposed to sounds very much like a cheap excuse / cop-out and doesn't seem have anything to do with "hardware limitations"

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
A broken game that is left broken should be refunded, no question.

On the one hand, I agree. But on the other I did end up putting like ~100 hours into it between two save files, I feel kinda cheap asking for a refund after that. Despite me still not being able to experience the majority of the game.

Oct 26, 2017
I played the game on XBO S via Game Pass and it wasn't exactly smooth on it either which really surprised me. I do appreciate their honesty. Sometimes you just can't. They clearly want to IMO, but I guess they'd need some kind of miracle coders to do the impossible. And I guess they can't just get Panic Button or something to help out?

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
So uh no hopes about the Pillars 2 port then? And towards someone who've tested Pillars 1 lately on Switch, does it hold up after the recent updates?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I played the game on XBO S via Game Pass and it wasn't exactly smooth on it either which really surprised me. I do appreciate their honesty. Sometimes you just can't. They clearly want to IMO, but I guess they'd need some kind of miracle coders to do the impossible. And I guess they can't just get Panic Button or something to help out?

That would be nice if they were actually honest. They said the most recent patch fixed all outstanding bugs, which is 100% false.

They also said they submitted it for certification in June 2020 which was also false because it was only submitted a couple months ago.

Oct 26, 2017
That would be nice if they were actually honest. They said the most recent patch fixed all outstanding bugs, which is 100% false.

They also said they submitted it for certification in June 2020 which was also false because it was only submitted a couple months ago.
Maybe the patch certification just took awhile (COVID being a big factor), plus I remember hearing others having certification delays last year (that Pick up Girls in a dungeon shmup by PQube was one IIRC... we're still waiting :P).

That's bad if they did lie about the patch fixing things though.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this and put tons of hours (about 60) into it. Long story short... DO NOT BUY THIS TRASH. I played so much because I was on a long trip and love both PoE 1 and 2 on PC but this port is fucking dog shit. Just buy Baldur's 1 and 2 for switch if you're looking for that CRPG fix. And since both BG 1 and 2 are so old, they load very quickly on switch. Meanwhile PoE 1 for switch has insane loading times that are just unforgivable.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the patch certification just took awhile (COVID being a big factor), plus I remember hearing others having certification delays last year (that Pick up Girls in a dungeon shmup by PQube was one IIRC... we're still waiting :P).

That's bad if they did lie about the patch fixing things though.

I read on their forums a few weeks back that they never actually sent in the patch in June, it was completely fabricated.

Oct 28, 2017
If they aren't willing to fix it anymore (I'm not sure whether I can accept hardware limitations as an excuse to not fix bugs), then they should remove the game from the eshop instead of selling a broken game at full price. Also, they should offer refunds for those that want them.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I kinda wonder how they even managed to get it to run so poorly. It ran terribly on PS4, as well. Thankfully the PS4 was able to brute force ranger pets, I guess.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
This is pretty laughable for a Switch port and for them to give up on it is utterly shameful. I usually get pissed if a switch port cuts the framerate down to 30FPS without any performance mode options whatsoever, since in that case I just buy it on literally anything else, but outright broken ports are wayyyy worse since even if you don't mind a lower framerate/res/whatever, you still can't enjoy it even if you're a switch only fan/portable gamer!

Sexy Brutale was one i avoided for that very reason of a buggy port (the kind of game would have done well portably and thus i'd prefer the switch version if it worked properly) and it looks like I won't even give this a glance. From the sounds of it, if POE is that buggy and they won't try to fix it, they should honestly just delist the game entirely from switch or at least heavily discount it lower than the other versions.

EDIT: I made my post above without looking at the price (I assumed it was $30 tops) and HOLY MOTHER FUCKING GOD IT'S $50?!?!?!? How the heck is that even acceptable for a port *this pricey*?