• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Amanobuff

Oct 28, 2017
Singapore
Mine says it arrived to Singapore airport since the 8th of Dec. yet I still haven't received it.

Did anyone order from Singapore? If so, have you received it?

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
What are they waiting for? It shouldn't be complicated to flip it to the other side...

Wouldnt count on Farsight doing this. Its been asked since the showup from the flipgrip i think, not done yet... They dont have the latest tables ( big juicy and big buck ) on Switch, when its been ou on IOS for quite some time. Support for PA on console since license lost is abysmal.

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
It finally arrived! (Spain here) I'll try it after work. Just in time for that Ikaruga sale in the japanese eshop.

By the way, I have a $10 discount coupon for fangamer (because of their black friday sale) that I won't be using. If anyone is interested PM me.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
So has no one else mention the obvious design flaw with this flip grip?. The way the switch screen has to be placed into the flip grip it completely covers the volume and power buttons and when inserting the screen into the flip grip it either turns the volume down or up. Why on earth didnt they design the grip so the screen can be inserted the other way around give access to the volume and power buttons?....massive over sight surely!?

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
So has no one else mention the obvious design flaw with this flip grip?. The way the switch screen has to be placed into the flip grip it completely covers the volume and power buttons and when inserting the screen into the flip grip it either turns the volume down or up. Why on earth didnt they design the grip so the screen can be inserted the other way around give access to the volume and power buttons?....massive over sight surely!?
You can press and hold the Home button on the Joy-Con to bring up the power, brightness and volume while you're using the Flip Grip. Also, I personally haven't had the volume buttons be pressed when inserting the Switch into the Flip Grip.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017

It's designed to rotate that way my guess is because the default rotation of most games that do that, is that direction. Not all games give options to rotate them either way, and while a small percentage rotate the other way the majority of tate supporting games rotate the way the flip grip does.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017

As said above, it was designed that way because all features that are applicable to that side (power, volume) are reachable by holding down the home button. If you were to flip the screen the other way, you would not only have redundant buttons, but you wouldn't be able to remove games or, most importantly, access the headphone jack.

It's well designed. Not an oversight at all.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When I configure an ACA game to rotate (for example: Argus), it doesn't seem to hold the exact scale of the screen dimensions. How can I know which one is pixel perfect?

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised to see so little activity on this thread now that the thing is released and into peoples' hands?

I got mine recently. Haven't had time to use it much yet. Ikaruga looks amazing though.

EDIT: Just realized I'm like a whole month late on the conversation, lol. Nevermind me!

What are they waiting for? It shouldn't be complicated to flip it to the other side...

Typical of Farsight to fuck that up and then never fix it, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Typical of Farsight to fuck that up and then never fix it, unfortunately.
I don't ever see them doing it, TBH. I don't know what Stern tables they've promised after Woah Nellie, but whatever it is (and whatever Gottlieb tables they release, lol) it's never going to drive sales like Williams/Bally tables would. Meaning I doubt they'll ever bother updating their pinball apps for Switch again.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't ever see them doing it, TBH. I don't know what Stern tables they've promised after Woah Nellie, but whatever it is (and whatever Gottlieb tables they release, lol) it's never going to drive sales like Williams/Bally tables would. Meaning I doubt they'll ever bother updating their pinball apps for Switch again.

I have a physical copy of Stern Pinball Arcade and I guess I'll sell it, no point in having the Switch version if I can't have proper FlipGrip support on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Flip Grip here in South Korea. I actually hadn't been paying attention to the shipping dates for the Flip Grip, but my Genki (bluetooth adaptor for Switch) order gave me shipping updates, and I had been expecting that since Dec. 24th. When this showed up first I was slightly, but pleasantly, surprised (though the Genki did show up later in the afternoon as well—two successful Kickstarters on the same day).

So far it has been fun to go back and play all the games I had been waiting on for this: Ikaruga, Strikers 1945 I and II, all the other Psikyo games, and a bunch others. I may have to go pick up that NAMCO collection now too. Galaga used to be one of my favorite games but I've never had the opportunity to play it in vertical mode—at least not outside of an arcade.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of which the Namco Museum is currently on sale in NA. Which annoys me because I just got that physical Namco Pac bundle thing during Boxing Day but would have preferred digital (and don't care about the other thing in the physical bundle). Oh well.

Last edited:

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Mine arrived three weeks ago but couldn't pick it up until coming back home, it is now sitting in my "postal box service" and they will deliver it to me today, can't wait 💦

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all.. Just received
Well, which are the best shump and flipper game to test it out?
Best flipper game is definitely Pinball FX3. You get a table or two free (from what I can remember), and I'd recommend one of the Williams table packs because they're all real-life tables. IMO the first Williams pack is the best, but you can't go wrong with either. Or both!

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrived today and wow, absolutely perfect.

DwD66muU0AApRFx.jpg

It's a shame Farsight will likely never update Pinball Arcade to work with it though.

Also props for SNK Anniversary Collection taking the Namco Museum approach of letting you play the entire thing vertically, menus and all.

DwD683oU8AAZ_1i.jpg

Well Pinball Arcade work with it, you need to fit the Switch the other way. Wont click, but it fit and stay firm enough to not worry about it. And yeah it suck, they havent release new update with Big Buck and Whoa Nelly....

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm bumping this thread. You absolute shits.

Downwell has been out two weeks? TWO WEEKS?

And not the one of you had the decency of letting me know.

Friendship ended.

Deleted member 49185

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
7GDnTPI.png

I bought the Flip Grip when it first came out, but the one problem I had with it, wasn't even a Flip Grip design flaw. It was the ergonomics of the Joy-Cons. It felt so bad to hold it that I went looking for solutions.

I recently bought and I am still waiting on Seperate Charging Grip from Japan by GameTech, but I heard complaints of the face plates making buttons hard to push. While I am still waiting for that to arrive I found out that someone is making an all in one grip solution where it can be docked, or even used in conjunction with the Flip Grip. It's called the Grip Clip.

I don't have posting privelages yet, but if I did I would make a thread regarding this, as it is on Kickstarter and more than half way to the goal with 24 days to go.

Would anyone mind starting a thread regarding this accessory? think it deserves it's own thread. I went ahead and pledged the minimum to get me a pair of these and I hope it makes it, because it looks to be exactly what I've been waiting for.

Grip Clip Kickstarter

Last edited:

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
My Cybergadget Grip is compatible with the Flip Grip to my luck :) (had to file off a few mm of plastic for it though, but easily done).

Also: saw the Grip Clip, seems like a very nice product. The bundle with the case seems a tad expensive though.

Last edited:

fwd-bwd

Jul 14, 2019
I believe the Cyber Gadget Grip is sold on the US Amazon as ButterFox Dockable Trigger Hand Grip Case. Yes, it can be used with the Flip Grip after sanding off some plastic around the top latch; there's a screw in that latch though, and sanding around it might impact the grip's reliability. I'm also not a fan of its shoulder button design and general bulkiness. It's still a decent product though.

The Grip Clip seems the best solution for Flip Grip users at the moment. I hope that it will hit the funding goal.

Deleted member 49185

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
My Cybergadget Grip is compatible with the Flip Grip to my luck :) (had to file off a few mm of plastic for it though, but easily done).

Also: saw the Grip Clip, seems like a very nice product. The bundle with the case seems a tad expensive though.

I opted for the Grip Clip by itself. It was around $26.00 dollars after the conversion to US dollars and includes the shipping charges.

I am not sure this will make it. The campaign started out great, but it has slowed way down now. I hope I am wrong though. Does someone mind posting a thread specifically for this? As I said I don't have posting main thread privelages yet, and would love to give this more exposure.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I think when the idea/campaign owner has no time to do the marketing himself, he might also not be up there to run the production etc.
Why hasn't he sent some samples to youtuber etc. even the bloddy SFANS adapter guys managed to do that (and I still feel screwed by them).

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
I opted for the Grip Clip by itself. It was around $26.00 dollars after the conversion to US dollars and includes the shipping charges.

I am not sure this will make it. The campaign started out great, but it has slowed way down now. I hope I am wrong though. Does someone mind posting a thread specifically for this? As I said I don't have posting main thread privelages yet, and would love to give this more exposure.

I'll have a go at rustling a thread up

Edit:

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Aw that's a shame.

I've used my Flip Grip a few times with Namco Museum, I'm so glad that my early fears about the design were unwarranted because it's really fun playing games in this mode with the proper screen ratio. I haven't had too much of an issue with the JoyCons or the comfort level but the Grip Clip would have been nice to have anyway. ):