• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
Why am I like this:

TMU4Xfl.jpg

My apologies. This looks like a wonderful accessory and I'm glad it has come to fruition and is delivering.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I backed this and wondered if I'd even have a game to play with it. Then I got that namco PAC collection physical on amazon for 17 bucks, so I'm ready for the flip grip!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my shipping notice :)

And Psikyo Vol 2 just came in a couple days ago :)

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Ireland, so hopefully I'll have mine by the time they release the new Switch revision which won't fit.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Mine should be arriving today. Ikaruga's ready.

I grabbed Jurassic Pinball when it was on sale a few months back. I wish that supported the portrait orientation.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they didn't ship these by "order you backed the KS," 'cuz I was in there immediately and still bupkis.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I realize it is still making its way out to folks, but anyone have any case suggestions that are likely to fit with the flipgrip attached? I am fine sliding off the joycons when not in use so no worries matching the form factor with it all connected. I imagine a case that has the room for a grip would work here but no idea how to tell by pictures.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
"December 3, 2018
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 3, 2018 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available. "
Well, shit. I guess it hasn't left the US yet :/

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Unpacked mine a little while ago and tried it out...

I dig the idea and it's neat being able to play Ikaruga vertically, but it feels weird. The Switch has some heft to it, and the weight of the portion sticking out of the top of the grip makes me nervous that I'm going to drop it. Sliding the Switch in, it pushes the volume all of the way up from the pressure, so I had to hold Home and turn the volume down after. But the system and Joy-Cons slipped in pretty easily, but snugly.

Navigating the dashboard and menus is weird with everything rotated 90 degrees. Might want to be smarter than I was and get your game situated before putting your Switch into it.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Without any fanfare or notice, my FlipGrip arrived today! Spent an hour playing various TATE games and can confirm it's a nicely-engineered little kit -- everything is solid and easy to work with, and the instruction card/credit card/kickstand is an extra bit of genius. All that I'd need to make it perfect would be some sort of way to keep the instructions/kickstand attached to the grip when not in use, but that's just a minor quibble on an excellent product.

Here's some unboxing photos. Spoiler'ed for anyone who doesn't want to see it until they get theirs.
Didn't get any fancy wrapping paper on my unit. >pout< ;-)

Oct 25, 2017
Mine got shipped on Nov 29th, but it's still waiting for acceptance in Los Angeles.
I'm curious how long it'll take until it arrives here in Germany.

Due to the wildfires in California it could take even longer.

EDIT: How's Ikaruga in general and how good is the Switch port? I've never played it, but it seems like a cult classic.

Last edited:

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Got mine! It's more of a future plan than anything I can use right now, but I'm glad I've got it. :)

Spoilered as above.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I got mine last night and played a ton of High Speed II on Pinballfx3 last night.

While the switch screen is pretty tiny compared to my iPad running HS II via PBA, the flip grip -with its physical buttons and HD rumble tactility- works like a dream and ups the play factor quite a bit.

pbFX's separate flipper/bumper physics audio volume cranked up alongside HD rumble? *dumb chef's kiss gesture*

This will be a fine pinball on the road config, that's for sure.

I just want to say that Jeremy and fangamer did a great job and send my gratitude.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday and now it's just mailed as "in transit" with no delivery date... Ugh.

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
Got the two I ordered in yesterday and instantly tried out Pinball FX3 and Ikaruga.

Works great and worth every penny of funding.

Side note: Got my physical copy of Shikhondo in from Play Asia yesterday as well, was disappointed there is no vertical support in the game :(

Last edited:

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Say guys, is it known if this works with the Hori joycons that have a Dpad instead of the four separate buttons?
I'd guess it doesn't, but it would be so much better to play shooters with a Dpad. The joycon sticks are just not ideal for that kind of precise movement.

Amanobuff

Oct 28, 2017
Singapore
Waiting for mine as well. I guess it'll take at least a week to reach Singapore.

I've been holding on all my shmups until I get this. Just a little longer now...

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Say guys, is it known if this works with the Hori joycons that have a Dpad instead of the four separate buttons?
I'd guess it doesn't, but it would be so much better to play shooters with a Dpad. The joycon sticks are just not ideal for that kind of precise movement.
Don't those have to be physically connected to the switch (i.e. they don't work via Bluetooth)?

If so, they won't work, since the joycons aren't physically attached to the body of the switch and are in "kick stand mode" or whatever Nintendo calls it.

Oct 29, 2017

No, they wont because they lack wireless capabilities (and the Flip-Grip takes up the rail slot on the Switch console itself).

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Don't those have to be physically connected to the switch (i.e. they don't work via Bluetooth)?

If so, they won't work, since the joycons aren't physically attached to the body of the switch and are in "kick stand mode" or whatever Nintendo calls it.
No, they wont because they lack wireless capabilities (and the Flip-Grip takes up the rail slot on the Switch console itself).
Eh, just like I thought. Thanks.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Without any fanfare or notice, my FlipGrip arrived today! Spent an hour playing various TATE games and can confirm it's a nicely-engineered little kit -- everything is solid and easy to work with, and the instruction card/credit card/kickstand is an extra bit of genius. All that I'd need to make it perfect would be some sort of way to keep the instructions/kickstand attached to the grip when not in use, but that's just a minor quibble on an excellent product.

Didn't get any fancy wrapping paper on my unit. >pout< ;-)
It's the shipping bubble mailer. Fangamer standard.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing they either ran out or they used bubble mailers for US delivery and boxes for international.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Two thoughts.

1. Switch needs folders like now so I can group and easily find the tate games.
2. I just spent $30+ on Psikyo games. I don't even like Psikyo's games.

(3. secret bonus third thought.. use the touch screen to navigate the Switch main menu when in the flip grip, much easier than rotating your inputs in your mind)